Cross Country in my RC-F!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-16, 06:18 AM
SpencerF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Country in my RC-F!

Hello all!

Last month I moved to New York from Seattle, and instead of shipping my car I took the opportunity to take my first cross country road trip! I took 90 most of the way, with the intention of detouring down to Indianapolis to participate in their Indycar Driving Experience. Unfortunately, this was during the large amounts of flooding down there, so I opted to go through Chicago last minute.

The car was fantastic! 8+ hour drives left me feeling relatively unfazed thanks to the seats, and the overall performance never got old. If any of you ever have the chance to drive all the way through Montana, do it. The roads are otherworldly.

3,500 miles later, the only thing the car needed was a good detail - it performed flawlessly the entire trip, and even with quite a few spirited detours, I averaged 25.4 MPG over the trip, driving in normal and sport+ modes.

We bought the right car! 15k miles in 8 months of ownership is enough to confirm that for me. They're not investments - and who really cares about the $3000 premium your "low milaege" car will get 4 years down the road

The night before leaving

Montanta

Devils Tower

Chicago

All clean and tucked away in her new home!
Old 09-13-16, 07:08 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Awesome! I am jealous! Would love to be able to do that.

I love driving my RC F and hate adding the extra mileage. I thought about actually grabbing a second one and leaving it stock (or at least trying to) as my daily driver. Just not practical...wish the GS F had AWD.
Old 09-13-16, 09:47 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow looked like an Awesome Trip, i had one of my buddies in the Viper Club that did something similar to this (he & his dad flew out & picked up the Viper & drove it back home, it was a 1,100 mile trip & he said he would do it all over again as it was a very special trip with just him & his dad). Congrats & Thanks for the Pics
Old 09-14-16, 01:18 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Very nice.

My wife, our kids, and I flew out to Big Sky MT last year (summer) and picked up a mid sized AWD SUV and drove around near the resort and also went to Yellowstone National Park.

The scenery is amazing. There were still snow at the mountain tops.

Originally Posted by SpencerF
Hello all!

Last month I moved to New York from Seattle, and instead of shipping my car I took the opportunity to take my first cross country road trip! I took 90 most of the way, with the intention of detouring down to Indianapolis to participate in their Indycar Driving Experience. Unfortunately, this was during the large amounts of flooding down there, so I opted to go through Chicago last minute.

The car was fantastic! 8+ hour drives left me feeling relatively unfazed thanks to the seats, and the overall performance never got old. If any of you ever have the chance to drive all the way through Montana, do it. The roads are otherworldly.

3,500 miles later, the only thing the car needed was a good detail - it performed flawlessly the entire trip, and even with quite a few spirited detours, I averaged 25.4 MPG over the trip, driving in normal and sport+ modes.

We bought the right car! 15k miles in 8 months of ownership is enough to confirm that for me. They're not investments - and who really cares about the $3000 premium your "low milaege" car will get 4 years down the road

The night before leaving

Montanta

Devils Tower

Chicago

All clean and tucked away in her new home!
Old 09-14-16, 10:52 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

That must've been fun! More pictures!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-17-16, 02:46 AM
RCtoy321
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you enjoy road trips and taking the roads less traveled I highly recommend doing a road rally. I do Rally North America and I've been able to see sights and drive incredible roads that I probably would never do otherwise.
Old 09-17-16, 05:51 AM
keithS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks great, the pictures are fantastic, and I'm sure that is a trip you will never forget. Makes me want to jump in the car and get out on the road. Excellent mileage for a car like this. Good job!
Old 09-17-16, 05:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice shots! Looks like a great trip.
Old 09-17-16, 05:56 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

That does look nice! I drive all over the country for work. But I 'm always in a hurry and I'm alone so I don't stop and see any sights. I drive straight through to my destination only stopping for gas and restroom breaks (usually when I get gas and food). I usually travel about 1100 miles in less than 15 hours. Yeah, do the math.

Sometime I'll have to take a road trip just for fun... A rally sounds fun too.
Old 09-18-16, 11:54 AM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Share your enthusiasm for the car and road trips. Went from Huntsville, AL to SLC, UT and back last year, about 4500 mi when all said and done. Love getting out on the open highway and various detours just to see new sights, etc. Went to KC earlier this year to catch the Black Sabbath This is the End tour, another nice trip, took a lot of back roads through Arkansas and into western MS. For me the RC F excels as a GT car, perfect for this kind of driving. I did a lot of the cruising in ECO mode, was impressed with the MPG as well. The seats and ergonomics are great. I have some lower back problems but still was able to do 500 -600 mi in a day with really no problems.