Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Which headers to go with...

Trying to decide...

1) Sikky Headers

2) PPE Headers w/ ECU tune

3) Wait for RRRacing/PPE SC optimized headers

Both are fairly close to me. I know Sikky does free installation. Not sure if best to wait for new PPE/RRRacing for their SC kit if that is the route that I will eventually be going...just need to know if that will pass emissions. Trying to get opinions/thoughts on this. Thanks.

Old 09-16-16, 12:40 PM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

PPE with the tune - headers will be good for the SC the way it looks. I am running Joe Z/PTS exhaust with the PPE - sound is great - listen to clip

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvah7lEfr7A

NJ emissions is via OBD which is corrected with tune and no CEL

Last edited by skipetenj; 09-16-16 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-16-16, 12:59 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I just went with PPE myself and couldnt be happier. I will say that the header install is fairly easy, yet time consuming. The hardest part was more the "bending" or re-configuring of the dip stick.

Pete - I cant wait to her your car with the Joe-Z/PPE combo! I hope to see you on the 23rd next month!

As for me, I am running the borla exhaust and with the PPE (ceramic coated) headers.....lets just say its loud. Sport + is a whole new ball game at WOT. I tend to drive more in "normal" mode due to sound and the police in my area. Thus far, its a pretty substantial seat of the pants feel. I want to get a tune, since the CEL is driving me nuts. That action is in the works, as I am working with RR on timing.

In my mind, PPE has always been more of a well crafted piece and made from better build material ( welds etc ). Search the forums on sikky, and you will find issues with rattling and fitment. Most PPE issues stem from the 02 extensions touching the headers and melting ( which is an easy fix and happens). i personally roll with the recommendations from RR-Racing. Rafi is keen to testing all his products and putting them to use on the track where the cars stress the most. Thus, when track tested, things will be more than ok on the street.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your search.

When I have time this weekend, I will post my build photos of the header install.

~JB
Old 09-16-16, 01:23 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Thanks for the input.

So if PPE is better, I shouldn't wait for the new improved/optimized headers to go with for more power if I plan to go the route of the supercharger? Also, does anyone know if the supercharger kit will pass emissions? That is a key factor in getting it. If it is off-road/track use only and won't pass, then I will just stick with headers and tune.
Old 09-16-16, 01:39 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm waiting to see what gains come from the new headers if any and the 3" exhaust from PPE / RR as well.
Old 09-16-16, 04:45 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by skipetenj
PPE with the tune - headers will be good for the SC the way it looks. I am running Joe Z/PTS exhaust with the PPE - sound is great - listen to clip

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvah7lEfr7A

NJ emissions is via OBD which is corrected with tune and no CEL
I tried watching this & it says page is not found?
Old 09-16-16, 05:07 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I tried watching this & it says page is not found?
Old 09-16-16, 07:33 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm going with SIKKY. I believe the gains are much higher than those from PPE, as well as no CEL codes are thrown. Don't the PPE's throw a check engine light every so often? Free installation doesn't hurt either.
Old 09-16-16, 08:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Thanks Buddy, i didn't realize this was the same one (i've seen this one before). Definitely sounds good i guess depending on what you're wanting (like everything else it's a personal preference). I don't do any track time & i don't think i'll ever make my RCF sound like a hot rod, it sounds good just Not on MY RCF (but then again i feel the same way about my 911 & Viper) Years ago i had a Vega with a 350 & 2-4's on it & THAT is the Sound i had on it!
Old 09-17-16, 01:53 AM
skipetenj
Driver

CEL codes are thrown when the cats are deleted no matter which headers you use. Both have offsets for the O2 sensors to eliminate this problem. RR Racing tune eliminates the need for this. To many variables when comparing Dyno #'s. My belief is the true test is SAME DYNO - SAME CAR but really who and why would anybody do this.
Old 09-17-16, 01:54 AM
skipetenj
Driver

Originally Posted by JB5674
I just went with PPE myself and couldnt be happier. I will say that the header install is fairly easy, yet time consuming. The hardest part was more the "bending" or re-configuring of the dip stick.

Pete - I cant wait to her your car with the Joe-Z/PPE combo! I hope to see you on the 23rd next month!

As for me, I am running the borla exhaust and with the PPE (ceramic coated) headers.....lets just say its loud. Sport + is a whole new ball game at WOT. I tend to drive more in "normal" mode due to sound and the police in my area. Thus far, its a pretty substantial seat of the pants feel. I want to get a tune, since the CEL is driving me nuts. That action is in the works, as I am working with RR on timing.

In my mind, PPE has always been more of a well crafted piece and made from better build material ( welds etc ). Search the forums on sikky, and you will find issues with rattling and fitment. Most PPE issues stem from the 02 extensions touching the headers and melting ( which is an easy fix and happens). i personally roll with the recommendations from RR-Racing. Rafi is keen to testing all his products and putting them to use on the track where the cars stress the most. Thus, when track tested, things will be more than ok on the street.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your search.

When I have time this weekend, I will post my build photos of the header install.

~JB
I will be there!
Old 09-17-16, 09:05 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

ppe sent a pre bent OEM Dip stick because my installer jacked mine up. For free. Their customer service is SUPERB
Old 09-17-16, 11:07 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

PPE is a great company. They make an amazing header system with top notch quality.

If you are interested shoot me a PM, we have some great deals on their products.
1-855-998-8726
Old 09-18-16, 05:04 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

So any of you guys utilizing PPE have codes or issues with the conditioners.. I am looking to get but don't need pain of CEL.. I had sikky on ISF without a CEL before but would like equal length.
Old 09-18-16, 07:28 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

RR RACING has a $400 tune that will net you a few extra Hp but takes care of deleting your cats which is what causes the CEL light

Quick Reply: Which headers to go with...