Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Interesting mustang 5.0, Rcf, m4 comparison

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1219421

alot of butt hurt going on
Old 07-24-16, 10:57 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol, at some of the comments. It's impossible that anyone could possibly like the RC F better than an M4! Seems like they are more torn up about the RCF coming ahead of than M4 than the Mustang GT beating the M4.

Last edited by DougHII; 07-24-16 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-24-16, 11:42 AM
estoyf
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta love magazine reviews and forum responses. To each their own.
Old 07-24-16, 11:50 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by estoyf
Gotta love magazine reviews and forum responses. To each their own.
Forget the M4 . . . BMW styling is so tired looking. The new AMG C Class Coupe is this car in this price range! That thing looks great and is a beast. Still, the RCF has a unique look and can be purchased for about $40k less.
Old 07-24-16, 01:27 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I like how people buy road course cars and then they only care about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

I didn't buy the RC F for drag racing. In fact, I didn't buy it for racing at all. But when I do race I prefer to do high speed runs and over long distances. When the M4 hits the limiter at 155 mph my RC F is going to keep right on going. The M4 may beat me to 155 from a 70 mph roll (according to the stats), but I'll be waving at them as I pass them. That is, unless they can remove their limiter. But a lot of owners leave their vehicles stock, especially the ecu while under warranty.

Edit: 155 mph, seriously? My 07' naturally aspirated V6 350Z did 155 mph when bone stock. I'm guessing that the M4 is geared for low end power and/or it doesn't handle well at really high speeds. Oh, and that reported 168 mph RC F top speed in the article is wrong.

Last edited by Davew77; 07-24-16 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-24-16, 07:50 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Nice lil' article, yeah i can imagine their feelings are just a LIL' Hurt. See'ya wouldn't wanna B'ya!
Old 07-25-16, 05:40 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm curious why they did not include the gen6 Camaro, since it has been proven to be statically better than the new 5.0.
Also, the price point of the M4 and the RC-F should have allowed them to pull the GT350 into the mix, and probably could have "inquired" to GM about using a pre-production 6th gen ZL1.
Old 07-25-16, 07:20 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

all 3 cars on streets of willow got very similar laptimes even with the stang having junk pzero tires. Even last gen mustang GT could hang with the last gen V8 M3. Great thing about the GT, RCF, SS, is they dont sound like a lawnmower choking on rocks
Old 07-25-16, 07:49 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, at some of the comments. It's impossible that anyone could possibly like the RC F better than an M4! Seems like they are more torn up about the RCF coming ahead of than M4 than the Mustang GT beating the M4.
Agreed, it's comical how some of them are talking about weight, acceleration, and handling...I guarantee you most of those guys never stepped foot in a Lexus dealership let alone drove the RCF for comparison purposes. God forbid anyone paints the M twins in any sort of negative light, and I also love how just about every comment focuses on acceleration, lots of sophomoric nonsense that comes from a typical BMW driver. I knew when I bought the RCF that it wasn't the outright fastest car in it's class, I'm totally fine with that, if I wanted a BMW M whatever, I would have bought that as most people who are shopping in this price range can do, just goes to show you how narrow minded most of those guys are. When Randy Pobst who is a far superior driver to just about anyone on this forum or the BMW forum the OP linked to can take an RCF without carbon brakes around a track within a few tenths of a second against the "almighty and far superior M4", I'm not seeing how anyone sees that as destroying the RCF. Did Lexus miss a little on being able to make the RCF a bit lighter? Maybe, and it probably would have been nice, I still would have bought the RCF over the BMW anyway.

My favorite was the guy that had a link to a table he is running that keeps tabs on the number of times the M won a comparison test vs how many times it has lost and who the competition was. If you need to do that to "validate" your purchase, you have some serious self esteem issues.

Last edited by NickZ; 07-25-16 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-25-16, 10:34 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

BMW guys almost always talk down on the F series but it does pretty damn well in keeping up with their M cars.. Until they get bolt on and tunes..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-25-16, 10:36 AM
1stLexF
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read their comments haha a lot of hating goin on...
Old 07-25-16, 12:23 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Most of them are haters because Lexus is the brand they fear the most. They hated the IS-F when it first came out and they are doing the same with the RC-F.
Old 07-25-16, 07:40 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like M4 hardtop convertible, but them coupe, four door Beamer all look the same to me. RC-F all day.
Old 07-25-16, 07:47 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Most of them are haters because Lexus is the brand they fear the most. They hated the IS-F when it first came out and they are doing the same with the RC-F.
I know a few bmw owners some have M's others just X35's I wouldn't say Lexus is the brand they fear the most by any means. They just don't respect Lexus as much or take the brand serious, ironically most of them love the 2JZ.
Old 07-25-16, 09:17 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by plex
I know a few bmw owners some have M's others just X35's I wouldn't say Lexus is the brand they fear the most by any means. They just don't respect Lexus as much or take the brand serious, ironically most of them love the 2JZ.
I do not mean fear as in seeing a vampire in real life. I mean the fear that what Lexus can be if Toyota puts its financial and technical might into creating cars that will beat BMW at its own game. With the RC-F and more apparently with the GS-F, Toyota chose to carve its own path with the V8 with only 467 horsepower and staying with an 8 speed auto. Toyota chose not to compete in the horsepower wars preferring to find another set of buyers who appreciate driving fine machines like Porches.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting mustang 5.0, Rcf, m4 comparison