RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-16, 07:07 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
A very good price! Another customer couldn't resist the price and pulled the plug! PM me or text me for a price quote picked up since you are local to me!

-Josh
Thanks for the PM. One question, Is that for cat back?
Old 07-02-16, 09:59 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
Thanks for the PM. One question, Is that for cat back?
Yes full catback exhaust.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-05-16, 09:58 PM
estoyf
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any fitment issues with the TVD?
Old 07-05-16, 10:23 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds great
Old 07-06-16, 06:21 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by estoyf
Any fitment issues with the TVD?
Your question doesnt seem to be valid. Where the Tvd would lie, the pipe bows out. This system was made for the car by one of the longest exhaust manufacturing companies in the game. I took a lot of pics so folks can see actually how easy it is to install. Likewise, I didn't get the tvd due to lack of sunroof. I can't not not drive without a sunroof. With the Penske coils from rr-racing paired with their usrs bushing upgrade a tvd is really not needed. My car is more nimble than most modified golf r's. I've track tested the car, as well as Rafi from RR Racing. I spoke to borla prior to purchasing this system ( fair warning - they are not much help ). I'd download and compare photos yet everything I've read and researched prior to the purchase didn't allude to any issues for a tvd equipt car. Secondary cats are removed thus the system is for " off road use "

If I can be of assistance, please drop a pm and we can chat
- JB
Old 07-06-16, 10:21 AM
estoyf
Rookie

just wanted to know whether the borla system would have any fitment issues on RCFs equipped with TVD, thats it. thanks, i guess?
Old 07-08-16, 07:40 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Your question doesnt seem to be valid. Where the Tvd would lie, the pipe bows out. This system was made for the car by one of the longest exhaust manufacturing companies in the game. I took a lot of pics so folks can see actually how easy it is to install. Likewise, I didn't get the tvd due to lack of sunroof. I can't not not drive without a sunroof. With the Penske coils from rr-racing paired with their usrs bushing upgrade a tvd is really not needed. My car is more nimble than most modified golf r's. I've track tested the car, as well as Rafi from RR Racing. I spoke to borla prior to purchasing this system ( fair warning - they are not much help ). I'd download and compare photos yet everything I've read and researched prior to the purchase didn't allude to any issues for a tvd equipt car. Secondary cats are removed thus the system is for " off road use "

If I can be of assistance, please drop a pm and we can chat
- JB
Having fitment issues on an RCF with TVD is possible. 1st generation apexi exhaust system had an issue with this which they corrected later on.
Old 07-08-16, 07:47 AM
estoyf
Rookie

no one knows the direct answer to this question, even borla. every answer i've gotten is an educated guess at best. the closest to a direct answer was "it shouldn't have fitment problems, thats why they only offer one model and not a TVD and non-TVD model"

wasn't good enough of an answer for me. i did not feel like being the guinea pig. for that reason, i purchased the Joe-Z exhaust yesterday.
Old 07-08-16, 11:04 AM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Having fitment issues on an RCF with TVD is possible. 1st generation apexi exhaust system had an issue with this which they corrected later on.
I met the Apexi guys at their shop and I must say I was quite impressed with their thoughtfulness in designing the thing. Typical Japanese quality reveals itself on my TVD car as I'm pretty cut throat w/ expectations.

Really chill guys there, too! I did have mine ceramic coated to keep things in check with my love for blacked out vehicles. I told them they should offer this as an option and to also make a proper set of headers w/ no drama like OEM.

Just offering up my experience with a great product! Hope no one takes offense in this Borla thread.

Old 07-09-16, 01:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Another happy customer!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 07-09-16, 04:38 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very happy customer

First of all Josh is an awesome guy to do business with, now if you were on the fence about which exhaust to get take my word for it this Borla is remarkable!!!! I will get some videos up tomorrow. ZERO DRONE!!! sounds like a race car. It took the muffler shop exactly 40min to install while having a conversation with me at the same time. It will keep a smile on your face every time you touch the pedal.
Old 07-09-16, 04:52 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Danblanco
First of all Josh is an awesome guy to do business with, now if you were on the fence about which exhaust to get take my word for it this Borla is remarkable!!!! I will get some videos up tomorrow. ZERO DRONE!!! sounds like a race car. It took the muffler shop exactly 40min to install while having a conversation with me at the same time. It will keep a smile on your face every time you touch the pedal.
Couldn't of said it better!!! Glad you're enjoying it. Like me watch your mpg's drop!!
Old 07-10-16, 01:19 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by JB5674
Couldn't of said it better!!! Glad you're enjoying it. Like me watch your mpg's drop!!
Thanks guys!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 07-11-16, 01:49 AM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case you were still on the fence about the Borla exhaust, come take a quick ride with me. Enjoy the symphony!

Old 07-11-16, 11:47 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Just in case you were still on the fence about the Borla exhaust, come take a quick ride with me. Enjoy the symphony!

https://youtu.be/P2N6PZbTB6k
..Wow that cold start.. I'm buying this exhaust even though I don't have the car..

-Josh

Orange County, CA

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy