Newb to lexus trying to get rc-f

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-16, 07:15 PM
SHOEZILLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb to lexus trying to get rc-f

CLUB LEXUS,

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD. LET ME INTRODUCE MY SELF. I AM LOCATED IN SACRAMENTO AND BEEN AROUND THE CAR SCENE FOR AWHILE THANKS TO MY OLDER BROTHER AND HIS FRIENDS. I CURRENTLY OWN A 2009 GT-R, I HAD THE CAR LITTLE OVER 3 YEARS AND LOVE IT TO DEATH. I WILL SOON BE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW CAR FOR MY "WIFE" SHHH DON'T TELL HER THAT THOUGH AND ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE WITH THE RC-F. LEXUS OUT DID THEMSELVES WITH THIS BEAST AND NOW I HAVE TO HAVE ONE. MY FAMILY IS ALL ABOUT BMW AND THE M POWER AND I RECENTLY TOLD MY OLDER FRIEND WHO IS AN M VETERAN THAT I WANT A RC-F, HE ROASTED ME ALIVE WHEN I TOLD HIM I AM GOING WITH THE RC-F OVER AN M. I NEVER DROVE A F AND NEED INPUT. I AM SURE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM MADE THE JUMP FROM AN M TO AN F AND FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ALSO DON'T GET ME WRONG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GT-R BUT IT IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE FOR LONG DISTANT TRAVELING ESPECIALLY WHEN MY WIFE IS WITH ME. I KNOW BY ME GETTING MY WIFE AND I A LEXUS WE WILL GET THAT LUXURY FEEL WITH THE PERFORMANCE TO GO ALONG WITH IT. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING RC-F OWNERS AND REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO OWNING ONE SOON.

PS: COLOR OF CHOICE IS WHITE AND FIRST THINGS FIRST IS GETTING A SET OF TE37 ULTRAS IN THE BULETPROOF GOLD

ALSO HERE IS A PIC OF MY GT-R ENJOY
Name:  image_2.jpeg
Views: 848
Size:  112.2 KB

I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING ADVAN GT'S WRAPPED IN MICHELIN PSS, AUTO SLECT FRONT LIP, REVOZPORT TRUNK ON AMUSE COIL OVERS AND BEEN LOVING THIS SET UP.
Old 05-17-16, 08:23 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sick GTR man! As far as the jump between M to F, I can't say much since I have been Lexus Day 1. I am also in the market for an RCF and was debating with the M4. Its just personal choice. M4 is a great choice but just not for me. Some aspects are better in the M4, as its almost 400 pounds lighter, but BMW designs are worn out. Every single car on the road looks the same. You need to look at the length to see if its a 5 series or 7. But with Lexus, your with your car most of the time, and not a dealership waiting for repairs. From what I heard, BMW's last the first couple thousand miles, so they are best leased. Lexus Designs are different as in every car in the lineup has different characteristics and one point of unity, The spindle Grill. Every Lexus car has distinctive and unique look. And with the RCF I guarantee you will break more necks!

Moral of story, The RCF is truly and everyday car and just as capable on a track as an M4!

Hope this helps with your decision making!
Old 05-18-16, 10:38 AM
SHOEZILLA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ShahG
Sick GTR man! As far as the jump between M to F, I can't say much since I have been Lexus Day 1. I am also in the market for an RCF and was debating with the M4. Its just personal choice. M4 is a great choice but just not for me. Some aspects are better in the M4, as its almost 400 pounds lighter, but BMW designs are worn out. Every single car on the road looks the same. You need to look at the length to see if its a 5 series or 7. But with Lexus, your with your car most of the time, and not a dealership waiting for repairs. From what I heard, BMW's last the first couple thousand miles, so they are best leased. Lexus Designs are different as in every car in the lineup has different characteristics and one point of unity, The spindle Grill. Every Lexus car has distinctive and unique look. And with the RCF I guarantee you will break more necks!

Moral of story, The RCF is truly and everyday car and just as capable on a track as an M4!

Hope this helps with your decision making!
Thanks for your input brotha man. you make very solid points. first thing is you're spot on about the two body types. bmw did make the new m's more agressive with the front bumper and rear bumpers but everything is still pretty much the same. with the rc-f they changed every aspect of the car and looks amazing plus its a v8 can't wait to hear that down shift . the front of the car is what caught my eye with that aggressive face. also one thing you mentioned is that lexus our built to last which is another reason why i am looking forward to owning the rc-f. when i get a car i hold on to it so owning a reliable car is crucial. hopefully i can make it to a dealer soon and see if they can let me test drive one. i only saw one rc-f in sacramento right now and did not get a chance to meet the owner. if anyone from sacramento is willing to meet up with me so i can take a look at one that will be great!
Old 05-18-16, 04:47 PM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Outclasses the M4 for overall style - interior and exterior. A few mods and you end up with some amazing performance which will blow away the M. I have tracked my car and there are no ill effects. The car is built to last.
Old 05-18-16, 05:05 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

All the reviews I've read had the RCF finishing less than a second around the track. Pretty impressive considering the weight disadvantage, plus u get better reliability long term
Old 05-18-16, 05:56 PM
papasmurf1
Rookie

It comes down to the driver my buddy who is a good driver tracks his RCF all the time and beats m3 and m4's all the time
Old 05-19-16, 05:39 AM
bodigitty
Driver School Candidate

Default New to Lexus club as well

Hey guys, I am new to the lexis club as well. Your GTR is beautiful!!! I bought an rcf about 7 weeks ago and love it. It has the perfect combination of luxury and let's go racing at the track. I to was somewhat torn between the BMW, Audi S6 & the rcf. The two things that made my mind up was that it is a Toyota so endurance, reliability and resale value are excellent, as well as, there is not another one every ten feet you drive down the road. I also enjoy having a naturally aspirated V8 that sounds incredible. I have been taking it to the road track and am quite impressed given its weight. I think engine placement and where the engine weight is distributed has really added to the handling I think. A few weeks ago I was racing with a fully track ready M3, it was all tricked out. I had to pass him 3 times in good conditions. With that being said I believe the M3 is a little faster on a track just not on that day. I love this rcf and think it would make a great car for you and your wife.

Does anyone have any exhaust recommendations / advice. Also, should I remove the cats ect.. And any thoughts on suspension would be a big help. Thanks guys. Excited to be here.
Old 05-19-16, 05:50 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bodigitty
Hey guys, I am new to the lexis club as well. Your GTR is beautiful!!! I bought an rcf about 7 weeks ago and love it. It has the perfect combination of luxury and let's go racing at the track. I to was somewhat torn between the BMW, Audi S6 & the rcf. The two things that made my mind up was that it is a Toyota so endurance, reliability and resale value are excellent, as well as, there is not another one every ten feet you drive down the road. I also enjoy having a naturally aspirated V8 that sounds incredible. I have been taking it to the road track and am quite impressed given its weight. I think engine placement and where the engine weight is distributed has really added to the handling I think. A few weeks ago I was racing with a fully track ready M3, it was all tricked out. I had to pass him 3 times in good conditions. With that being said I believe the M3 is a little faster on a track just not on that day. I love this rcf and think it would make a great car for you and your wife.

Does anyone have any exhaust recommendations / advice. Also, should I remove the cats ect.. And any thoughts on suspension would be a big help. Thanks guys. Excited to be here.
Welcome to the [F]amily, and glad you're enjoying the F. As to your question, I just installed the Joe-Z/PTS exhaust. The quality is fantastic and the F now sounds like a monster. There's plenty of clips on here of the Joe-Z in action; check 'em out and happy modding!
Old 05-19-16, 10:53 AM
n2knee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHOEZILLA
CLUB LEXUS,

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD. LET ME INTRODUCE MY SELF. I AM LOCATED IN SACRAMENTO AND BEEN AROUND THE CAR SCENE FOR AWHILE THANKS TO MY OLDER BROTHER AND HIS FRIENDS. I CURRENTLY OWN A 2009 GT-R, I HAD THE CAR LITTLE OVER 3 YEARS AND LOVE IT TO DEATH. I WILL SOON BE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW CAR FOR MY "WIFE" SHHH DON'T TELL HER THAT THOUGH AND ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE WITH THE RC-F. LEXUS OUT DID THEMSELVES WITH THIS BEAST AND NOW I HAVE TO HAVE ONE. MY FAMILY IS ALL ABOUT BMW AND THE M POWER AND I RECENTLY TOLD MY OLDER FRIEND WHO IS AN M VETERAN THAT I WANT A RC-F, HE ROASTED ME ALIVE WHEN I TOLD HIM I AM GOING WITH THE RC-F OVER AN M. I NEVER DROVE A F AND NEED INPUT. I AM SURE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM MADE THE JUMP FROM AN M TO AN F AND FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ALSO DON'T GET ME WRONG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GT-R BUT IT IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE FOR LONG DISTANT TRAVELING ESPECIALLY WHEN MY WIFE IS WITH ME. I KNOW BY ME GETTING MY WIFE AND I A LEXUS WE WILL GET THAT LUXURY FEEL WITH THE PERFORMANCE TO GO ALONG WITH IT. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING RC-F OWNERS AND REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO OWNING ONE SOON.

PS: COLOR OF CHOICE IS WHITE AND FIRST THINGS FIRST IS GETTING A SET OF TE37 ULTRAS IN THE BULETPROOF GOLD

ALSO HERE IS A PIC OF MY GT-R ENJOY

I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING ADVAN GT'S WRAPPED IN MICHELIN PSS, AUTO SLECT FRONT LIP, REVOZPORT TRUNK ON AMUSE COIL OVERS AND BEEN LOVING THIS SET UP.
Nice GT-R. First thing you need to ask is will you be hauling adults in the back? Kids and small size adults should be fine in the back, but I would not use it for a long drive. IMHO there is not much room in the back seat for passengers to be comfortable during a long drive. But one thing is for sure. Lexus knows how to make beautiful interiors.
Old 05-23-16, 11:48 AM
SHOEZILLA
Driver School Candidate

finally was able to see the RC-F on te37's personally not my color choice but car is beautiful. still want to see the RC-F in white before i make up my mind.
Name:  image_5.jpeg
Views: 844
Size:  297.8 KB
Name:  image_6.jpeg
Views: 850
Size:  362.3 KB