RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Performance pkg.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-16, 05:38 AM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance pkg.

Does anyone know if the perf. pkg. also included a carbon fiber hood in markets other than North America? I seem to recall reading that somewhere on this site, but now I can't find it. The car I'm looking at has the perf. pkg. It was the dealership owners car and he told me he also has a CF hood for the car (not installed) that he was able to special order. When I inquired about this, the sales mgr. said they were tying to get 15K for it (just the hood), that it wasn't just specially ordered, but specially MADE, and that he couldn't include it with the car because of it's cost. When I spoke with the owner, it sounded like the hood was available, just not in North America. I can't believe Lexus would invest in tooling, etc. just to produce ONE CF hood. Does this sound feasible?
Old 11-15-16, 07:52 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I believe it's called the carbon package
Old 11-15-16, 12:26 PM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
I believe it's called the carbon package
The Performance Package includes: Carbon fiber roof, Carbon rear wing, Torque vectoring rear dif. Cost: $5500 but must be ordered with the Premium Package (another $4400). This is according to Lexus (2015 model), so I think they know what their option packages are called.
Old 11-15-16, 12:40 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

The only carbon fiber hoods for the RC F are aftermarket, and they aren't cheap since there is a very limited market for them.
Old 11-15-16, 01:35 PM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Davew77
The only carbon fiber hoods for the RC F are aftermarket, and they aren't cheap since there is a very limited market for them.
Thanks for the info. I couldn't understand the logic behind only being on non-North American cars, if it was true. I guess the owner has serious pull with Lexus to get this piece specially made. I was told it's an exact duplicate of the stock hood and it came directly from Lexus. I was trying to have it included with the car, but no way that's happening.
Old 11-15-16, 01:40 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

My bad. I missed the first part of your post... So I went on the hunt for you.

It seems that you can get a carbon fiber hood from Lexus, just not in North America.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...d-for-rcf.html
Old 11-15-16, 01:59 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Originally Posted by knifeman
The Performance Package includes: Carbon fiber roof, Carbon rear wing, Torque vectoring rear dif. Cost: $5500 but must be ordered with the Premium Package (another $4400). This is according to Lexus (2015 model), so I think they know what their option packages are called.
Hard to tell on the internet if you're being a **** or not. Anyway, it is called the carbon package and it is not (yet) available in the US. It adds the hood, among other CF pieces
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-package.html
Old 11-15-16, 02:01 PM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Davew77
My bad. I missed the first part of your post... So I went on the hunt for you.

It seems that you can get a carbon fiber hood from Lexus, just not in North America.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...d-for-rcf.html
Thanks. I see your reference to the carbon pkg. Seems my sales mgr. is blowing a bit of smoke. Does anyone know what "extremely expensive" is from this vendor? As I said in my original post, they're trying to sell it separate from the car for $15K. Might be believable if it was, in fact, a one-off custom made part. But after seeing this link, that's not the case. I don't know why car sales people try to BS customers although maybe he really isn't aware that these hoods are out there. These forums are priceless when trying to buy a car.
Old 11-15-16, 02:07 PM
knifeman
Driver School Candidate

Hard to tell on the internet if you're being a **** or not. Anyway, it is called the carbon package and it is not (yet) available in the US. It adds the hood, among other CF pieces
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-package.html
Not trying to be an a*** at all. I took that info right off the option sheet of the car I'm looking at. It's called "Performance Package". No reference anywhere of a carbon package.
Old 11-15-16, 02:11 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Not trying to be an a*** at all. I took that info right off the option sheet of the car I'm looking at. It's called "Performance Package". No reference anywhere of a carbon package.
Because maybe it wasn't available in 2015, like adjustable dampers aren't available in 2016, but is an option for 2017. Lexus, like many other car manufacturers, offer new items from one year model to the next. Someone on this board has already taken delivery of a Carbon Package RCF and posted pics. Its not available in the US, so it wouldn't be on a US option sheet. The hood is OEM.
Old 11-15-16, 02:17 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know if the perf. pkg. also included a carbon fiber hood in markets other than North America? I seem to recall reading that somewhere on this site, but now I can't find it. The car I'm looking at has the perf. pkg. It was the dealership owners car and he told me he also has a CF hood for the car (not installed) that he was able to special order. When I inquired about this, the sales mgr. said they were tying to get 15K for it (just the hood), that it wasn't just specially ordered, but specially MADE, and that he couldn't include it with the car because of it's cost. When I spoke with the owner, it sounded like the hood was available, just not in North America. I can't believe Lexus would invest in tooling, etc. just to produce ONE CF hood. Does this sound feasible?
We here on GUAM, have the carbon fiber hood as an option!
Old 11-15-16, 02:26 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

A little off topic, but do you guys in Guam still not get NAV as an option on any car?
Old 11-15-16, 03:22 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A little off topic, but do you guys in Guam still not get NAV as an option on any car?
We do! All models have them.
Although lexus enform does not work out here...
Old 11-16-16, 12:31 AM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

The hood is extremely hard to get and $$$. Available in Europe and Asia as part of the Carbon Package.
Old 11-16-16, 05:08 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by skipetenj

The hood is extremely hard to get and $$$. Available in Europe and Asia as part of the Carbon Package.
Damn! That looks nice on Red/CF RCF... Is that yours?

Quick Reply: Performance pkg.