RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Race Cats For Better Low End Torque and Smeeell...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-16, 02:02 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Race Cats For Better Low End Torque and Smeeell...?

Hi! I've been thinking about Race CCs to help regain low end torque and have a better
smell. Some say that when you free up the exhaust too much, you gain High End HP but lose
Low End Torque(instant acceleration feeling in the 1st to 2nd gears). Unless, you get it tuned.

My first exhaust mod was PPE Headers w/ Stock CatBack, there's a significant increase in
throatiness and torque pull feeling except when CEL turns on. That CEL slows down the car
so much unless you reset it.

Second exhaust mod, PPE+Meisterschaft Ti Exhaust which has no restrictions but was very
loud. The torque gains/loses were hard to test since it was too loud to drive around CA.
But I felt like I lost some instant low end torque unless I increase my speed and also make
sure CEL is off. When I open the valves, it growls a lot and I lose more low end torque.

Third, PPE+Apexi Resonated Midpipe+Meisterschaft, it sounds quieter/more tuned sound and
the low end torque seems better especially after the ECU Flash for the Fuel Pump. The
acceleration and shifting of gears while on Auto/Manual-Sport/Sport+ is faster. I lose
traction when I punch the gas indicated by the yellow traction light that blinks on my
dashboard instrument panel. Lighter rims help too.

Fourth, future mod would be RRRacing's RCF ECU Tune that should help with low-mid torque
gains + thinking about race cats to improve the smell with a lot less restrictions than OEM
cats. Mostly for smell improvement now. OEM cats have about 700+ cells so, I'm looking for
something below 700 like 300-200 cells. Also, something that wouldn't overheat or get
destroyed when welded on my Apexi Midpipe. I heard it goes about 1000*F in the engine and exhaust area.

Do you guys have any recommendations? What brand and specs?
Old 11-24-16, 01:23 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Think about this.

How would jamming stuff in your exhaust help you with low end torque?

It doesn't, its a myth.

Look on the IS-F forum for a gentleman with the screen name "caymandive" or something to that effect...he is using aftermarket hi flow cats with no power loss.
Old 11-28-16, 02:40 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

i think the meistercraft with headers is too loud for daily use. Their cat back by itself is great. with headers is a know for me. they need silencers. I have the apexi and paid under 2k for it. The miestercraft is more than double and doesent perform any better. and in some cases worse than mine. 3