RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Price paid for RC-F

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 10:17 AM
scootabill
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BLexodus
Scootabill, do you mind sharing the name of the AZ dealer you got the great deal at?

Thanks
BLexodus, replied to your PM. Let me know if you want any more info. Thx
Old 01-05-17, 09:03 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

In case it helps anyone else... here is my story...

I've been looking hard since july, and finally got aggressive in December when 2 vehicles with all my wish list became available... Though i called on 4-5 others for price comparison and (hoping) bargaining power... but basically no one was budging on price.

I found that for cars with Radar Cruise control and Mark Livingston audio you pretty much had to go all in and get the Performance Package too... Especially if you do not want red interior (not my cup of tea at all). So that narrowed my dream car too MSRPs of ~$79k... uggg, worked hard for for wife approval of another budget jump ;-)

With that in mind I couldn't get anyone to budge much on their initial prices, unless you just waited for them to realize it needed a price drop (2 weeks later several dropped like a rock), mine included . . . they had just dropped it $3k when I called them back on the car again to deal for real.

I finally picked up my perfect car for $55.5k + $790 (exorbitant Florida dealer fee; but annoyingly common in that state) + TTL. Though I did get them to come off their asking price $500 and threw in all weather mats... They tried to sneak in another $250 doc fee, in the final paperwork, but since i already had them send me a sheet without that fee, I stuck to my guns and escalated to the manager who did quickly honor the sheet they gave me. And my Texas fees are much lower than Florida, so the overall price in the end was within ~$10 of the approved budget (nailed it!)

And since it was CPO, I chalked up the dealer fee to being my price for CPO. Because, otherwise I found the price to very competitive and on par with many non-CPO cars closer to me. And as I mentioned, they had just dropped the price to be competitive.

The other car i tried to work a deal on is still available, but the dealer just didn't want to sell a car i guess...because I kept getting no returned calls, and no real competitive offers.

For anyone interested, "Lexus of Kendall" (Florida too, watch those fees) and "Lexus of West Kendall" (sister store) both have brand new leftover 2015 inventory there to sell (some silver ones also)... They have another nebula gray pearl with white interior and TVD (fully loaded) RC-F that has nearly zero miles and has been in their inventory for 17 months!

But they wouldn't offer me less than $62k... out the door that would have been ~$70k (crazy). When i made an offer i got no returned calls... Finally gave up and decided I'd rather have CPO 5+ years of unlimited miles warranty.

If anyone is interested in that car, PM me and I'll send you the car fax on it...I wasted that one thinking they certainly wanted to sell that car by now!

Anyhow, I'm really happy with my CPO deal under budget, and hope this might help someone else.
Old 01-06-17, 05:39 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by raerae1616
In case it helps anyone else... here is my story...

I've been looking hard since july, and finally got aggressive in December when 2 vehicles with all my wish list became available... Though i called on 4-5 others for price comparison and (hoping) bargaining power... but basically no one was budging on price.

I found that for cars with Radar Cruise control and Mark Livingston audio you pretty much had to go all in and get the Performance Package too... Especially if you do not want red interior (not my cup of tea at all). So that narrowed my dream car too MSRPs of ~$79k... uggg, worked hard for for wife approval of another budget jump ;-)

With that in mind I couldn't get anyone to budge much on their initial prices, unless you just waited for them to realize it needed a price drop (2 weeks later several dropped like a rock), mine included . . . they had just dropped it $3k when I called them back on the car again to deal for real.

I finally picked up my perfect car for $55.5k + $790 (exorbitant Florida dealer fee; but annoyingly common in that state) + TTL. Though I did get them to come off their asking price $500 and threw in all weather mats... They tried to sneak in another $250 doc fee, in the final paperwork, but since i already had them send me a sheet without that fee, I stuck to my guns and escalated to the manager who did quickly honor the sheet they gave me. And my Texas fees are much lower than Florida, so the overall price in the end was within ~$10 of the approved budget (nailed it!)

And since it was CPO, I chalked up the dealer fee to being my price for CPO. Because, otherwise I found the price to very competitive and on par with many non-CPO cars closer to me. And as I mentioned, they had just dropped the price to be competitive.

The other car i tried to work a deal on is still available, but the dealer just didn't want to sell a car i guess...because I kept getting no returned calls, and no real competitive offers.

For anyone interested, "Lexus of Kendall" (Florida too, watch those fees) and "Lexus of West Kendall" (sister store) both have brand new leftover 2015 inventory there to sell (some silver ones also)... They have another nebula gray pearl with white interior and TVD (fully loaded) RC-F that has nearly zero miles and has been in their inventory for 17 months!

But they wouldn't offer me less than $62k... out the door that would have been ~$70k (crazy). When i made an offer i got no returned calls... Finally gave up and decided I'd rather have CPO 5+ years of unlimited miles warranty.

If anyone is interested in that car, PM me and I'll send you the car fax on it...I wasted that one thinking they certainly wanted to sell that car by now!

Anyhow, I'm really happy with my CPO deal under budget, and hope this might help someone else.
thats crazy they are still holding three new 2015 RCF. Can only imagine the flat spots in the tires, possible paint damage and heat beating on the interior.
Considering used 15' fully loaded are going for mid to high 50s, that's probably why they wouldn't sell it less than low 60s