RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC vs LC

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-16, 06:42 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
The RC F doesn't frustrate me. Just the touchpad. My RX350 doesn't frustrate me. It uses the older style mushroom stick mouse thingy... I wish the RC F had it. Lexus took a step backwards in my opinion. They broke something that was working just fine.

It sounds like they all need new engineers then.

Edit: I was contacted about a job with TRD in Costa Mesa, CA last week. Lexus/Toyota/Scion racing division. Maybe I should have taken it?

I don't want to move to Cali though... I like FL. No emissions for one thing... I can go FI and don't have to worry about passing.
I lived in Florida for 5 years and am from California. Income taxes suck, but California is a much better place to live otherwise. A job in the racing division sounds pretty dope if you are a car guy . . . I would jump all over that if young and have talent.
Old 09-18-16, 01:41 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
I lived in Florida for 5 years and am from California. Income taxes suck, but California is a much better place to live otherwise. A job in the racing division sounds pretty dope if you are a car guy . . . I would jump all over that if young and have talent.
I lived in San Diego for a year. I've lived in Florida for almost 12 years. I could list all of the reasons why I prefer Florida, but it's kind of irrelevant. With the job I have I can choose to live anywhere since when I am working I am not at home anyway. I've been looking into some property in Key West. Since I don't have to worry about finding a job there, it's very doable. I just don't know if I'll like the limited roadways for my fun time. I'll probably stay where I am.

The job with TRD did sound pretty nice. But It would also be a cut in pay since it was for a direct position (I contract my services for a much higher premium). Most of my work and experience is in the aerospace and defense sectors. (Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Blue Origin, Northrop Grumman, etc...) But I have done some work in the automotive industry. I'm still trying to land a gig with SpaceX. That's a company I might consider going direct for...
Old 09-18-16, 09:02 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
I lived in San Diego for a year. I've lived in Florida for almost 12 years. I could list all of the reasons why I prefer Florida, but it's kind of irrelevant. With the job I have I can choose to live anywhere since when I am working I am not at home anyway. I've been looking into some property in Key West. Since I don't have to worry about finding a job there, it's very doable. I just don't know if I'll like the limited roadways for my fun time. I'll probably stay where I am.

The job with TRD did sound pretty nice. But It would also be a cut in pay since it was for a direct position (I contract my services for a much higher premium). Most of my work and experience is in the aerospace and defense sectors. (Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Blue Origin, Northrop Grumman, etc...) But I have done some work in the automotive industry. I'm still trying to land a gig with SpaceX. That's a company I might consider going direct for...
Are you in Cocoa Beach area. I surf with some guys down that worked at CC, SpaceX and same defense contractors. I still have a condo in La Jolla. Love San Diego, but I am also an avid surfer. Surfing blows in Florida except for the occasional hurricane or tropical storm. Sounds great man. Screw TRD and just buy a spec racer or do a Barber series, learn to drive and work you way up if money is not the issue. 180 at Daytonna is much better and demands more skill then hitting the limiter on public streets.
Old 06-10-17, 10:45 PM
GaryChang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC500 needs custom luggage....

Originally Posted by LXSDO
RCF = Poor man's LC 500.
I wouldn't say that.... The RCF's trunk is HUGE when compared to the LC 500. Forget about picking up your friend to go play golf in the LC500. Disappointing....
Old 06-11-17, 10:39 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryChang
I wouldn't say that.... The RCF's trunk is HUGE when compared to the LC 500. Forget about picking up your friend to go play golf in the LC500. Disappointing....
My friends have their own cars. Non-issue.
Old 06-12-17, 12:18 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
My friends have their own cars. Non-issue.
\

Actually, you can't even get 1 set of clubs in the LC500. Deal breaker!
Old 06-12-17, 04:58 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
\

Actually, you can't even get 1 set of clubs in the LC500. Deal breaker!
So just to set the record, and you, straight (full set, driver, 3 woods, etc). Oh, and you can change the radio while moving.

So I'm looking forward to your LC purchase, now that there are no more "deal breakers" in your way. LOL.

The following users liked this post:
Lexura1414 (06-14-17)
Old 06-12-17, 11:24 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

And I was wondering why would Lexus design and then actually manufacture a nice coup sports car and can't get a full set of golf clubs in the trunk. Thanks for the clearification. 👍👍👍

So just to set the record, and you, straight (full set, driver, 3 woods, etc). Oh, and you can change the radio while moving.

So I'm looking forward to your LC purchase, now that there are no more "deal breakers" in your way. LOL.

Old 06-14-17, 06:39 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I stand corrected! I gave it the eyeball test but obviously need glasses.
Old 06-14-17, 07:09 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

RC platform is derived from the GS front and IS rear...LC is based on the new LS sedan
Old 06-14-17, 08:44 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by mcomer
RC platform is derived from the GS front and IS rear...LC is based on the new LS sedan
LC is not based on LS. Both the LC and LS use the GA-L platform.