RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

another win for the rcf

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-16, 03:50 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default another win for the rcf

Did a 20mph roll on a private road with a 2012 c6 corvette grand sport to about 80 and pulled about 1.5 car length. Talked to the owner and the old man's shock was priceless haha
Sports car owners really underestimate a Lexus badge

Btw all done on the road in Mexico
Old 11-10-16, 06:14 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Did a 20mph roll on a private road with a 2012 c6 corvette grand sport to about 80 and pulled about 1.5 car length. Talked to the owner and the old man's shock was priceless haha
Sports car owners really underestimate a Lexus badge

Btw all done on the road in Mexico
Gratz on the kill! I haven't had the pleasure of killing a Vette yet. But I've made a lot of believers out of the country boys here in NC where I am. There's over 600 employees at this facility and most of them know me as "the guy who drives the Lexus", Like it's the only Lexus on the lot. But it is the only RC F on the lot. I've seen the executives eyeballing it.
Old 11-10-16, 08:30 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Davew77
Gratz on the kill! I haven't had the pleasure of killing a Vette yet. But I've made a lot of believers out of the country boys here in NC where I am. There's over 600 employees at this facility and most of them know me as "the guy who drives the Lexus", Like it's the only Lexus on the lot. But it is the only RC F on the lot. I've seen the executives eyeballing it.
The RcF is definately eye catching on the outside. But wait til they see the inside and the seats. My friend with a Ferrari wanted to trade seats

i think that's the second vette I pulled on. I want to run a zo6 and see how the RCF does
Old 11-11-16, 07:14 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Yeah, people do underestimate and get surprised One of the exec's at my work who owns a heavily modded Ferrari complemented my ride with a big grin on his face. And another friend who goes through cars like crazy and owns a black C7.R said, "I see your car and it just screams out, "I am one sexy B#@$@!""...haha. There are faster/nicer cars out there but I love the uniqueness/rareness of my RC F since there aren't many in my local area.
Old 11-11-16, 08:41 AM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the win, but don't get overly excited and try to race another vette cause the next driver may know how to drive. The truth is that a bone stock c6 weighs 3330lbs has 430hp and when shifted correctly will run a 12.3 @ 117mph

Last edited by SmurFPwr; 11-11-16 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-11-16, 01:16 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I want to run a zo6 and see how the RCF does
Just be prepared to lose badly and you'll not leave upset. The Z06 is a beast. I was considering one when I got my RC F. Driven properly it will beat a Hellcat in a 1/4 mile and it'll beat a Viper on a road course (assuming all cars are stock). The only way you would win is if they were the worst driver in the world.

But if you do win make sure it's on video. Because nobody is going to believe it.
Old 11-11-16, 03:36 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Davew77
Just be prepared to lose badly and you'll not leave upset. The Z06 is a beast. I was considering one when I got my RC F. Driven properly it will beat a Hellcat in a 1/4 mile and it'll beat a Viper on a road course (assuming all cars are stock). The only way you would win is if they were the worst driver in the world.

But if you do win make sure it's on video. Because nobody is going to believe it.
I know the RCF has nothing on the zo6, just want to see how it does on a roll
Old 11-11-16, 03:39 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
Congrats on the win, but don't get overly excited and try to race another vette cause the next driver may know how to drive. The truth is that a bone stock c6 weighs 3330lbs has 430hp and when shifted correctly will run a 12.3 @ 117mph
they also claimed the rcf can do 12.4 on the quarter but no one can achieve it.

There are so many factors come into play running on the street. Plus no one expects a Lexus as a competitor until they lost the race
Old 11-11-16, 07:12 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

I think I've only seen 12.7 @ 112 advertised for the RCF. But yes you're correct there are many factors. Unless something has changed, the fastest ET time on a bone stock RCF is 12.58 @ 113
Old 11-11-16, 10:38 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the RCF has nothing on the zo6, just want to see how it does on a roll
Yeah umm, probably not a good idea to fool around with that z06 especially from a roll thats where the z06 is at its best you stand a better chance of getting in front of it from a dig only if you are a better driver because it takes a true professional to properly launch that thing again you won't be in front of him for long even if you are the best driver in the world . The RCF is fast and a lot of fun and will give a regular c6 a run for its money especially on the expressway because I might have done it a couple of times with my friends "allegedly" especially from about an 80mph roll then thats his azz. But a z06 is a completely different animal. It won't be a fun race and actually nothing to really see LOL, that thing will tear the paint off your car as it goes by, if you don't run in the 11's it will leave you instantly. My cousin has one and he has destroyed everything in my garage LOL.
I get what you saying though I wanted to see myself thats how I found out LOL. hey have fun! thats what it is all about
Old 11-12-16, 01:35 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

i got killed by a CTS-V coupe right when i got my car from a 20mph roll to 110mph and there was no coming back for me LOL
Old 11-12-16, 02:47 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
I also ran a C6 Grand Sport and I posted in another thread. He had a passenger and I was by myself. My only mod was exhaust. If was a pretty even race, with whoever getting the jump staying ahead. With his mods and a stock GS, I can see him pulling. That Grand Sport time you listed is the best recorded.

https://www.0-60specs.com/chevrolet-...te-0-60-times/