RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Rear wing manual switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 07:11 AM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wing manual switch

While test driving a car, I was playing with the wing button on the dash and was wondering if it's working properly. Press it and wing rises. Press it again and nothing. Hold it in and wing retracts but then rises again. It seems I have to find the exact time to release the switch for the wing to remain in the retracted position. Salesman THINKS this is proper operation, but I'm not sure and I didn't have the chance to check the owners manual. Is this the way the switch really works?
Old 11-16-16, 07:20 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

press the button until you see the light turn on. wing open. hold until the light turns off, wing closed.
Old 11-16-16, 07:40 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
press the button until you see the light turn on. wing open. hold until the light turns off, wing closed.
This. And you can disable the feature in the settings so it stays in the up/down position. I currently have mine locked in the up position. I think the car looks goofy from certain angles with the wing retracted.
Old 11-16-16, 08:13 AM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Another question answered. Thanks. I'm an IS guy still trying to learn about the RCF to help me decide if I'm going to take the plunge on this car.
Old 11-16-16, 09:34 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
This. And you can disable the feature in the settings so it stays in the up/down position. I currently have mine locked in the up position. I think the car looks goofy from certain angles with the wing retracted.
I tried locking it in the up position by changing the settings but it caused my wing to go down I don't know if i did something else wrong haha
Old 11-16-16, 10:00 AM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Where do you find this?
Old 11-16-16, 10:21 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RYLITT
Where do you find this?
Settings via Buttons on your Steering Wheel. Then, go to Active Rear Wing or Rear Wing. Raise up or Lower down wing whatever you prefer before you lock it by choosing Off.
Old 11-17-16, 08:17 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by paulwall4
I tried locking it in the up position by changing the settings but it caused my wing to go down I don't know if i did something else wrong haha
My guess is you did it wrong. I have used this feature twice now since getting the car and no issues at all. Currently, I leave it locked in the up position.
Old 11-17-16, 10:40 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

My guess is you did it wrong. I have used this feature twice now since getting the car and no issues at all. Currently, I leave it locked in the up position.
yea i guess i did do it wrong the first time
tried it yesterday and it worked
Old 11-17-16, 03:02 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I like it up, but I also like letting people see it go up and down. So I leave it in auto mode.

I sometimes get agitated when the person in front of me is going ~48 mph and I need to hit 52 mph to make it go up.

As for letting it down, it hangs on me. If I raise it manually when stopped then it doesn't go back down for me until I take the car over 52 mph or I restart it. This may be a reflash issue... but it really doesn't bother me.
Old 03-04-19, 10:46 AM
adidascan
Driver School Candidate

Question

How do you get it into auto mode?

Originally Posted by Davew77
I like it up, but I also like letting people see it go up and down. So I leave it in auto mode.

I sometimes get agitated when the person in front of me is going ~48 mph and I need to hit 52 mph to make it go up.

As for letting it down, it hangs on me. If I raise it manually when stopped then it doesn't go back down for me until I take the car over 52 mph or I restart it. This may be a reflash issue... but it really doesn't bother me.
Old 03-04-19, 10:51 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by adidascan
How do you get it into auto mode?
It's the stock setting LOL

Settings -> Rear Wing Initialization -> On or Off

If your wing is up and you turn it off, it stays in the off position and vice versa. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it goes up at 52mph iirc for all modes except Eco which is 82mph.
Old 03-04-19, 11:12 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

agreed. I think the ones with it all the time in the up position with the risers looks good as well. I've also run it locked "up" but I do worry something will get under it and interfere when I go to let it down. Not sure what it would do with a small stick or something. I assume like a garage door it would reverse but you know what they say about assumptions....
Old 03-04-19, 02:38 PM
adidascan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
It's the stock setting LOL

Settings -> Rear Wing Initialization -> On or Off

If your wing is up and you turn it off, it stays in the off position and vice versa. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it goes up at 52mph iirc for all modes except Eco which is 82mph.
Sorry, I'm a total noob since I've only owned it for less than 2 months.
That being said, so if I have the setting selection set to "on" and the spoiler activation button is activated (green light) is should auto deploy and auto retract then, correct?
Old 03-04-19, 03:44 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by adidascan
Sorry, I'm a total noob since I've only owned it for less than 2 months.
That being said, so if I have the setting selection set to "on" and the spoiler activation button is activated (green light) is should auto deploy and auto retract then, correct?
Yes, if you have it set to auto, it'll auto lift at about 52mph+ and remain lifted until you slow down to 35mph- and then it'll retract down; however if you're in ECO mode it will not auto deploy unless you hit 75 or 80mph then it'll go up (probably for safety reasons, I was curious and watched it go up while in ECO mode around 80mph).

Quick Reply: Rear wing manual switch