RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Rcf TSIB

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-16, 08:23 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Rcf TSIB

Taking the Rcf in for TSIB next week. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything

-less dusty brake pads
-reflash fuel pump

anything else in missing?
Old 11-19-16, 09:00 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm getting my pads done too. Just be prepared to replicate both problems or they won't do it.
Old 11-19-16, 09:40 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Taking the Rcf in for TSIB next week. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything

-less dusty brake pads
-reflash fuel pump

anything else in missing?
some sort of recall? (new here so I don't know what tsib is)
Old 11-19-16, 10:11 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by paulwall4
some sort of recall? (new here so I don't know what tsib is)

Old 11-19-16, 10:17 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

dope thanks!
so they will replace them for free? or when you do your brakes?
Old 11-19-16, 10:26 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

dope thanks!
so they will replace them for free? or when you do your brakes?
yep, they will replace for free as long as you can replicate the noise and if your brake pads aren't worn less than 5mm.

Im going to let them replace mine then ill quickly remove it and put on endless pads and have the stock ones as spares.
Old 11-19-16, 10:32 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

yep, they will replace for free as long as you can replicate the noise and if your brake pads aren't worn less than 5mm.

Im going to let them replace mine then ill quickly remove it and put on endless pads and have the stock ones as spares.
oh okay how are the one they are replacing them with?

endless pads?

sorry still new to all this haha
fell like a kid right now
Old 11-19-16, 11:19 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

oh okay how are the one they are replacing them with?

endless pads?

sorry still new to all this haha
fell like a kid right now
the ones they are replacing takes away noise but supposedly less performance. Endless pads are about 900 for front and rear. they are aftermarket but why not get free pads if you can.
Old 11-19-16, 12:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm getting my pads done too. Just be prepared to replicate both problems or they won't do it.

if its tsib why wont they do it since is well known issue and well documented? I don't have the fuel pump hissing but why not have it reflashed since its a known problem and im there anyways.
Old 11-19-16, 12:33 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ssmoked
if its tsib why wont they do it since is well known issue and well documented? I don't have the fuel pump hissing but why not have it reflashed since its a known problem and im there anyways.
it's not a recall, just a TSB. thats something you have to talk to the sales manager/lexus corp about if you want that done without having an issue.
Old 11-20-16, 05:34 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Exactly. Wait until they squeal or don't bother. Don't clean the wheels/rotors as that will reduce or eliminate the squeal temporarily.
Old 11-20-16, 08:43 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
Exactly. Wait until they squeal or don't bother. Don't clean the wheels/rotors as that will reduce or eliminate the squeal temporarily.
mine started to squeal the first week i got mine haha
went to dealership and was like wth is going on
they told me it was normal
Old 11-20-16, 01:31 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I've been getting a lot more squeal in this colder weather during light braking. It may be time to change pads. I wasn't having issues before, but now that I am I don't like it. They seem to squeal just when I don't want them too.

I'll do some research on it first though. I'm not likely going to get the freebies from the dealer. I need pads that can stop the car from 170mph without a problem. The factory OEM pads performed to my liking for that. I don't know about their alternate pads. Plus, I hear the alternate pads still create a lot of dust. So if I'm going to change the type of pad for the squeal then I may as well nip that in the bud at the same time.
Old 11-22-16, 04:35 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Davew77
I've been getting a lot more squeal in this colder weather during light braking. It may be time to change pads. I wasn't having issues before, but now that I am I don't like it. They seem to squeal just when I don't want them too.

I'll do some research on it first though. I'm not likely going to get the freebies from the dealer. I need pads that can stop the car from 170mph without a problem. The factory OEM pads performed to my liking for that. I don't know about their alternate pads. Plus, I hear the alternate pads still create a lot of dust. So if I'm going to change the type of pad for the squeal then I may as well nip that in the bud at the same time.
I did the brake pad TSB, I couldn't take the squealing anymore. I could care less about the dust because I don't drive it that often. I had the same problem with my Jeep SRT8 brembo pads they squeaked like a ***** as well until I changed them and it squeaks no more as well. Now I was worried about the performance loss too and to be quite honest there is a noticeable difference in stopping power. I don't want to exaggerate the difference it still stops extremely well but it doesn't have that initial bite when you hit the brakes. I track my RCF from time to time and I haven't took it to the track with the new pads but I am sure I will switch the pads out on track day. There is considerably less brake dust for sure. My suggestion is if you are not planning often track use I would switch them out for sure. The new pads are more than suitable for street use even if you "allegedly" take the occasional triple digit mph excursion.
Old 05-14-17, 02:54 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Guys sorry to bump, but did i read somewhere there is a tsib for something to do with the rear axle and it being able to rust easily or something, really would like an answer & thanks y'all so much!!!