RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Seriously considering trading my RC 350 Fsport for RCF

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-16, 05:35 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously considering trading my RC 350 Fsport for RCF

I have a 2015 RC 350 F sport awd with RSR lowering springs, K & N cold air intake, f sport exhaust and 20" vossen VFS6 wheels with pilot super sport tires (which I hope fit the RCF). This is not my daily car, so when I take it out I like to really enjoy driving it. But it just doesn't seem to have the power that I'm looking for, so that is why I have checked into switching to the RCF. They have some good prices on remaining 2016 RCF's, has anyone made this move and are you glad that you did ? I grew up driving built 68,69 Camaros and ram air trans am, so I'm not new to horsepower. Can you also tell me your opinion on the carbon fiber performance package, is it worth the extra $. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Old 12-23-16, 07:33 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Went from IS350 FSport to RCF. Not even a close comparison....

IS was nice (my first Lexus)...RCF makes you feel like a champion. I doubt you will regret it.
The following users liked this post:
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-23-16, 07:47 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

DO it!

I sometimes second guess not going for the performance. But I like a moon roof. Certainly the TVD will be felt more when you're pushing the car and around the corners. But all that CF on the roof and wing makes it an awesome package. Definitely worth the extra money. Members with the TV's seem very happy with it.
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-23-16, 08:42 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by bsheets
I have a 2015 RC 350 F sport awd with RSR lowering springs, K & N cold air intake, f sport exhaust and 20" vossen VFS6 wheels with pilot super sport tires (which I hope fit the RCF). This is not my daily car, so when I take it out I like to really enjoy driving it. But it just doesn't seem to have the power that I'm looking for, so that is why I have checked into switching to the RCF. They have some good prices on remaining 2016 RCF's, has anyone made this move and are you glad that you did ? I grew up driving built 68,69 Camaros and ram air trans am, so I'm not new to horsepower. Can you also tell me your opinion on the carbon fiber performance package, is it worth the extra $. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Was in the same situation, had a RC350 F Sport, enjoyed driving it, but it lacked power. Switched to a 2015 (short term) and now 2017 RCF... much, much better! Be aware, there is a fairly big difference in suspension feel between the 15/16s and the 17s, they just added the adaptive suspension (similar to what's in your RC350) to the 2017. Love this car.
Old 12-24-16, 06:53 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
Was in the same situation, had a RC350 F Sport, enjoyed driving it, but it lacked power. Switched to a 2015 (short term) and now 2017 RCF... much, much better! Be aware, there is a fairly big difference in suspension feel between the 15/16s and the 17s, they just added the adaptive suspension (similar to what's in your RC350) to the 2017. Love this car.
The adaptive suspension would be at the top of my list also. Really depends on what you'll do with the car. If money is a concern, wait until the '17's drop in price a little and forgo the performance package. My .02.
Old 12-24-16, 08:19 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
The adaptive suspension would be at the top of my list also. Really depends on what you'll do with the car. If money is a concern, wait until the '17's drop in price a little and forgo the performance package. My .02.
I'm very surprised they didn't launch the RCF with the adaptive suspension. Very much enjoyed the 2015, except the brain rattling you'd sometimes get on choppy freeways or my local poor quality streets sometimes irritated me.... The 2017 is so much better at handling these that I strongly agree with your recommendation. Although the TVD is great, depending on your driving you may or may not enjoy it as often/much as the new suspension, and the rest of the package is very expensive, particularly if the CF isn't key for you. Definitely subjective feel, though, so test drive both before deciding.

I would be interested in seeing a back to back comparo between a 2015/16 and a 2017 to see if they've compromised handling at all or ultimately improved it... subjectively it still seems great, but I'm not an expert and don't track mine at all.
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-28-16, 08:38 AM
BluByYou
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove the RC350 the first visit to the dealer. He did not have an RCF yet. Then went and drove other contenders, Be honest when I drove the RCF I fell in love. Better acceleration, handling, upgraded interior. A neighbor bought the RC200t looks great but no get up and go, and is that not the reason we but sport cars. GO FOR IT.
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-28-16, 09:56 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

you need to buy it
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-28-16, 10:13 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

The performance package is worth it to me and happy I have it since the CF roof/spoiler adds that extra-level of exclusivity and gives off a slight exotic look. Downside of course is no sunroof...
Old 12-28-16, 01:12 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bsheets
yes I did I had my rc350 for only 3 months I lost about 10 big ones but I don't regret it I love the rcf much better car and every since of the way g luckkkkk.....
Attached Thumbnails Seriously considering trading my RC 350 Fsport for RCF-img_0063.jpg  
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-28-16, 01:17 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The performance package is worth it to me and happy I have it since the CF roof/spoiler adds that extra-level of exclusivity and gives off a slight exotic look. Downside of course is no sunroof...
hey corrado ur right if u have to buy the xtra package after the purchase is very expensive beside u can't not have a real carbon roof ......I feel for u also cus I just to lived in big Toronto so I know how u feel about not driving your rcf I just to do the same when I owned my Mazda mx6 storage for the winter .....I'm happy I'm in socal way cheaper and sunnier.....
Old 12-28-16, 07:12 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Go for it. I went from an IS350 F-Sport to the RC-F. I didn't get the performance package because I wanted the sunroof and honestly, I was barely ever going to really use all the options and modes of the performance package because I got the car to drive in the city and cruise around, not really as a track car or anything and I use my sunroof a lot....... it feels so nice to drive down the beach on a nice day with the windows down and the sunroof open
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-28-16, 07:25 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Go for it. I went from an IS350 F-Sport to the RC-F. I didn't get the performance package because I wanted the sunroof and honestly, I was barely ever going to really use all the options and modes of the performance package because I got the car to drive in the city and cruise around, not really as a track car or anything and I use my sunroof a lot....... it feels so nice to drive down the beach on a nice day with the windows down and the sunroof open
the car is still very fast right? its apparently .1 second slower on average without performance package. i personally did what you did. i drive everywhere with my sunroof open .
Old 12-28-16, 07:41 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1118
the car is still very fast right? its apparently .1 second slower on average without performance package. i personally did what you did. i drive everywhere with my sunroof open .
Yes it is The performance package really only makes a difference on a road course and it might help with the launch of the car by half a hair lol
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)
Old 12-28-16, 08:02 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I had a rc350 f sport too and switched the car after few months of having it
best change ever, the rcf is a total beast compare to the rc350
good luck
LxsCf RCF (12-30-16)

Quick Reply: Seriously considering trading my RC 350 Fsport for RCF