RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-16, 08:01 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy

First and foremost, I owe Josh a big shout out from Meraki Autoworks. Man this dude works at lightening fast speed. I ordered the exhaust yesterday afternoon and it showed up to my door this afternoon. Seriously, less than 24 hours! He beat Amazon in price and delivery!!

The entire process start to finish took 45 mins. I wanted to get the exhaust on the car asap. 4 shops later and one quote as high as 300 bucks ( I laughed in that mechanics face, he clearly was trying to take advantage due to the car - attempting to charge more ). Exhaust went on for 120 bucks. Again, under an hour so I thought it was fair.

Overall, I love the sound. A lot louder than the joe-z. The sound is raw and it's loud. I'm ordering PPE headers soon too, so I'm sure the car will really be " there " once that happens.

Outside of the borla exhaust, the car has had an rr-racing titanium intake w/ Apexi filter.

I'll post videos shortly.......

Stock cat back

Stock mid pipe

Hardest part of the install was the removal of the 02 sensor

Rear stock axel back

Stock mid-pipe ( with resonator delete )

Stock muffler

New borla muffler and tips

Removal of stock axel back

Installation of the borla x pipe

Left side installation of the borla axel back

Center section being bolted up after the mid-pipe
Old 06-24-16, 09:02 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Nice! Record a sound clip
Old 06-24-16, 09:55 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

That Meraki Autoworks service.

Glad you like the under 24 hour turnaround and exhaust sound!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-24-16, 09:55 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Look nice I wonder how much hp gain?
Old 06-25-16, 03:28 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Sound clip!!!
Old 06-25-16, 03:32 AM
JB5674
Advanced

https://vimeo.com/172208826
Old 06-25-16, 03:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Sounds great!
Old 06-27-16, 06:45 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks great. Interesting, I always felt the Joe Z was much louder than the Borla was on the IS F. I wonder what changed with the RC F. I couldn't tell from the pictures, but are the Borla mufflers painted black? They looked darker than SS, but I wasn't sure if I was just seeing reflections.
Old 06-27-16, 11:02 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Looks great. Interesting, I always felt the Joe Z was much louder than the Borla was on the IS F. I wonder what changed with the RC F. I couldn't tell from the pictures, but are the Borla mufflers painted black? They looked darker than SS, but I wasn't sure if I was just seeing reflections.
Definitely black on the back face of the muffler. Not sure if that is from the factory or he did it himself. Wise decision, either way.
Old 06-27-16, 07:26 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Yes they are darker ( came from Borla this way )

The RCF Borla is a lot louder than the joeZ. The JoeZ is tame. This is loud. My friends literally heard me from over a 1/2 away when going to pick them up. It makes the car sound like a v8 and the shifting is crazy. I can't wait to do my first tunnel run!
Old 06-27-16, 09:40 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds awesome! Please put up some more videos
Old 06-27-16, 09:58 PM
dbturbo2
Driver School Candidate

Sounds fantastic, would love to hear a clip of the interior sound level with windows up if you get a chance.
Old 06-28-16, 12:21 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

The people want more video clips Josh!! Help them out!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-28-16, 12:54 PM
JB5674
Advanced

When I have some time, I'll make more videos for all. Google Borla RCF exhaust and they have interior clips.
My Amg crew buddies envy the RCF now. The 2-3 shift at WOT and the downshifts are quite the music to my ear.
I'm about to order the ppe el headers and started to contemplate how loud this damn car will get. From rcf500's posts it seems like it might get raspy. I'll say this. I wasn't paying 5k plus for something you don't see. It's an exhaust not wheels. Likewise, the borla on the rr racing track car was the best sounding v8 ive been exposed to. I wanted to go the custom route since Rafi has the bazooka system ( aka muffler delete ) yet was worried about loss of performance. I listened to just about every damn sound clip I could find and thought that the Borla sounded the best to me. Cost was the same for custom vs a truly developed system. Borla it was. Anyone on the fence, just place your order. You'll be happy once it's on. I do have dyno numbers of my car and I would like to get new dyno numbers now. With the rr-racing titanium intake and Apexi drop in - I was at 403. Rafi dyno' the car and his dyno numbers aren't fluff. Simply put, the dude knows too much and is too much of a stickler for misrepresentation. I can feel 2-3 pull harder and 3-4!really gets away from you. I drive in yellow on my Apexi TC most of the time with purple on the highway and red for race only. I find red too twitchy on the gas and don't like breaking the back end out always. It's a fun car. Love the sound. Everyone complements me. Hope this helps

More to come
JB
Old 06-28-16, 01:04 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JB5674
When I have some time, I'll make more videos for all. Google Borla RCF exhaust and they have interior clips.
My Amg crew buddies envy the RCF now. The 2-3 shift at WOT and the downshifts are quite the music to my ear.
I'm about to order the ppe el headers and started to contemplate how loud this damn car will get. From rcf500's posts it seems like it might get raspy. I'll say this. I wasn't paying 5k plus for something you don't see. It's an exhaust not wheels. Likewise, the borla on the rr racing track car was the best sounding v8 ive been exposed to. I wanted to go the custom route since Rafi has the bazooka system ( aka muffler delete ) yet was worried about loss of performance. I listened to just about every damn sound clip I could find and thought that the Borla sounded the best to me. Cost was the same for custom vs a truly developed system. Borla it was. Anyone on the fence, just place your order. You'll be happy once it's on. I do have dyno numbers of my car and I would like to get new dyno numbers now. With the rr-racing titanium intake and Apexi drop in - I was at 403. Rafi dyno' the car and his dyno numbers aren't fluff. Simply put, the dude knows too much and is too much of a stickler for misrepresentation. I can feel 2-3 pull harder and 3-4!really gets away from you. I drive in yellow on my Apexi TC most of the time with purple on the highway and red for race only. I find red too twitchy on the gas and don't like breaking the back end out always. It's a fun car. Love the sound. Everyone complements me. Hope this helps

More to come
JB
Thanks! I am so glad you put this video up, I had no idea the borla would sound so good. That is the exact exhaust note I am looking for, it has that more exotic aggressive sound. I am waiting for some dyno numbers from borla. I just want to see if it gets similar gains as the apexi and joe z, which I am almost sure it does. There is a RCF borla video on YouTube with interior sound and it doesn't seem to be any drone as well, is that your experience as well?

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy