RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pulled the Trigger Tonight... got the F

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-16, 08:04 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

You won't miss your IS once you have driving the RCF enough

Maybe miss the extra set of doors, but that is about it...haha.
Old 07-18-16, 06:30 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
You won't miss your IS once you have driving the RCF enough

Maybe miss the extra set of doors, but that is about it...haha.

Nah I'll miss it, always happens with my cars. Maybe it's sentimental or something... but it's only been 2 days lol

I think that for a daily driver, the IS was probably a better option since the suspension was softer and the ride was smoother but I don't mind it much, I always liked the sportier feel on a car. Now as far as a long trip, I don't know how confy it is going to be... I'll test that out soon... The seats are extremely confy so it might not be bad but I think for long trips the IS would have been better... but I got the GS for that so no worries
Old 07-18-16, 07:26 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Nah I'll miss it, always happens with my cars. Maybe it's sentimental or something... but it's only been 2 days lol

I think that for a daily driver, the IS was probably a better option since the suspension was softer and the ride was smoother but I don't mind it much, I always liked the sportier feel on a car. Now as far as a long trip, I don't know how confy it is going to be... I'll test that out soon... The seats are extremely confy so it might not be bad but I think for long trips the IS would have been better... but I got the GS for that so no worries
It depends on the person. I daily drive my RC F and I couldn't be happier.

I also drove my RC F from southern FL to NC for this contract. It's about 700 miles. In my RX 350 I was beat by the time I drove for 10 hours. In my RC F I found myself wishing that the trip wasn't over yet.

But as I said, it depends on the person.
Old 07-18-16, 08:18 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Davew77

I also drove my RC F from southern FL to NC for this contract. It's about 700 miles. In my RX 350 I was beat by the time I drove for 10 hours. In my RC F I found myself wishing that the trip wasn't over yet.

Nice, I know the GS is great for trips and the IS was pretty good too. I got a trip to Orlando coming up so it's a 220 mile trip from here to there and I'm taking the RC-F for that trip. I'll be daily driving the RCF and so far I don't mind the suspension. I like it, but some will say "it's too hard" for everyday use, but not if you like sports car I take the GS to work every once in a while, I know my wife won't mind driving the RCF lol
Old 07-19-16, 07:33 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Davew77

Yeah, been trying to not drive the RCF as much (to keep the miles low) and just take my GS to work but the RCF is much more enjoyable/fun so it has been getting more mileage Also, to be honest, I hate the headrests in my GS. They jut out pushing my head forward and down more...guess that is to help with whiplash but it should be adjustable. I don't like that. Aside from that, the GS seats are nice. Lack of power is frustrating...might have to get the GS F as my daily commuter and leave the modified RC F in the garage more

Drove my RCF for 5hrs straight. No issues with the seats or suspension.
Old 07-19-16, 08:29 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Yeah, been trying to not drive the RCF as much (to keep the miles low) and just take my GS to work but the RCF is much more enjoyable/fun so it has been getting more mileage Also, to be honest, I hate the headrests in my GS. They jut out pushing my head forward and down more...guess that is to help with whiplash but it should be adjustable. I don't like that. Aside from that, the GS seats are nice. Lack of power is frustrating...might have to get the GS F as my daily commuter and leave the modified RC F in the garage more

Drove my RCF for 5hrs straight. No issues with the seats or suspension.
I don't know if all GS are like this or not but mine (F-sport) has adjustable headrests. You can put them up, down and forward or back.
Old 07-19-16, 09:21 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

I don't know if all GS are like this or not but mine (F-sport) has adjustable headrests. You can put them up, down and forward or back.
Tilt angle is my main issue...I will have to go back and make sure they are all the way back.
Old 07-19-16, 09:24 AM
1fast350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price question

Hello there, I am also looking to get into an RCF but my local dealer Lexus of Orlando is unwilling to deal. I heard Pembrooke Lexus was fair and honest, if you dont mind, what did you pay for the RCF and did you lease or buy, thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-19-16, 10:38 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fast350
Hello there, I am also looking to get into an RCF but my local dealer Lexus of Orlando is unwilling to deal. I heard Pembrooke Lexus was fair and honest, if you dont mind, what did you pay for the RCF and did you lease or buy, thanks in advance for your help.
Also try jm, palm beach, Miami volume dealers. Save the drive and deal with Internet Dept over the phone
Old 07-19-16, 12:41 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1fast350
Yes, Lexus of Pembroke Pines is very fair and honest and always great service. They have a few RC-F's left (2016) they probably want to get rid of before the 2017s start coming in so they have good deals. I Leased mine
Old 07-19-16, 05:10 PM
DShiekhi
Driver

Default One of Our Members Said "F This" and Got a Lexus RC F

One of Our Members Said "F This" and Got a Lexus RC F

One thing we all learned in school and still remember is that you can't graduate if you get Fs. That's true - in the academic world. Not in the car world, though.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 07-19-16, 06:30 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by DShiekhi
One of Our Members Said "F This" and Got a Lexus RC F

One thing we all learned in school and still remember is that you can't graduate if you get Fs. That's true - in the academic world. Not in the car world, though.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>

Oh that is nice! Thanks, I wasn't expecting that, it's really cool
Old 07-20-16, 01:23 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

congrats on the new ride and making it to the frontpage!
Old 07-21-16, 08:11 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

On the way home from dinner tonight we stopped here for a second and grabbed a few pics real quick... this plaza is pretty nice. I think I'll be doing a photoshoot one of these nights here with the good camera

Name:  20160721_221846.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  261.6 KB

Name:  20160721_221910.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  274.8 KB

Name:  20160721_222212.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  278.7 KB
Old 07-21-16, 08:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

On the way home from dinner tonight we stopped here for a second and grabbed a few pics real quick... this plaza is pretty nice. I think I'll be doing a photoshoot one of these nights here with the good camera

Looks amazing! !

Makes me want to get orange or red calipers on my ultra white RC-F! !!

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger Tonight... got the F