RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

stupid g-damn disrespectful dumba** f-tards.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-16, 04:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
I carry zip ties and I'll zip tie a shopping cart to the door handle of someone who takes up 2 parking spots. I hope they have something to cut it with... I got the idea from online somewhere...
funniest thing I've read all day
Old 12-10-16, 07:40 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
While I agree reading the zip-tie thing was indeed funny, I would strongly advise not doing that. I am not making any excuses for the self-proclaimed AS$%^#!'s taking up two parking spots but there are just some crazy people out there as well as some fanatical car owners like most of us and that can be a Molotov cocktail.

Please do not read me wrong. I would never park or take up two parking spaces or park right next another nice car that was parked out of the way in an empty lot but I know if I walked up to my car and saw some dude with a shopping cart next to it messing with my door handle and fiddling with his hands, I think the first thing that would come to my mind would not be this is just some clever dude teaching me a lesson by tying a cart to my door handle. I would be inclined to think much worse and would most likely take appropriate measures.

That said and not to take this thread off topic. Sorry to the OP and his car and there is no freaking excuse for this type of car disrespect.

Last edited by mr2dave; 12-11-16 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-10-16, 11:09 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
While I agree reading the zip-tie thing was indeed funny, I would strongly advise not doing that. I am not making any excuses for the self-proclaimed AS$%^#!'s taking up two parking spots but there are just some crazy people out there as well as some fanatical car owners like most of us and that can be a Molotov cocktail.

Please do not read me wrong. I would never park or take up two parking spaces or park right next another nice car that was parked out of the way in an empty lot but I know if I walked up to my car and saw some dude with a shopping cart next to my car messing with my door handle and fiddling with his hands, I think the first thing that would come to my mind would not be some clever dude teaching me a lesson by tying a cart to my door handle. I would be inclined to think much worse and would most likely take appropriate measures.

That said and not to take this thread off topic. Sorry to the OP and his car and there is no freaking excuse for this type of car disrespect.
If they want to try and assault me because they are a-holes, they are welcome to try.

edit: It is also against the law to assault someone for being next to their car, shopping cart or not. Since it would be self defense for me, they may end up in jail as well as being beat up. That would make my day.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Last edited by Davew77; 12-10-16 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-10-16, 04:29 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

If they want to try and assault me because they are a-holes, they are welcome to try.

edit: It is also against the law to assault someone for being next to their car, shopping cart or not. Since it would be self defense for me, they may end up in jail as well as being beat up. That would make my day.

Dave - I agreed your tactic was indeed funny. Where I was coming from along with warning for nut-jobs out there these days was from my years within law enforcement.

It has been a very long time that I worked patrol (you have to start somewhere) or the streets but when I did and if I rolled up on someone and they quickly turned and were fumbling with zip-ties/something in their hands; that's a crappy recipe that could and should be avoided. That was all I was implying man.

Also, please do not take this wrong but you must really be in an area with a bunch of real parking shi#$eads to have to carry a bag of zip-ties around with you. Will give you kudos for one thing, if you strap one of those on something, someone will need a knife or sharp tool to get that off!

Last edited by mr2dave; 12-12-16 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-11-16, 01:57 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Dave - I agreed your tactic was indeed funny. Where I was coming from along with warning for nut-jobs out there these days was from my years within law enforcement.

It has been a very long time that I worked patrol (you have to start somewhere) or the streets but when I did and if I rolled up on someone and they quickly turned and were fumbling with zip-ties/something in their hands; that's a crappy recipe that could and should be avoided. That was all I was implying man.

Also, please do not take this wrong but you must really be in an area with a bunch or real parking shi#$eads to have to carry a bag of zip-ties around with you. Will give you kudos for one thing, if you strap one of those on something, someone will need a knife or sharp tool to get that off!
It's all good. I know there are nut-jobs out there. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I like a little bit of excitement.

It takes all of 5 seconds to zip tie a cart to their door handle, and if someone is close by that I think could be the owner then I don't do it. It's just one of my ways of trying to get people to respect each other. I'm hoping that they don't have anything to cut it off, that way it's a real inconvenience for them causing an inconvenience to other people who would have liked to have one of those parking spots they took up. (I wouldn't do it to a car in the very back of the parking lot where nobody else wants to park)
Old 12-11-16, 02:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

wow this tread made a hard turn and headed up a different street.
Old 12-11-16, 07:19 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

IDK if you really want to try the zip tie thing. I guess it depends where you are. In places like AL or MS or LA (that's Louisiana) where almost EVERYONE carries and belongs (or think belongs) to NRA, you are just asking for trouble. No car is worth the trouble, I'll just walk away (and call my LEO buddies).

Old 12-12-16, 06:46 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

It's all good. I know there are nut-jobs out there. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I like a little bit of excitement.
There certainly is.
Old 12-13-16, 07:00 AM
TitanG545
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I feel you pain.

One time I parked my MB SLK55 AMG roadster at night in front of a Barnes and Noble bookstore. I got a call right after I had parked, so I was on the phone for a good 15 minutes. During that time some douchBa*! parked next to me and open their door and ding my door!!! They were very surprised when I honked the horn and got out!!! I have very darkly tinted windows so they did not realize anyone was sitting in the car.

No excuses for no respect for other people's property.
I always find it hilarious how careful people get out of there car when they see you sitting in it. I swear people will try and crawl through the trunk as to not hit your car. However if you aren't in the car they let the door swing like it is a barn door.

I am curious is it alright to park close to another nice car or is it like the stalls in the bathroom, one empty stall between the two of us. Whenever I go to the movies with my brother, we always have that one seat empty between us.

Last edited by TitanG545; 12-13-16 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-13-16, 08:26 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

LOL, just don't make out in public and you are ok. Haha. LOL

Thought about rigging up some kind of proximity sensor where the car will just start to play loud music whenever it senses there are motion or car or people near it. Or just have the car announce "HEY, WATCH IT " or something like that.

Originally Posted by kidistight
I always find it hilarious how careful people get out of there car when they see you sitting in it. I swear people will try and crawl through the trunk as to not hit your car. However if you aren't in the car they let the door swing like it is a barn door.

I am curious is it alright to park close to another nice car or is it like the stalls in the bathroom, one empty stall between the two of us. Whenever I go to the movies with my brother, we always have that one seat empty between us.