RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Interesting mustang 5.0, Rcf, m4 comparison

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-16, 09:21 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by plex
I know a few bmw owners some have M's others just X35's I wouldn't say Lexus is the brand they fear the most by any means. They just don't respect Lexus as much or take the brand serious, ironically most of them love the 2JZ.
I can see this cause it's the same way with my buddies in the Viper & Porsche Clubs! They always say it's a nice/cute looking car, but they Definitely don't consider it as an Equal to them as a Real Sports Car. Even though it can run with some of their different models, they just don't look at it in THAT kind of way.
Old 07-25-16, 09:37 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I can see this cause it's the same way with my buddies in the Viper & Porsche Clubs! They always say it's a nice/cute looking car, but they Definitely don't consider it as an Equal to them as a Real Sports Car. Even though it can run with some of their different models, they just don't look at it in THAT kind of way.
Yeah, like the LFA? I would own this car over any Viper. Jeremy Clarkson still calls it best driving super car available today.
Old 07-26-16, 06:47 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know a few bmw owners some have M's others just X35's I wouldn't say Lexus is the brand they fear the most by any means. They just don't respect Lexus as much or take the brand serious, ironically most of them love the 2JZ.
Wasssup, Plex! ....my NELOC OG....

Yes, I have an M now, so I reside in the M forums as well. And you're right, none of them cross-shop Lexuses (not the RCF or the GSF). The biggest competitors, from most M owner's perspective, is of course AMGs, Porsches and Jag F Types. Hec, they talk about Cadillac V cars, Mustangs and Camaros wayyyyy more than they talk about Lexuses. Lexus is rarely discussed, if at all. I've seen guys in the M forums trade in M's for Mustangs, but never for an RCF.

Just shows how far Lexus F cars have to go before it's taken seriously as a full-fledged performance arm with lots of car enthusiasts.
Old 07-26-16, 06:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Wasssup, Plex! ....my NELOC OG....

Yes, I have an M now, so I reside in the M forums as well. And you're right, none of them cross-shop Lexuses (not the RCF or the GSF). The biggest competitors, from most M owner's perspective, is of course AMGs, Porsches and Jag F Types. Hec, they talk about Cadillac V cars, Mustangs and Camaros wayyyyy more than they talk about Lexuses. Lexus is rarely discussed, if at all. I've seen guys in the M forums trade in M's for Mustangs, but never for an RCF.

Just shows how far Lexus F cars have to go before it's taken seriously as a full-fledged performance arm with lots of car enthusiasts.
Kevin, long time. I have a GS400 now go figure ha ha. It's just a cruiser working on Supra now that will be the toy. Which M do you have? Supra want's a piece lol.

But yes F cars haven't gotten much respect outside of those that own them and these forums but it is what it is. I dream of a boosted F from factory but old school Supra will do for now
Old 07-26-16, 07:27 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Kevin, long time. I have a GS400 now go figure ha ha. It's just a cruiser working on Supra now that will be the toy. Which M do you have? Supra want's a piece lol.

But yes F cars haven't gotten much respect outside of those that own them and these forums but it is what it is. I dream of a boosted F from factory but old school Supra will do for now
Still have my GS430, 305,000 miles and counting. hahaha

And an ES with 250,000 and counting (drove it today!).

I also have a 2015 M4, and I'm either driving like a grandma or acting like complete idiot in that car. It's so fast, and breaks traction quickly, so it incites hooliganism. It's a blast on the track.

The RCF still sounds better though, and I even have a full aftermarket exhaust....but it doesn't matter. The Lexus V8 sounds glorious by comparison.

Old 07-26-16, 08:49 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

People not owning the RC-F( and Lexus in general) comes into this thread and telling us owners that it does not garner any respect in the auto world. Who gives a s__t about what these haters say about the RC-F and Lexus in general. We, owners, made our choice and are very happy with our V8s!

Last edited by Lexura1414; 07-26-16 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-26-16, 10:26 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
People not owning the RC-F( and Lexus in general) comes into this thread and telling us owners that it does not garner any respect in the auto world. Who gives a s__t about what these haters say about the RC-F and Lexus in general. We, owners, made our choice and are very happy with our V8s!
Who are you referring to me and Kevin? I don't own any F's neither does he. We own older Lexus models GS430 and GS400 and I also have a Supra. I just give feedback on my experiences being around other enthusiasts that own different cars. F's come up in the convos and like I and Kevin stated it just doesn't get the respect that's all. Are they haters because they don't respect the F line if that's what you want to call them.
Old 07-26-16, 12:21 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Who are you referring to me and Kevin? I don't own any F's neither does he. We own older Lexus models GS430 and GS400 and I also have a Supra. I just give feedback on my experiences being around other enthusiasts that own different cars. F's come up in the convos and like I and Kevin stated it just doesn't get the respect that's all. Are they haters because they don't respect the F line if that's what you want to call them.
You and your friend might not be haters but there certainly are in the auto circle you move in. Tell them to own the RC-F first before disrespecting the car. I will tell you that I did not like the RC-F first when it first came out but after much research and time in the car, I began to appreciate and love what Toyota/Lexus offer in this car. And with regards to Lexus as a brand, its trying and one day it will get there..
Old 07-26-16, 01:01 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

You and your friend might not be haters but there certainly are in the auto circle you move in. Tell them to own the RC-F first before disrespecting the car. I will tell you that I did not like the RC-F first when it first came out but after much research and time in the car, I began to appreciate and love what Toyota/Lexus offer in this car. And with regards to Lexus as a brand, its trying and one day it will get there..
"Tell them to own the RCF first"? German car enthusiasts won't even consider the RCF. They'll go test drive a Camaro SS and Mustang GTs (and not even the 350), and of course Type F's and AMGs, even Caddy V's....yet they won't even test drive an RCF. Think about that. Hec,some of them are on the Caddy and Ford forums, but you mention a Lexus, and most chuckle. But mention a GT350, and the M guys get real defensive about their purchase. It's funny to me.

So, Lexus has a long way to go to capture the German car enthusiasts....but until then, just be happy that the RCF and GSF are 2 of Lexus' best kept secrets. They're rare birds out in the streets, and I think you all should revel in that.

The new LC500 is going to help, but Lexus still needs another affordable, performance car (somewhere between $50k - $75k). Basically, they need another ISF.

Again, I'm a Lexus guy, I've owned 3, still own 2, swear by them......but when it came time for a coupe, I needed less grill. You can say I'm still adjusting to this latest generation. And the M has little traction, so it's dangerous....too much torque for the tires. It's far from perfect, but it's loads of fun....which I hope is the same thing you can say about the RCF.

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-26-16 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 01:08 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KevinGS
"Tell them to own the RCF first"? German car enthusiasts won't even consider the RCF. They'll go test drive a Camaro SS and Mustang GTs (and not even the 350), and of course Type F's and AMGs, even Caddy V's....yet they won't even test drive an RCF. Think about that. Hec,some of them are on the Caddy and Ford forums, but you mention a Lexus, and most chuckle. But mention a GT350, and the M guys get real defensive about their purchase. It's funny to me.

So, Lexus has a long way to go to capture the German car enthusiasts....but until then, just be happy that the RCF and GSF are 2 of Lexus' best kept secrets. They're rare birds out in the streets, and I think you all should revel in that.

The new LC500 is going to help, but Lexus still needs another affordable, performance car (somewhere between $50k - $75k). Basically, they need another ISF.

Again, I'm a Lexus guy, I've owned 3, still own 2, swear by them......but when it came time for a coupe, I needed less grill. You can say I'm still adjusting to this latest generation. And the M has little traction, so it's dangerous....too much torque for the tires. It's far from perfect, but it's loads of fun....which I hope is the same thing you can say about the RCF.
Yeah, I bet you that we have former M owners in this section of this forum. Don't generalize the hate for the RC-F . Go back to your section of the forum. Better yet, spew your hate of the RC-F on Bimmerpost and not here. You are disrespecting somebody else's house, M4 owner.

Last edited by Lexura1414; 07-26-16 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 01:17 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Lexus is a fairly new brand when compared to BMW or MB and for years it focused on just luxury and comfort (and obviously reliability) and lets be honest, it was targeted to the older crowd but in the last few years until now, it has changed direction offering more towards sports cars yet keeping the luxury, reliability and comfort and targeting a younger crowd. In these short few years it has come out with cars like the IS-F, RC-F and GS-F which rivals the "almighty" BMWs that have decades long history and these are almost on par with the BMWs on performance at the track... but the Lexus cars perform overall much better on the street than the BMW. The Lexus is still more comfy, waaaayyy more reliable, it has all the Luxury (sometimes more for a better price) and when it comes to speed and handling on the streets, it performs basically the same as the BMW. When the 4GS and the 3IS came out, they both beat BMW in many comparisons by well known names too. And then lets not forget the LFA which came out of nowhere and became what is considered by many the best car out there in the bunch.

As I have said before, the RC-F is not the fastest on acceleration or around the track in its class but overall, I consider it the best one which is why I went for it instead of an M4... I'm driving my car in the streets, I didn't get it to track it all the time and a few tenths of a second slower on paper than the M4 doesn't bother me, specially since that insignificant difference can just come down to the driver.

It's ok if they get butt hurt for the RC-F winning this comparison and it's ok if they reassure me they got the better car... when they try to pull away from me and I'm right there next to them, their reaction is priceless. When their car is at the dealership getting fixed, I'll still be cruising down the road and enjoying my ride.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-26-16, 01:24 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Yeah, I bet you that we have former M owners in this section of this forum. Don't generalize the hate for the RC-F . Go back to your section of the forum. Better yet, spew your hate of the RC-F on Bimmerpost and not here. You are disrespecting somebody else's house, M4 owner.
LOL don't be so sensitive.

And it's not hate, there's just a lack of acknowledgement altogether, from "those other guys". Most of them don't even debate using the RCF. It is what it is.

As long as you like you car, enjoy it. Again, I see few on the road, which is a good thing....because it stands out. Believe me, not everyone likes the M either. It gets shat on often, and I still love it. On the track, it's just so much fun, drifts for days....and quite a challenge.

And this is my house too, I've been in the Lexus forums FAR longer than on the M forums. And I still own 2, remember?....I've probably driven more Lexus miles than you have, and I still continue to rack them up.

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-26-16 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 01:43 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Of all of the cars I considered before buying my RC F, the M4 was not even on the list. To me it's fugly. Performance matters little if the appearance of the car doesn't appeal to me. The Porsche Cayman S (981) was the closest to winning my money. I even went as far as getting a loan approval on it. But I bailed at the last minute. The next closest was a F-Type (V8). But the price killed it. After that the Vette. M4? Not even on the radar...

Last edited by Davew77; 07-26-16 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 02:01 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

No need for all of that not everyone likes M cars not everyone likes F cars, not everyone likes (insert car). No hate from me or Kevin on the F at all, I'm glad they are out but majority of the M fan base won't consider an F just like some here won't consider a M. There are some that jump ship to either sides just the way it is. I mauled a E46 M3 in my SC300 years ago it had Supra swap making mid 5's at wheel but he didn't know that he said nice Toyota at light and after the beating he rolled up window at next light and said nothing. I laughed all the way home but I had a buddy at that time with a E46 M3 that was respectful of my setup. Point is everyone is different.
Old 07-26-16, 02:17 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Who cares, really? Maybe when I was 21 it mattered, but I could care less what perceived respect is given by the BMW crowd, lol. I used to own a BMW and belonged to at least two forums. A real car enthusiast wouldn't need convincing to entertain what any car brings to the table. A Japanese car with 5.0 468hp V8, purposely built on a sports car platform with technology and reliability to boot. I don't know about you, but this has never happened before. A real car enthusiast would acknowledge this. Respect, lol.

Quick Reply: Interesting mustang 5.0, Rcf, m4 comparison