RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

offical key card part number for the RCF

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-16, 09:46 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts
Default offical key card part number for the RCF

When I decided I wanted the key card for my RCF I couldn't find any specific part numbers for the RCF or RC350 for that matter. .

While there are several posts here and on other Lexus sites with various part numbers that do work, none of those came up as an actual match to my VIN at the dealer.
as such I was hesitant to buy one because there was no guaranty it would work, plus they were all the generic part numbers for the key card without the "F" logo.

The service adviser I use at my dealer also owns an RCF and he couldn't find a match in the system either until this past April.

I finally ordered mine and had it programmed this past weekend.

KEY CARD PART NUMBER FOR 15 RCF 89904-24020 MSRP: $260.00
SHANK PART # 15 RCF 69515-30350 MSRP: $45.82

I ordered mine from LexusPartsNow.com for $165.00; $100. less than my dealer was asking.. $50 at the dealer to program and cut the key, everything works perfect.

so for anyone looking for the RCF official part number, this is the key card with the "F" logo and if you have an "F" VIN then the Lexus parts system should show it as a match..

Last edited by mjeds; 01-31-18 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-19-16, 10:03 PM
JDLion
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
When I decided I wanted the key card for my RCF I couldn't find any specific part numbers for the RCF or RC350 for that matter. .

While there are several posts here and on other Lexus sites with various part numbers that do work, none of those came up as an actual match to my VIN at the dealer.
as such I was hesitant to buy one because there was no guaranty it would work, plus they were all the generic part numbers for the key card without the "F" logo.

The service adviser I use at my dealer also owns an RCF and he couldn't find a match in the system either until this past April.

I finally ordered mine and had it programmed this past weekend.

KEY CARD PART NUMBER FOR 15 RCF 89904-24020 MSRP: $260.00
SHANK PART # 15 RCF 69515-30350 MSRP: $45.82

I ordered mine from LexusPartsNow.com for $165.00; $100. less than my dealer was asking.. $50 at the dealer to program and cut the key, everything works perfect.

so for anyone looking for the RCF official part number, this is the key card with the "F" logo and if you have an "F" VIN then the Lexus parts system should show it as a match..

Awsome, I was waiting to buy one of these. I didn't want to get those compatible ones cause I wanted that unique F logo on the card. I checked the website and it list the card for 190.28. How did you get your for 165? Also which dealer did you get yours program from. I was quoted 200 to get just the key card programed.
Old 06-19-16, 11:39 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDLion
Awsome, I was waiting to buy one of these. I didn't want to get those compatible ones cause I wanted that unique F logo on the card. I checked the website and it list the card for 190.28. How did you get your for 165? Also which dealer did you get yours program from. I was quoted 200 to get just the key card programed.
it was $165.28 when I ordered it in April. looks like the price went up.

My dealer is Santa Monica Lexus. They only charged me $50 for the programming.

I would suggest if you order it online you leave it sealed in the Lexus wrap when bringing it to the dealer, The service advisor advised me when I called and asked about programming that they don't like to program customer supplied Fobs/remotes because there is no guaranty that an open item wasn't programmed to another car, so if I was bringing one in make sure it was still sealed in the Lexus packaging.
Old 06-20-16, 04:55 PM
JDLion
Driver School Candidate

it was $165.28 when I ordered it in April. looks like the price went up.

My dealer is Santa Monica Lexus. They only charged me $50 for the programming.

I would suggest if you order it online you leave it sealed in the Lexus wrap when bringing it to the dealer, The service advisor advised me when I called and asked about programming that they don't like to program customer supplied Fobs/remotes because there is no guaranty that an open item wasn't programmed to another car, so if I was bringing one in make sure it was still sealed in the Lexus packaging.
You're lucky they just quoted me 400+ to program the key and cut the shank.
Old 06-20-16, 07:38 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice! If you don't get the shank, is the slot covered up in the wallet card or is there a gap?
Old 06-20-16, 09:38 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Nice! If you don't get the shank, is the slot covered up in the wallet card or is there a gap?
there is a gap/hole
Old 06-20-16, 09:47 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

You're lucky they just quoted me 400+ to program the key and cut the shank.
Santa Monica Lexus? are you serious.. I'll scan and post up my invoice that shows the $50 charge.

The fob was $165 online (as stated above appears to be $190 now)
The shank was $48 for the shank and the cut.
Programming was $50
Old 06-21-16, 08:42 AM
JDLion
Driver School Candidate

Santa Monica Lexus? are you serious.. I'll scan and post up my invoice that shows the $50 charge.

The fob was $165 online (as stated above appears to be $190 now)
The shank was $48 for the shank and the cut.
Programming was $50
yeah here's a quote from the email:

"I received your email. As per your inquiry regarding the price for an additional key programming and shank cut will be $425.00, and it will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes."

If you can post the invoice or PM it to me that'd be awesome.
Old 06-21-16, 10:42 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

yeah here's a quote from the email:

"I received your email. As per your inquiry regarding the price for an additional key programming and shank cut will be $425.00, and it will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes."

If you can post the invoice or PM it to me that'd be awesome.
yeah I'll scan it tonight and pm you.

programming takes less than 15 minutes. shank cut took all of 5 minutes. FWIW I did buy the shank from Santa Monica Lexus, not online as I didn't want to provide my key code to an online vendor.
Old 07-01-16, 01:56 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got mine today and will go in to program it tomorrow. Do you mind sending me a pm as well
Old 07-01-16, 02:02 PM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

yeah I'll scan it tonight and pm you.

programming takes less than 15 minutes. shank cut took all of 5 minutes. FWIW I did buy the shank from Santa Monica Lexus, not online as I didn't want to provide my key code to an online vendor.
Thanks to mjeds for the solid bit of info. FWIW, I had Santa Monica Lexus program and cut the shank for $50 + tax. I purchased via the link mjeds provided. They're a dealer located in Atlanta based on the invoice. I didn't have to share any kind of key code to place the order online for both card and shank. Lett me share that Doug Elliott is one of the chillest SA's I've ever dealt with across multiple luxury brands i've come to experience as owner.

The quality of the card itself is typical japanese good (denso). However, if you stuff it in your pocket, lint gets stuck to the grooves on the top face of the card (logo side) as it's put together by an adhesive of some kind.

Last edited by CYKBC; 07-01-16 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-01-16, 02:58 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ZAM
I just got mine today and will go in to program it tomorrow. Do you mind sending me a pm as well
pm me your email address. can't upload a PDF via PM.
Old 07-01-16, 02:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ZAM
Originally Posted by CYKBC
Thanks to mjeds for the solid bit of info. FWIW, I had Santa Monica Lexus program and cut the shank for $50 + tax. I purchased via the link mjeds provided. They're a dealer located in Atlanta based on the invoice. I didn't have to share any kind of key code to place the order online for both card and shank. Lett me share that Doug Elliott is one of the chillest SA's I've ever dealt with across multiple luxury brands i've come to experience as owner.

The quality of the card itself is typical japanese good (denso). However, if you stuff it in your pocket, lint gets stuck to the grooves on the top face of the card (logo side) as it's put together by an adhesive of some kind.
Doug is a very cool guy, and he drives an RC as well so that makes him that much cooler.
Old 01-31-18, 08:26 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CYKBC

check these out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Key...s=Make%3ALexus
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Key...s=Make%3ALexus

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-Genui...-/221706004217

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-Money...id=p5731.m3795

Last edited by mjeds; 01-31-18 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-31-18, 03:03 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

That part is now $230! Dang, does anyone know where they can get it cheaper? Found it at this site for $210

https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D