RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Get Your RCF ECU Flashed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-16, 06:47 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Wait a while and try again at the same dealer or go to another Lexus dealer. On round two, just stick with the noise you heard towards the back seat.

Originally Posted by finny76
My Dealer is refusing to do the Re flash. Said that the technicians cant recreate the problem and that the Re flash TSB is relate with some Fuel pump issue Not with the hesitation of 2-3secs with the car trying to downshift.
Old 09-20-16, 01:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
they did the update, they were quite aware of the TSB. It was ready today but I'll pick it up tomorrow morning
Smurf, where you at? it's been 5 days now, you was going to let us know what you thought after you picked it up!
Old 09-20-16, 02:15 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Johnnyreb they sent it back to me with the ecu flashed. The RPM do idle a tad bit higher. As for the hesitation in 2nd gear they stated that it was normal. But after reading the notes they said they said the shift from 1-2 in low rpm being slow was normal so I do t think they understood initially what i mentioned. Today I took the car back and the service manager took a ride along with me and he definitely noticed the issue. He was going to log in some tests and scans and get with Lexus CA to see what the engineers suggest. I also mentioned to him that many others are noticing the hesitation in 2nd gear but then many others have no issues at all.
Old 09-20-16, 08:37 PM
USBGSF16
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The situation is some dealer are not likely to do flash if you don't have the problems, so can do it. I first go to Newport lexus and they refuse to do so, cause they want see the problem. Then, I called Tustin lexus and they are very friendly and did it for me. Car runs better, fast shift, no lag. I am concerning get the tune, but I am afraid that if the tune will wipe the effect that TSB recalibration did to our car?
Old 09-20-16, 09:33 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

I'm just wondering IF any of this would help me since i already have the Apexi Controller, it seems like the flash wouldn't benefit me but maybe somebody that has the Apexi that has done the flash could comment! Seems like the flash just does the same as the Apexi does?
Old 09-20-16, 09:36 PM
USBGSF16
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I'm just wondering IF any of this would help me since i already have the Apexi Controller, it seems like the flash wouldn't benefit me but maybe somebody that has the Apexi that has done the flash could comment! Seems like the flash just does the same as the Apexi does?
\
NOPE, THE FLASH Increase the fuel pump voltage so it can pump more fuel now. The controller has nothing to do with it. And the flash improving the gear shift.
Old 09-21-16, 04:04 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by USBGSF16
The situation is some dealer are not likely to do flash if you don't have the problems, so can do it. I first go to Newport lexus and they refuse to do so, cause they want see the problem. Then, I called Tustin lexus and they are very friendly and did it for me. Car runs better, fast shift, no lag. I am concerning get the tune, but I am afraid that if the tune will wipe the effect that TSB recalibration did to our car?
To all LA based owners, I took mine to Valencia Lexus and they flashed no problem. Again, I told them about a noise, not about hesitation.
Old 09-22-16, 07:59 AM
CoolCanuck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting mine flashed on Monday. Told them about the lag and they said they'd take care of writing up the case for me to get it covered. Looking forward to providing an update when I get the car back.
Old 09-22-16, 08:42 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

What did you tell Tustin Lexus? I got my car from them.
Old 09-22-16, 09:41 AM
Yzm450
Driver School Candidate

I had mine flashed yesterday, hesitation is gone.
Old 09-22-16, 11:36 AM
CoolCanuck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear!!!

Originally Posted by Yzm450
I had mine flashed yesterday, hesitation is gone.
Old 09-22-16, 03:21 PM
LexusRCF15
Driver School Candidate

Got mine back yesterday, they supposedly performed the reflash and reset the TCM in ECO Mode (not quite sure why they picked that mode)...regardless the annoying hesitation btwn. 30-40 mph is still there while in Auto. They also had my car for 4 days, excluding the two days it sat over the weekend b/c they supposedly opened a case with Lexus. I'm unbelievably frustrated at this point and don't know where else to turn b/c the service dept's I've visited at two locations on Long Island suck. I love the look and feel of the car which makes it all the more frustrating.
Old 09-22-16, 05:59 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

\
NOPE, THE FLASH Increase the fuel pump voltage so it can pump more fuel now. The controller has nothing to do with it. And the flash improving the gear shift.
Thanks & Smurf hang in there Bud, you gonna get it Keep us updated. Thanks
Old 09-22-16, 06:04 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Wait a while and try again at the same dealer or go to another Lexus dealer. On round two, just stick with the noise you heard towards the back seat.
I'd have to go 100 miles to my dealer, i guess i'd be better off calling them first but when i tell them about this NOISE, what is it supposed to sound like. Then again, i'd be worried if i drove over there & they test drove it first & didn't hear this so-called Noise & then they'd say we don't see or hear any issues & Not do it!
Old 09-22-16, 06:57 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was flashed right away. The 2ng gear hesitation I thought I had is not the sluggish throttle response that others were complaining about. In manual shift in 2nd gear I would feel what I thought was a slight hesitation between 1500-2200 rpm. Come to find out, that in the RCF this transmission has 100% lock up from 2nd - 8th gear and what I was feeling was they torque converter locking up. It's only i manual mode and only noticeable is you slowly accelerate in 2nd from 1500rpm why gradually increasing speed. The road needs to be smooth or it will be be disguised as any small bump in the road. After I was told this by the dealership (they also confirmed this with Lexus CA) I found this website that explained it.

http://autonationdrive.com/top-10-th...15-lexus-rc-f/

Quick Reply: Get Your RCF ECU Flashed!