Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

It maybe worth while to hold out - rumor LC F in model year 2019 - 600+ HP
Old 09-16-16, 01:09 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by skipetenj
If you always try to hold out for the next best thing, you are going to be holding out forever. I live for today, not wait and hope for what tomorrow may bring.

BTW. If the RR Racing supercharger test in October goes as planned, the current RC F = 600+ bhp with their stage 1 supercharger kit. Still cheaper than LC 500 too.
Old 09-16-16, 03:01 PM
alexv93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
thats why so many Rcf sat on the dealer lot. Picked mine up for 59 new before ttl.
Same goes for the gsf. No one wants to buy one for 90k. Mid 70s it will sell.
i project the LC will collect dust also. Buyer will come in around mid 70s
rcfs tend to depreciate more than its competitors like m4 for some reason
Old 09-16-16, 04:39 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by alexv93
rcfs tend to depreciate more than its competitors like m4 for some reason
that might be the case now, but only time will tell. Let's see how both cars hold up around 4 years and then check depreciation.
Old 09-16-16, 04:40 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by skipetenj
By then 600hp will probably be Standard on ALL cars!
Old 09-17-16, 12:03 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

I might have considered a LC when I seen a used one for a good price. Until I seen this:

Lexus is still using that touchpad... and now it appears that they put it behind the cup holder (and it appears to be a single cup holder. where does the passenger put theirs?). So now if you have a drink in the holder it's going to make it even more difficult to use that awkward touchpad. If there's even a cup holder there... If not, then where is it? I like keeping my drink in the same place I put it in my RC F.

I don't know. But cup holder or not... I don't want the touchpad.
Old 09-17-16, 01:44 AM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

The LC and RC should not be compared - RC F is not the top of the line for luxury coupe in the Lexus line up, where the LC will be. The LC is not carrying the F badge - the 2019 model line will supposedly introduce LC F. The LC is for the former SC model customer.

It is not really a question of holding out for a F model LC, I will continue to upgrade my RC F and enjoy it until the LC line up unfolds.
Old 09-17-16, 06:43 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol, when cup holders and touch pads are the big focus of sports cars. Early on, some Lexus folks were trying to persuade me to be one of the early purchasers of the LC-LF (not sure if named changed since then). I was told the projected price would be comparable to the Porsche turbo for what its worth. I was also told it would be available in late 2017 so perhaps the early info I received was incorrect.

BTW, the passenger cup holder appears to be in a BMW-esque location. I think I see it in the above photo. That said, some of the very best cars I have ever owned and driven did not have cup holders.
Old 09-17-16, 11:30 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, when cup holders and touch pads are the big focus of sports cars.
"Luxury" sports cars. Without the luxury, why call them luxury sports cars? That touchpad is about as far from luxury as it gets. I get a little frustrated every time I have to use the one in my RC F. Luxury should give a lack of frustration. Luckily, I was more interested in the sport side of my RC F than I was with the luxury side.

It matters little. I'll not be buying a LC 500, and not a LC F if the interior design is going to be the same. I was just a little intrigued by the LFA similarities. I'll keep my RC F and mod it to hell and back.
Old 09-17-16, 03:45 PM
alexv93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
"Luxury" sports cars. Without the luxury, why call them luxury sports cars? That touchpad is about as far from luxury as it gets. I get a little frustrated every time I have to use the one in my RC F. Luxury should give a lack of frustration. Luckily, I was more interested in the sport side of my RC F than I was with the luxury side.

It matters little. I'll not be buying a LC 500, and not a LC F if the interior design is going to be the same. I was just a little intrigued by the LFA similarities. I'll keep my RC F and mod it to hell and back.
any mods you recommend?
Old 09-17-16, 03:49 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

I never use the touch pad. Candidly, they all suck except for Porsche touch screen. I love my touch screens. No car is perfect and is frustration free. The electronics in Lexus are far superior to those in Mercedes, Porsche or BMW. If the RC F frustrates you, you would be in need of meds if you had a real luxury German car, but man do they drive well.
Old 09-17-16, 04:04 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DougHII
I never use the touch pad. Candidly, they all suck except for Porsche touch screen. I love my touch screens. No car is perfect and is frustration free. The electronics in Lexus are far superior to those in Mercedes, Porsche or BMW. If the RC F frustrates you, you would be in need of meds if you had a real luxury German car, but man do they drive well.
The RC F doesn't frustrate me. Just the touchpad. My RX350 doesn't frustrate me. It uses the older style mushroom stick mouse thingy... I wish the RC F had it. Lexus took a step backwards in my opinion. They broke something that was working just fine.

It sounds like they all need new engineers then.

Edit: I was contacted about a job with TRD in Costa Mesa, CA last week. Lexus/Toyota/Scion racing division. Maybe I should have taken it?

I don't want to move to Cali though... I like FL. No emissions for one thing... I can go FI and don't have to worry about passing.

Last edited by Davew77; 09-17-16 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-17-16, 07:52 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The RC F doesn't frustrate me. Just the touchpad. My RX350 doesn't frustrate me. It uses the older style mushroom stick mouse thingy... I wish the RC F had it. Lexus took a step backwards in my opinion. They broke something that was working just fine.

It sounds like they all need new engineers then.

Edit: I was contacted about a job with TRD in Costa Mesa, CA last week. Lexus/Toyota/Scion racing division. Maybe I should have taken it?

I don't want to move to Cali though... I like FL. No emissions for one thing... I can go FI and don't have to worry about passing.
I love the touchpad. Way better than the mouse/joystick thing. More intuitive.
Old 09-17-16, 09:42 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
I love the touchpad. Way better than the mouse/joystick thing. More intuitive.
To each one's own. Obviously somebody is going to like it. Like the person who put it there in the first place. I don't fault you for your opinion, but I do not share it.

I never selected something that I didn't mean to select with the old joystick. But I've hit bumps going down the road which caused my finger to press harder on the touchpad and select things I didn't want. It happens far too often. If the touchpad didn't have the "select" feature implemented into the actual pad the way it does it would be much more ideal for use in a moving vehicle and far less frustrating.

None of my laptop touchpads work like that. I can press as hard as I want and not "click" anything. I have to physically tap my finger at a rapid pace to do that. Even that type of touchpad would be better for a moving vehicle than what Lexus has done.
Old 09-18-16, 06:29 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

To each one's own. Obviously somebody is going to like it. Like the person who put it there in the first place. I don't fault you for your opinion, but I do not share it.

I never selected something that I didn't mean to select with the old joystick. But I've hit bumps going down the road which caused my finger to press harder on the touchpad and select things I didn't want. It happens far too often. If the touchpad didn't have the "select" feature implemented into the actual pad the way it does it would be much more ideal for use in a moving vehicle and far less frustrating.

None of my laptop touchpads work like that. I can press as hard as I want and not "click" anything. I have to physically tap my finger at a rapid pace to do that. Even that type of touchpad would be better for a moving vehicle than what Lexus has done.
Create something that works better and perhaps you could purchase something that neither has a cup holder and a touch pad.

I honestly have never used the touch pad. What am I missing out on as far as what it does that cannot be done otherwise?

Quick Reply: RC vs LC