RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

All rcf owners please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-16, 04:09 PM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All rcf owners please chime in

I leased a 2015 rcf in late October. Since then I have a total of 8900 miles on the car . The car has been in for service a total of 13 times . The major problem was a clicking sound from the driver side axle under hard acceleration from a stop light or on downshifting when coming to a stop. They replaced the axle at 5900 miles . 2500 miles later the clicking sound started again this time on both sides . The car was brought to the dealer where the mechanic waited for a master tech from Lexus to look at the car . The tech stated it's ' normal ' for a loud clicking sounds to come from the axles . Please help ! Has anyone else had the same issue ?? Also if this is so common why didn't the master tech have to come to the dealership ? If it's normal why did they replace both axles again .....last but not least what other Lexus models have loud clicking sounds from the axles ? None of my question have been answered . Please chime in !!!
Old 07-15-16, 04:43 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

HELL NOThat's Friggin' Crazy any way you could post a video so we could hear it? Been in 13 times under 9k miles, sounds like you mite have a Lemon Law case. Keep us Updated
Old 07-15-16, 04:59 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Where are you in NY, i'm heading that way in the morning! we'll be staying at the Renaissance (i think it's on 7th Ave. in times square) if you want pm me & if i can get a chance i'd like to hear to it.
Old 07-15-16, 05:17 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

no issue like that with mine..

I wonder if something is stuck up under there somewhere.. some crap you picked up on the road maybe..
Old 07-15-16, 05:31 PM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

I wish I could show you but they replaced both axles today although they claimed it was normal ! Again I don't understand if it's normal why did they replace them ?
Old 07-15-16, 05:32 PM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
HELL NOThat's Friggin' Crazy any way you could post a video so we could hear it? Been in 13 times under 9k miles, sounds like you mite have a Lemon Law case. Keep us Updated
Thanks I will keep you posted .....they are still trying to figure out if the trunk should open fully or just release from the lock . I told them the trunk should open fully with a push of the clicker . They said I was wrong . So the car is still at the dealer
Old 07-15-16, 05:35 PM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

Where are you in NY, i'm heading that way in the morning! we'll be staying at the Renaissance (i think it's on 7th Ave. in times square) if you want pm me & if i can get a chance i'd like to hear to it.
Hey sorry .... I posted this in the wrong place . They replaced both axles today although they claimed it's normal ! Also when I asked the service Manager which other Lexus models make this sound he said none do ! So I asked him if this is normal why did you go ahead and replace the axles and I didn't get a direct answer
Old 07-15-16, 06:14 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I smell something fishy! !!

Why is Lexus so eager and fast on replacing the axle? Maybe EXCELLENT SERVICE AND PUSUIT OF PERFECTION? IDK. I would hope so.

Originally Posted by Donnirino
Hey sorry .... I posted this in the wrong place . They replaced both axles today although they claimed it's normal ! Also when I asked the service Manager which other Lexus models make this sound he said none do ! So I asked him if this is normal why did you go ahead and replace the axles and I didn't get a direct answer
Old 07-15-16, 06:16 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks I will keep you posted .....they are still trying to figure out if the trunk should open fully or just release from the lock . I told them the trunk should open fully with a push of the clicker . They said I was wrong . So the car is still at the dealer
Trunk should open all the way, at least mine does.
Old 07-15-16, 06:23 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400jon
Trunk should open all the way, at least mine does.
Mine sometimes open all the way. Sometime it doesn't.
Old 07-15-16, 07:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

My trunk opens all the way consistently. As for the axle, no noises with mine. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Old 07-15-16, 07:48 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Mine sometimes open all the way. Sometime it doesn't.
Mine does the same. If it's really hot out or parked in hot garage, the rubber will stick. Come around second time, it opens all the way
Old 07-16-16, 03:36 AM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
My trunk opens all the way consistently. As for the axle, no noises with mine. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Thanks for the reply the service advisor had me convinced I was wrong
Old 07-16-16, 03:37 AM
Donnirino
Driver School Candidate

I contacted an attorney who has asked for the service history of the car .... and opened a case with Lexus north America. Thank you I'll be sure to update
Old 07-16-16, 03:41 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Thanks for the reply the service advisor had me convinced I was wrong
Sure. I'll do one better. I'll post a video shortly so you can show them.

Quick Reply: All rcf owners please chime in