RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

How many miles have you driven your RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-16, 02:21 PM
jezwashere
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had it 6 months, only have 1,400 miles. I travel a lot for work so don't really get to drive it much...
Old 06-30-16, 02:33 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Purchased in March 2015 and have just over 27,000 miles.
Hell Doug, i got mine in April 15' & i still don't even have 3k on it yet At least you're getting the Most out of yours
Old 06-30-16, 03:46 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
When I traded my ISF, I was told I had the highest mileage ISF in the country (47,000 after 2 years). You have me beat this time!
I put like 80k on one if my Porsche turbos in about 4 years.

My RCF got killed Nivember through February. I had a client about a 100 miles away that needed a lot of hand holding in prep. I was making that trip 3 to 5 times a week for about 4 months. At l sat I was getting $0.555 a mile plus my hourly rate driving it . . .
Old 06-30-16, 03:48 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Hell Doug, i got mine in April 15' & i still don't even have 3k on it yet At least you're getting the Most out of yours
That's because you have a fleet to choose from everyday.
Old 06-30-16, 03:54 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Got mine on 4/26/16 (just over 2 months) and have 7589 miles on it. It's my commuting vehicle.
Old 06-30-16, 04:58 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yooniverse
Got mine on 4/26/16 (just over 2 months) and have 7589 miles on it. It's my commuting vehicle.
So in California, that would be like averaging 15 MPH over 6,000 miles of the 7,589 miles driven. Dude, you are going to catch me! What's the use of having these things if you don't enjoy them!
Old 06-30-16, 07:26 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol bet you that LS is a nice daily isn't it... I have 12K miles on mine, driven hard every time
Old 06-30-16, 08:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by RCF500
Lol bet you that LS is a nice daily isn't it... I have 12K miles on mine, driven hard every time

Man, it's Awesome If there's a Better riding or road trip car i've never rode in it matter of fact it has 10k miles on it & got both of them on the same day. It's also quicker than you'd think it was
Old 06-30-16, 08:28 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Who has replaced their brakes and tires. If so with what?
Old 07-01-16, 08:13 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JB5674
Who has replaced their brakes and tires. If so with what?
Stock on both and had to replace the front rotors and wear sensors. Consider having Indie do brakes and order tires from Tire Rack yourself if you want to save $$$. I actually trust my guy more than the dudes at the dealership as he works on super high end exotics and real sports cars. The Lexus dudes (techs) are used to working on granny mobiles and RXs.

My guy ordered the pads, rotors and sensors from Lexus and even with his markup they were still cheaper. His labor was also much cheaper. I would have ALL normal services done at Lexus though. Just no reason to do stuff like brakes and heaven forbid tires at the dealership.

I suggested a few after market pads to my guy and including the Carbotechs or whatever it is guys are using on here and said don't do it, stick with the OEM.
Old 07-01-16, 11:29 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for that info. I was thinking the same
Old 07-01-16, 04:42 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Stock on both and had to replace the front rotors and wear sensors. Consider having Indie do brakes and order tires from Tire Rack yourself if you want to save $$$. I actually trust my guy more than the dudes at the dealership as he works on super high end exotics and real sports cars. The Lexus dudes (techs) are used to working on granny mobiles and RXs.

My guy ordered the pads, rotors and sensors from Lexus and even with his markup they were still cheaper. His labor was also much cheaper. I would have ALL normal services done at Lexus though. Just no reason to do stuff like brakes and heaven forbid tires at the dealership.

I suggested a few after market pads to my guy and including the Carbotechs or whatever it is guys are using on here and said don't do it, stick with the OEM.

Did your guy say Why he didn't think it was a good idea to go with the CarboTech Pads? I haven't noticed ANY difference in the stopping (though i don't track it) & i Don't have Anymore of that annoying squealing that came with the OEM pads. I'm just wondering what his reasoning could be
Old 07-01-16, 04:54 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Did your guy say Why he didn't think it was a good idea to go with the CarboTech Pads? I haven't noticed ANY difference in the stopping (though i don't track it) & i Don't have Anymore of that annoying squealing that came with the OEM pads. I'm just wondering what his reasoning could be
Nope and I didn't really ask. He simply said stay with the OEM because they were optimized for that brake system.

My OEM don't squeal and didn't after I put new rotors and pads on a few months ago. I had a little bit of squeal very early on, but cannot even recall how long it lasted.
Old 07-01-16, 05:30 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Nope and I didn't really ask. He simply said stay with the OEM because they were optimized for that brake system.

My OEM don't squeal and didn't after I put new rotors and pads on a few months ago. I had a little bit of squeal very early on, but cannot even recall how long it lasted.
Thanks Doug, i was just asking as you know i went with the CT's
Old 07-04-16, 04:52 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm at ~ 22K in just over a year. Three road trips, one was about 4500 miles in 10 days, fantastic GT car in my book. Swapped out OEM brake pads with carbo-tech when the car was new, mainly because of the brake dust. Didn't notice really any difference in brake performance. Went with Joe Z PTS exhaust system, totally satisfied with the sound and look. And prices. Just now getting to first new set of tires, plan to stick with Michelin PSS but plus sizing to 295/30/19 rear and 275/30/19 front on my premium wheel set. I figure after a couple yrs I'll go aftermarket wheels - 20" to re-invent the car with a new look. Just added the Apexi throttle controller which is a nifty gadget and makes the car feel much more aggressive when in the boost modes, which for me is all the time.

Overall pretty satisfied. I chose white which is so much easier to keep looking good and nice contrast with the CF top and wing. The one thing I lust after for the exterior is a CF hood, but that is a pricey investment as far as I can tell but I may pull the trigger on it one of these days ...

Quick Reply: How many miles have you driven your RCF?