RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-16, 10:14 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Coming up 2 years in November, 15K miles of hard driving. No complaints, just pure enjoyment.
The following users liked this post:
Danblanco (01-11-17)
Old 01-03-17, 10:11 AM
Robexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for sharing your experience with owning RCF. I finally have got mine, here is a video from the purchase!
https://youtu.be/nnLA3czdzrA
Old 01-03-17, 10:20 AM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Original owner. 14K miles. Zero issues. No oil consumption since new. No fuel pump flash needed nor wanted. Performs as lively as ever. I view all the reviews. So many of them are worthless. Lexus made a very measured decision based on the budget that they had just like AMG and M do. It fills a niche. Well done, Lexus.
Old 01-03-17, 10:35 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

33k miles, no issues, wonderful car that got stronger the more miles I put on it.
Old 01-03-17, 06:43 PM
rnp614
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gipsonke
ZERO issues.

Well I did have one of my tire psi monitoring sensors break off inside the tire. But that was after a VERY tough weekend tracking it (swapping tires, etc) at Willow Springs race track, soooo I really don't count that.

Love my RCF. The best car I ever owned.
How much have you tracked your RCF? What supporting mods have you done? Is the transmission capable for that kind of work?
Old 01-03-17, 07:29 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

20K miles since 02/23/2016.
Loved every mile. Have Borla catback exhaust.
Old 01-03-17, 08:13 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
20K miles since 02/23/2016.
Loved every mile. Have Borla catback exhaust.
I loved my RCF a lot more after the borla, almost sold her prior. Still not perfect (down shift speed mostly) though.
Old 01-07-17, 06:36 AM
Infrared
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robexus
Hello guys, I ordered my RCF one month ago and will be waiting 4 months to get it. I even did not research this forum, because I took it as obvious to have no issues with Lexus. I had IS250 for 7 years and no issues. However after reading about different issues owners had with 2015 RC-F, I am little in doubt.. I know first model year M4 had issues too, and C63 is burning oil too..
Is RC-F 2016 better / with no issues?
Are your RCFs still burning oil having more miles? (does it take more than 1 QT or 1 Liter per 5000 miles)?

I've had mine for a year and I'm just under 13,000 miles. The car has been flawless. The brakes squeal ocassionally, but that is not a big deal and I'm sure the next set of pads can address it. I've tracked my car, used it as a daily driver, and have been driving it all over in the snow here in Colorado with Pirelli Sotozero tires. It's the most enjoyable car I've ever owned, by a long shot.

I also have a magnaflow aftermarket exhaust, and it really capitalizes on the V8 sound.

I get compliments and stares literally everywhere I go.

The only reason RC-F's don't fly off the shelf is because of the huge ego of buyers in this class of vehicle. People dropping $80k want to feel they are getting the fastest car in that class for the money, even though no one gives a **** and you're not going to be drag-racing on the street.... I blame auto journalists for missing the true beauty of this car - it's a remarkable GT car. It's heavy because it's solid like a bank vault. No creaks, no rattles, just take-like solidity.

In any case, the RC-F is in its own class.
The following users liked this post:
Danblanco (01-11-17)
Old 01-07-17, 06:40 AM
Infrared
Rookie

Thank you all for sharing your experience with owning RCF. I finally have got mine, here is a video from the purchase!
Very cool. You have my exact car, down to the wheels. In my view, that's the best overall RCF look. Aggressive, but classy.
Old 01-07-17, 06:43 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I dig everything about the RCF. Also the best car I've ever owned although it took a little while to get used to the aggressive stance.

As far as looks, I prefer the Jag F type but you couldn't get a set of golf clubs in it! haha.
Old 01-07-17, 06:48 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice video Robexus!
Old 01-07-17, 06:57 AM
Colt45ccg
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

6 months and 3k miles for me - no issues and very happy
Old 01-07-17, 10:47 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Listen go get the reflash for the slow downshifts and the tranny. I did last week and it shifts perfect now.. I also just had the secondary cats removed with the tanabe axle back and it runs and sounds great..
Old 01-07-17, 02:20 PM
cmhuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a '15 USB with TVD ML Carbon roof etc now with 30k on it. I have driven cross country including driving on dirt roads around Monument Valley, forest roads in Maine, also a tour around Nova Scotia with my wife and 15yr old son. This is just an epic GT car. I have had zero issues except for 2 flats - both required complete replacements and the included flat fixer was useless. Fortunately both times I was within cell phone coverage so able to get towed. It likes to be driven in Manual in Sports+ with lots of revs and is just fun. Why the Lexus? I started buying them in a while ago with a 07 gs 350 then a '13 gs 350 F Sport I love how reliable these cars have. Still makes me smile even when I'm just driving it to get groceries.
Old 01-09-17, 07:12 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I got my RCF Oct 2015 with just 2xxx miles on the odo "L" certified from a large volume Lexus dealer.

Still enjoying the car very much. No regrets.

Problems/issues corrected:

1. Pealing black paint on the front bumber behind the black grill. It had white spots under the black paint on the front number behind the grill. Nothing going on with the grill itself though. It looked like a spot Dalmatian dog with white and black spots. Very noticeable. I went to another Lexus dealer where I was at the time far away (non selling Lexus dealer) since I didn't have the time to drive it back. The Lexus dealer got approvAL from Lexus HQ and it was fixed. It was a major job. The whole front end was disassembledoing to get to that front black bumber. All good now.

2. Rear active wing got stuck. TSB took care of it quickly.

3. ECM reflash under TSB.

That's all. Now it's got around 15k miles.

Originally Posted by Infrared
I've had mine for a year and I'm just under 13,000 miles. The car has been flawless. The brakes squeal ocassionally, but that is not a big deal and I'm sure the next set of pads can address it. I've tracked my car, used it as a daily driver, and have been driving it all over in the snow here in Colorado with Pirelli Sotozero tires. It's the most enjoyable car I've ever owned, by a long shot.

I also have a magnaflow aftermarket exhaust, and it really capitalizes on the V8 sound.

I get compliments and stares literally everywhere I go.

The only reason RC-F's don't fly off the shelf is because of the huge ego of buyers in this class of vehicle. People dropping $80k want to feel they are getting the fastest car in that class for the money, even though no one gives a **** and you're not going to be drag-racing on the street.... I blame auto journalists for missing the true beauty of this car - it's a remarkable GT car. It's heavy because it's solid like a bank vault. No creaks, no rattles, just take-like solidity.

In any case, the RC-F is in its own class.

Quick Reply: Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?