RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

GS F vs RC F (Which is better?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-16, 07:52 AM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS F vs RC F (Which is better?)

They're basically the same car to me except one has 4 doors and is $20k more, but one has to be better right?
Old 06-29-16, 08:36 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by isMAYOan
They're basically the same car to me except one has 4 doors and is $20k more, but one has to be better right?
I own the rcf and drove the gsf extensively, they both have the same seats and dash displays. Only interior difference is HUD and controls layout, the rest is all included in options. The drive, performance and weight is near identical. The gsf is missing the hood vent and retractable spoiler which the rcf has.
The extra cost imo is paying for the GS badge, 2 extra door and slightly larger rear leg room. Not worth it imo
Old 06-29-16, 09:43 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the better question is...which will sell worse?

I am yet to see a single GS-F on the road.
Old 06-29-16, 10:30 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

FYI
For North America, GSF has power folding mirrors standard, you cannot add power folding mirror to RCF.
Old 06-29-16, 12:53 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Power folding mirrors??? Huh? That is a factor in deciding a sport car purchase. Sorry, that was hilarious.

I think the decision comes down to do you want a sedan or need a sedan or do you want a sports car and can live without the rear doors.

Looks is also my biggest factor. I bought the RCF because I really liked, and still do, the looks.

The GSF does nothing for me looks wise and there are so many better 4 door alternatives that are close in price. My wife recently picked up a Macan turbo and it is a great little car. I drive it as much as she does.

If you want more sporty and less $$$ than the Macan turbo, the Macsn GTS is a great deal.

If you need a useable back seat that works great for kids, but want to retain a sports car look and feel . . . the RCF is a STEAL for the price. I have over 27,000 miles on mine and it is rock solid and never disappoints.
The following users liked this post:
zohdex (02-08-23)
Old 06-29-16, 04:10 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Depends what the individual values...handling or practicality. The RCF is lighter and shorter, so handling is slightly better. The GSF has a more usable rear seat and trunk, while providing a more luxurious interior.
Old 06-29-16, 07:14 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dchar
Depends what the individual values...handling or practicality. The RCF is lighter and shorter, so handling is slightly better. The GSF has a more usable rear seat and trunk, while providing a more luxurious interior.
Disagree. The Rcf is 4.7 inches shorter wheel base and only 76 pounds lighter. That's a few good no. 2s and a few buffets too close. Average driver won't even notice the difference, street or track.
The interior is close to identical.
Old 06-29-16, 09:22 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Disagree. The Rcf is 4.7 inches shorter wheel base and only 76 pounds lighter. That's a few good no. 2s and a few buffets too close. Average driver won't even notice the difference, street or track.
The interior is close to identical.
I don't own both but the interiors are nowhere near identical, the dash gauges are identical but the rest of the dashboard/mid consoles are just functionally similar.

the RCF and RC 350 are near identical in interior except for the dash gauges,
Old 06-29-16, 10:34 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love both great sport car and family.
Old 06-30-16, 04:44 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by happy1977
I don't own both but the interiors are nowhere near identical, the dash gauges are identical but the rest of the dashboard/mid consoles are just functionally similar.

the RCF and RC 350 are near identical in interior except for the dash gauges,
Pay a visit to the dealer and sit in all 3 cars.
The Rcf and GSF racing seats are identical (rc350 are different), the same weak heated/ ventilated seats are identical, the dash gauges are identical, yes the dashboard layout is different. That's pretty similar interior in my books
Old 07-04-16, 03:25 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Pay a visit to the dealer and sit in all 3 cars.
The Rcf and GSF racing seats are identical (rc350 are different), the same weak heated/ ventilated seats are identical, the dash gauges are identical, yes the dashboard layout is different. That's pretty similar interior in my books
Pretty similar, not near identical.
Old 07-04-16, 06:20 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 95 Posts

Have any of you REALLY sat in GSF?!?! I call BS on most of you saying the interior is similar. I drove one for three days and it's completely different except for seats.
Old 07-04-16, 07:03 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Have any of you REALLY sat in GSF?!?! I call BS on most of you saying the interior is similar. I drove one for three days and it's completely different except for seats.
We're just talking about the looks. He stated it's near identical, I just said they're similar because of identical dash gauge and seats. And like any Toyota/lexus vehicles, the interior are somewhat FUNCTIONALLY similar (turn signal/wiper and headlamp levers, Nav screen location, radio *****/CD slot location, analog clock, etc). Do I need to elaborate more on the similarities? And not to mention the steering wheel itself.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-07-16 at 03:51 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Old 07-07-16, 03:39 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 424 Likes on 256 Posts

GSF all the way, RCF is " like " for college kids and and GSF is the mens department

I'm feeling the burn about to kick in lolol

Last edited by Boomin; 07-07-16 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-07-16, 09:07 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
GSF all the way, RCF is " like " for college kids and and GSF is the mens department

I'm feeling the burn about to kick in lolol
I Don't know ANY college kids that could afford EITHER of these cars unless their family has the BIG Bucks to buy it for them & i'm almost certain if you go to Any college you're NOT going to see an RCF . GSF is in the men's department IF they have a family & Can't get the wife to get a Family vehicle, hence WHY the man has to get one. I guess i've never been attracted to a 4-door car, especially IF you're thinking it's a SPORTS car But, i guess IF you have to have 4-doors & you're wanting something Sporty & you have a Family i guess that's it. Unless, your wife will let you get a 2-door Sports car & she will drive the SUV or soccer van

I mean IF you're still single are you REALLY going to try & impress you girl with a 4-DOOR C'MON MAN! 4-Doors are for Married Men with NO other Option

Last edited by johnnyreb; 07-07-16 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: GS F vs RC F (Which is better?)