RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Gotta say the RC F is the best deal on the market tiday

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16, 09:15 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Tell me where I can find an identical wife?!

Does she work for Porsche or vw?
I know right!

She was a Russian investment banker. She left BofA Merril Lynch Global Markets when Russia tanked during Ukraine mess after US/SA dove oil prices down. US Banks did a massive pull back from Russian markets and left some of her closest friends back in Russia with whom she had accounts very compromised. She got pissed and walked away.

She cannot sit still so she recently started selling cars for a Sonic owned Mercedes dealership. 2 months there and she was number 2 salesperson both months.

She got an offer Friday with a high end exotic used dealership (Ferrari, Masserati, Lambo, Bentley, Porsche, BMW . . .) with a 5 figure per month draw and they close at 6:00 everyday.

She starts this Friday, they let employees bring cars home for the weekend and we can purchase at cost.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-30-16 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 11:42 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
I know right!

She was a Russian investment banker. She left BofA Merril Lynch Global Markets when Russia tanked during Ukraine mess after US/SA dove oil prices down. US Banks did a massive pull back from Russian markets and left some of her closest friends back in Russia with whom she had accounts very compromised. She got pissed and walked away.

She cannot sit still so she recently started selling cars for a Sonic owned Mercedes dealership. 2 months there and she was number 2 salesperson both months.

She got an offer Friday with a high end exotic used dealership (Ferrari, Masserati, Lambo, Bentley, Porsche, BMW . . .) with a 5 figure per month draw and they close at 6:00 everyday.

She starts this Friday, they let employees bring cars home for the weekend and we can purchase at cost.
Sounds like you never have to get a high end car again, what's better then driving and not having to pay the maintenance. It's like a clean / free prostitute that leaves when your done and never bothers you lol
Old 05-30-16, 12:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^Aww Come On
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-16, 01:54 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Sounds like you never have to get a high end car again, what's better then driving and not having to pay the maintenance. It's like a clean / free prostitute that leaves when your done and never bothers you lol
You had me right up until that prostitute part.
Old 05-30-16, 06:00 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
You had me right up until that prostitute part.
hhahaaha
Old 06-01-16, 09:17 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

This is my second RC-F. I loved the first one so much I traded it in for a fully-optioned carbon model. Hands down, I couldn't agree more with DougHII - the RC-F really is a steal. As far as the usual complaints - weight, power, etc., I could have bought a Porsche, Jaguar F-Type R, or a myriad of other vehicles that are lighter and/or more powerful. The RC-F is exactly what I want: a comfortable, reliable daily that turns into a fire-breathing beast when necessary.

As to the comment that "most people with RCF money ($150k+/year household and little debt) would rather drive a BMW, Mercedes, Audi or Porsche. Hell even a Cadillac," with all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about. Most of my friends and colleagues (myself included) have a household income in the $300-500k range. They all primarily drive Lexus products. Many of my clients - some worth $100MM - also prefer the Lexus brand.
Old 06-01-16, 11:52 AM
wordsworth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyJames
This is my second RC-F. I loved the first one so much I traded it in for a fully-optioned carbon model.
What are your thoughts between the two? We probably all have our own preferences in terms of aesthetics and moonroof, but what about the TVD? Any noticeable differences?
Old 06-01-16, 12:38 PM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wordsworth
What are your thoughts between the two? We probably all have our own preferences in terms of aesthetics and moonroof, but what about the TVD? Any noticeable differences?
I obviously like them both, but aesthetics aside (I much prefer the carbon; not a moonroof fan), the TVD is pretty cool. I haven't tracked it yet, but during aggressive driving in either slalom or tack mode, the car just feels more planted and tight. Frankly, and I've seen this in a couple of reviews, the car is so good, you think you're a better driver than you actually are. Moreover, in track mode, sport+ and sans traction control, you can do some stupid stuff. I added the Joe-Z exhaust, and things can now get downright scary...