RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Get Your RCF ECU Flashed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-16, 05:33 PM
RCFGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the hesitation in normal mode (which is why I almost always drive in Sport until I get on the highway then it can go back to normal to cruise), but I've never heard any fuel pump noise.
Old 09-12-16, 06:12 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

The lag or hesitation went away on mine after the re-flash. I actually drive in normal mode more now because it made that much of a difference.
Old 09-13-16, 05:21 AM
LexusRCF15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a sound or video clip of their fuel pump making the noise? Mine actually makes the noise, but I'm not sure it's going to happen before my appointment tmrw and they're requesting one before they do anything. I can get an update on my iPhone easier than this car - geez. Thx
Old 09-13-16, 05:55 AM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

see post at this link #390
Audio done with an iPhone video recording. (before and after ECU update). You can here in the pump in both before and after ECU change but after sound is
very hard to hear. After driving long distances mine pump would get so loud it was annoying/disconcerting in the drivers seat with the door closed. I even called Lexus from Canada on a road trip
and they said to just bring it in when I returned to AZ since no know total fails had left people stranded. So 2000 miles later I took it in for the update. Of course it was not making the noise
at that time but I had the recordings on my iphone for them to evaluate.

Best place to record is outside, in front of the driver side rear tire. I removed some of the low frequencies in creating the wav file in the post link shown above. Master mov files were too big to post.

Status 9-15-2016 I month POST ECU update. No noise or hesitation during the last month of city driving. Very happy with the response, no longer HAVE to drive in manual SPORT or SPORT+ to insure
response in city traffic.

Last edited by rjmalm; 09-15-16 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-13-16, 11:05 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Video of my RC-F 0 to 60 mph in Sports+

Here is a video I did earlier today of my RC-F 0 to 60 mph in Sports+ POST ECU REFLASH

I did it at about 90% WOT.

There is NO HESITATION AT ALL. My RC-F just takes off. It was a stretch of nice smooth dry four lane road. There was no burn out either. The tires gripped well.

My RC-F is totally STOCK. No mods.

I also did runs at different modes which I will post more later.

The following is at Sports+

http://
View My Video

Originally Posted by rjmalm
see post at this link #390
Done with an iPhone (before and after ECU update). You can here in the pump in both but after driving long distances mine would get so loud it was annoying in the drivers seat with the door closed.
Best place to record is outside, in front of the driver side rear tire. I removed some of the low frequencies in creating the wav file. Master mov files were too big to post.

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-14-16 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-14-16, 08:01 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Aaaaah, but now comes the issue of Whether or Not your Dealership Will or Will Not do it! Keep us informed
they did the update, they were quite aware of the TSB. It was ready today but I'll pick it up tomorrow morning
Old 09-15-16, 11:26 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
they did the update, they were quite aware of the TSB. It was ready today but I'll pick it up tomorrow morning
Definitely let us know what you think about it, if you can tell a difference or not!
Old 09-15-16, 01:36 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm curious. If I have an aftermarket tune and then Lexus flashes my ECU, would I lose my aftermarket tune?

I don't know if the flash completely deletes/writes all data on the ECU or if the flash only deletes/writes the data they are specifically flashing for. If it works like a CPU BIOS then it's a total delete/write.
Old 09-15-16, 02:46 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I would venture to guess it is a TOTAL REFLASH that completely wipe the old one and replace with the new one as a "whole set". I would also venture to guess this way the process preserves the security and integrity of the top secret tough to crack ECU codes. Versus a "broken up" pieces of codes insertions and deletions which is extremely vulnerable.

BTW, I'm just spontaneously pulling the above random *****ttt out the ****!!! Haha. 😀😁😃

Originally Posted by Davew77
I'm curious. If I have an aftermarket tune and then Lexus flashes my ECU, would I lose my aftermarket tune?

I don't know if the flash completely deletes/writes all data on the ECU or if the flash only deletes/writes the data they are specifically flashing for. If it works like a CPU BIOS then it's a total delete/write.
Old 09-15-16, 04:05 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

In my experience, that is how they usually work. But I don't consider myself to be an expert on the process. I have always let others tune my cars, even when I had a tuner which I used myself. Someone else built the tune and sent it to me. Then I just flashed it. That is the extent of my knowledge on it.
Old 09-15-16, 05:25 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Have the reflash done, for free of course. Then, get the tune, because it will most likely just change ignition and fuel maps. Or, I would think that the aftermarket tune would touch known issues anyway so why do the reflash?
Old 09-15-16, 07:01 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Have the reflash done, for free of course. Then, get the tune, because it will most likely just change ignition and fuel maps. Or, I would think that the aftermarket tune would touch known issues anyway so why do the reflash?
I'm like the rest of you, but ^^^^This seems like it would make sense to do it that way! jmo
Old 09-15-16, 07:43 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I'm just trying to figure out how my time would be best spent. Whether I should get the TSB flash(es) done or not, whether I should get it done before aftermarket touches it if I do get them, or if I should just let the aftermarket address the issues when they tune. I thought about going ahead and getting the TSB done anyway. But I hate getting my vehicles serviced. I have other things I'd rather do with my time. I'd hate to waste my time on something that is going to get erased anyway. I'd be really peeved if I had to have it done post aftermarket tune and they wiped out my aftermarket tune.
Old 09-19-16, 03:09 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
For those that haven't read about the fuel pump TSB reflash.....call your dealer and go now! It totally eliminated the transmission hesitation. Car runs like a beast now. Giddy up fellas!
My Dealer is refusing to do the Re flash. Said that the technicians cant recreate the problem and that the Re flash TSB is relate with some Fuel pump issue Not with the hesitation of 2-3secs with the car trying to downshift.
Old 09-19-16, 06:23 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
My Dealer is refusing to do the Re flash. Said that the technicians cant recreate the problem and that the Re flash TSB is relate with some Fuel pump issue Not with the hesitation of 2-3secs with the car trying to downshift.
I've previously posted, that I told the dealer I heard a funny, intermittent noise coming from the rear (even though it wasn't) Told them I read about the TSIB and they flashed it.

Do NOT tell them it's the hesitation because that's NOT what the TSIB is for.

Unfortunately, It may be too late for you since it's documented. It's BS that Lexus is playing these games.

Quick Reply: Get Your RCF ECU Flashed!