RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Track wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-16, 12:36 PM
RCFGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track wheels

Anybody bought track wheels yet? Looking for some decent wheels in the $300-400/ea range to use for track-only. Do IS-F wheels fit?

Related question - has anybody test-fit 18" wheels yet? I'm assuming they probably won't fit or would be really close due to the front brakes... has anybody tried it?

Thank you
Old 09-13-16, 01:55 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFGuy
Anybody bought track wheels yet? Looking for some decent wheels in the $300-400/ea range to use for track-only. Do IS-F wheels fit?

Related question - has anybody test-fit 18" wheels yet? I'm assuming they probably won't fit or would be really close due to the front brakes... has anybody tried it?

Thank you
I haven't test fit any. But I know that the Avant Garde rims I have been inquiring about also come in 18" for the RC F. So I take that to mean that an 18" rim can fit on the RC F.

But I wouldn't bet the farm on it based on that alone until I actually seen them fit. I'm going 19". I just thought I would mention what I read.
Old 09-13-16, 02:26 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

If RCF; wheels fit the ISF and would guess vice versa. However, I would guess that the more conservative offset of the ISF rear wheel would look kinda funny on an RCF.

Lou
Old 09-13-16, 04:09 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

I am currently browsing the Rays website (for my own reasons) and I am seeing a lot of 18" Volk rims that clearly list the RC F as a vehicle they will fit on. But 18" appears to be the minimum. None of them in the 17" size list the RC F as a vehicle they will fit on. If they are being sold by Rays then I would say they will certainly fit.

Edit: But keep in mind that every rim is different. Just because some 18" rims can fit doesn't mean that all 18" rims will fit.

Last edited by Davew77; 09-13-16 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-13-16, 04:37 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

https://www.apexraceparts.com/wheels.html
Old 09-13-16, 04:50 PM
RCFGuy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Brilliant, I had no idea they made other than BMW wheels. I had 2 sets of these for my previous BMW. Thank you sir.
Old 09-13-16, 04:56 PM
vividracing
Former Sponsor

Im sure that Volks will fit, but your $300-400 price range just flew out the window. For that price, in 18" i would probably suggest a Forgestar. They are monoblock constructed, with a rotary forged barrel, so they will be light and strong for the track. Another big plus is that that can be custom made for the car, so you know you get the offsets correct and have the best fitment. with a retail price under $400 a wheel, i think it would be great. PM me if you would like more details.

-Ralph
Old 09-13-16, 10:02 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Speaking of tracking Forgestar wheels...

and a video for it

Old 09-13-16, 11:57 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

That is exactly why I am trying to thoroughly research my rims before I buy them. I don't want my rims cracking, or worse, and certainly not if I'm at like 200 mph when it happens. I may end up just going with Volks since they are tried and true. I like the TE37, I just don't like the finish choices I see on their website. If I could get them in chrome or worst case, silver, then I'd probably be sold.

I wouldn't cheap out on rims if you are going to race your car. If you are going cheap then just keep the stock rims. They are forged BBS rims and are certainly better than Forgestar. If it's the finish you don't like then take the $400 per wheel and get them refinished. It would actually be cheaper than $400 each, especially if you stripped them yourself first (if you have the means).

Last edited by Davew77; 09-14-16 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-14-16, 10:17 AM
vividracing
Former Sponsor

To be totally honest, i have seem the same thing happen to $8,000 racing wheels. Sometimes these things happen, but they are rare instances. I do know that in this case, Forgestar reached out to the customer and replaced all 4 wheels at no charge, and paid for damage done to the vehicle, which is definitely a positive.

With a budget of $1600 though, they are certainly better than a lot of other wheels that cost about the same.

Dave.. What size TE37 are you wanting to go with? They have a pressed graphite color that is offered in the TE37 that you might like. What do you think....?

Old 09-14-16, 10:53 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Volks FTW!! Everybody tracks Volks without any problems.

We have a customer running a 18' setup on his ISF DD and on the track.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-14-16, 01:57 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VividRacing
To be totally honest, i have seem the same thing happen to $8,000 racing wheels. Sometimes these things happen, but they are rare instances. I do know that in this case, Forgestar reached out to the customer and replaced all 4 wheels at no charge, and paid for damage done to the vehicle, which is definitely a positive.

With a budget of $1600 though, they are certainly better than a lot of other wheels that cost about the same.

Dave.. What size TE37 are you wanting to go with? They have a pressed graphite color that is offered in the TE37 that you might like. What do you think....?
I would probably have to see them in person, or on a black car to see what they are really going to look like. I'm wanting the 19". I'd like to try and keep the same tire diameter/sidewall as stock. I feel that Lexus engineered the perfect balance in that respect so I don't want to stray from it. I only plan to go a little wider (295 or 305) so I'll want 10"-10.5" width rear rims. I'm guessing the picture was of the TE37 SL? I seen them on the website last night.

I'm content with the front tire width, but would go wider before I would go narrower if I had to compromise. I'll be doing some drag racing with my RC F, but that's not my main purpose.

Yes, anything from anyone can fail. Just like it's possible to get a lemon from Lexus. But the chance of a failure with a Lexus is much less. That same can be said of Volks. The more I think about it the more I'm thinking of getting the Volks. They are cheaper than the AG and I have more faith in them. If I were keeping my car stock and was going to pamper it like a show car then I wouldn't be as worried.
Old 09-14-16, 02:03 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

How about enkeis?
Old 09-14-16, 02:08 PM
RCFGuy
Driver School Candidate

If the 18x9.5 Enkei NT03 ET40 will clear the front brakes, it seems like it should fit the front and the 18x10.5 ET30 should be fine in the back. Both of them extend about 17mm more outwards than the stock rims.

My guess would be you could run 275/305's with that setup.

You'd need some 60.1 to 72.6mm hubcentric rings with those, but that is a common size. get the aluminum ones.
Old 09-14-16, 05:45 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VividRacing

I love the Forgestar wheels. I used to run them on my Audi A5...best bang of the bucks. Quality is fine but I'm just saying they might not be built to take so much stress on the track.

Quick Reply: Track wheels