RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Suspension Mods: Other than Coilovers/Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-16, 11:24 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Suspension Mods: Other than Coilovers/Springs

JIC USA is helping me tune my suspension and handling while keeping tread-wear minimal. He asked me if there are other adjustability mods for our car regarding camber, toe, etc. I showed him RRRacing's Rear Camber Arms and it's good for adjusting rear since my right rear has some higher negative camber compared to the other wheels. He tried to align them as much as possible but we don't really have anything adjustable from factory compared to porsche that you can adjust in different ways from factory. Can you help point out where else I can get those known/unknown parts mentioned below?

RRRacing Rear Arms:

Question: Is there anything for the front? Does ISF have any for the front? He told me it might be the same.

Question: What do you call the parts circled in Red(Some Rod) and Yellow(Some kind of spacer you put in there)? He told me to get those too. He's from Japan and knows a lot about suspension. But sometimes I can't understand some of the pronunciations since it's mixed with Japanese accent. He's a nice guy though that can be cocky at times. lol!

Old 11-13-16, 01:29 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

thats a tie rod in red and lower ball joint circled in yellow.

a-arms should not be the same as the ISF.
Old 11-13-16, 02:30 AM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Not sure if they are out there for the RC F yet, but a bump steer kit will help with the toe geomtery.
Old 11-13-16, 05:08 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Ba2sy, here's a few pics from my build page utilizing suspension bits from Figs

http://shopfigs.com/v3/index.php?rou...product_id=282

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-tsm-uilt.html
Old 11-13-16, 11:35 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thats a tie rod in red and lower ball joint circled in yellow. a-arms should not be the same as the ISF.
Thanks! I had a feeling it was a tie rod but it was hard to understand with authentic Japanese accent. For the ISF, is it the picture below but still not for the RCF, right?

Originally Posted by Phinatic
Not sure if they are out there for the RC F yet, but a bump steer kit will help with the toe geomtery.
Yup! He said that Bump Steer also but hard to understand that I can't spell it out. lol! He told me it would help by putting that in the circled yellow location.

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Ba2sy, here's a few pics from my build page utilizing suspension bits from Figs
http://shopfigs.com/v3/index.php?rou...product_id=282
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-tsm-uilt.html
Thanks! for the share once again. I saw this before but I had no idea until I met up with my suspension guy educating me. They're both for rear right? For #2 Link, is it 1 Shaft that is adjustable? Or is it fixed, either you put the Shorter or Longer Shaft Link?
Old 11-13-16, 08:34 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Lightbulb FIGS Suspension

Carnevino is spot on!

BUY THIS KIT!!!!

FIGS Essential Kit for lowering

To address your concerns for your front and rear camber issues! This kit will give you -1.5 to +1.5 degree camber play. Plus, if you require more camber correction than you'll need a "TOE LINK" to increase/decrease "CASTER" which will allow for more "Camber" adjustment.

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails Suspension Mods: Other than Coilovers/Springs-img_1866.jpg   Suspension Mods: Other than Coilovers/Springs-img_1872.jpg  

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 11-13-16 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added Pictures for Reference