RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Sigh

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-16, 10:03 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I get what you are saying.

But I just can not help by looking at the picture. And the picture reveals many clues. Two things, among many other clues are the fact that the pick up truck's front license plate is almost falling off like he had already hit something before and did not bother to fix it (Ok, you say this may have just happened one hour ago or 5 minutes ago and he did not have the time yet to straighten out his front license plate. Ok, I'll give you that ). The other thing I noticed is the driver of the pickup truck is WAY over the yellow line marking the parking stall!! Come on, either that driver is drunk/under the influence or simply can not see and has some type of medical problems or such. I mean if I parked like that I can almost bet my car will get keyed.

Yes, the pickup truck does fit what the driver does for a living. Nothing wrong with pickup trucks. I used to drive a pickup truck too. Wished I still got it sometimes and I don't really have to worry where I park it as much.

My comments were just my observations from the OP picture. I did not say it is some IA or whomever for that matter. It is the lack of respect for other people's property that is the issue. I guess I'm just more observant than most.

So now we know more of the facts per the OP as such the driver may have a medical condition which he may not be able to drive as safely as he should.

BTW, a few years ago on an afternoon before I was going to trade in my old vehicle I was driving around in a shopping center parking lot. I stopped to wait for a car to back out of a parking stall. Yes I had my signals on patiently waiting. Out of no where, the car next to the car trying to back out all of the sudden backed out at full speed like on some drag strip and hit me full force. I thought it must be some teenager. But as it turned out it was a VERY VERY VERY ELDERLY lady shaking and speechless in the driver's seat. I thought better call an ambulance as she did not look all that good. Anyway, at the end nobody was hurt. But my soon to be traded in car the next day is all messed up. I offered to call an ambulance and police, but the elderly lady simply told me she had no insurance and she is not supposed to be driving aND asked me not to call. I looked at her in disbelief and asked her to repeat it again. I called but was told since nobody really got hurt and it happened on private property to simply exchange each others information. So at the end I did not have the heart to hold the elderly lady hostage and we departed . I really wanted to somehow make sure she does not drive again, but I figure I'll just go on and sort this out the next day at the car dealer with a damaged trade in 😕

Originally Posted by Frog98
Probably has more to do with a lack of responsibility than the fact he drives a work truck. Crummy that this happened, but has nothing to do with the way the man makes a living or what vehicle he drives. This is an ugly look for Clublexus.
Old 05-14-16, 10:11 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
You know what, its exactly what I thought, i was thinking maybe this individual is an older person and had some kinda medical issue or whatsoever before parking his truck...sad times...
That's age discrimination and totally offensive to all of the older folks out there that can drive just fine. Unbelievable!!!!!!??!!?!!?!??!!!!
Old 05-14-16, 10:19 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

BTW, my wife is an alien and she cannot drive for crap, but she is getting better. She never drove a car until she arrived to the states and was around 24 years old. Pretty common for no one to drive in Novosibirsk, Siberia, even though it is a city of about 6 million.

I have also spent a whole of time south of the border surfing since the early 80s. Dude, those guys in Mexico drive like crap and are kkkkkrrraaazy in the streets, perhaps as bad as the drivers in my wife's home city. Drivers in Russia are down right scary though. Outside of Moscow and St. Petersberg, there are no traffic control signs or lines in the roads and the roads have pot holes all over the place. It's nuts and very dangerous.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-14-16 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-14-16, 06:30 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
That's age discrimination and totally offensive to all of the older folks out there that can drive just fine. Unbelievable!!!!!!??!!?!!?!??!!!!

So cute...
Old 05-15-16, 04:55 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Drivers in Russia are down right scary though.
You ain't kidding!! I've actually been down right freaked out from driving over there. I'll also add that Johnyreb has always been a great poster and I've respected him as a member on this forum. Cracks me up how some people all of a sudden get a moral compass on the Internet, especially some of those in this thread who come on the RCF forum to stir the pot. You know who I'm talking to....

I can remember when I lived in Vegas and the police started using some crazy scanner that could run something like 500 tags a second by just simply driving in traffic..... Lots of people getting nailed for no insurance. So many tickets were being written that people starting *****ing about privacy issues from it. Believe they had to drop the program. They actually had a Prius with the scanner on the roof....
Old 05-15-16, 06:51 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
You ain't kidding!! I've actually been down right freaked out from driving over there. I'll also add that Johnyreb has always been a great poster and I've respected him as a member on this forum. Cracks me up how some people all of a sudden get a moral compass on the Internet, especially some of those in this thread who come on the RCF forum to stir the pot. You know who I'm talking to....

I can remember when I lived in Vegas and the police started using some crazy scanner that could run something like 500 tags a second by just simply driving in traffic..... Lots of people getting nailed for no insurance. So many tickets were being written that people starting *****ing about privacy issues from it. Believe they had to drop the program. They actually had a Prius with the scanner on the roof....
Like the ones with no RCF and always have a hint of negativity about the RCF in some form or fashion.

Which part of Russia. We are going to get the mother in law in June to bring her over for about 4 to 6 months. That place is nuts!

Yep, hate for overly sensitive PC moral high horse brigade run a very nice and gracious guy off.

Oh my, technology is pretty dang scary these days. Life is just way too complicated now.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-15-16 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-17-16, 05:57 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I realize this is a hot issue. But the elderly lady who hit me while my vehicle was standing still waiting for the guy to back out of a parking stall WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO DRIVE AT ALL. She was in the stall next to the car trying to back out.

SHE asked not to call the police.

I just did not have the heart to hold her hostage since she did not even have coverage. I just went on and sorted things out later. I guess it was my time to contribute to the cause, whatever it was. I was out a couple of grand less at the trade in the next day. Well, life goes on.

Old 05-18-16, 05:52 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
well thats about as racist, xenophobic, politically biased and stupid of a ****in statement as i've read in the car section in a long time. judged that man's whole life just by seeing his truck. congrats

so glad you showed some restraint when you called him an illegal alien. amazing...
Agreed! Well said!
Old 05-20-16, 09:51 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I realize this is a hot issue. But the elderly lady who hit me while my vehicle was standing still waiting for the guy to back out of a parking stall WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO DRIVE AT ALL. She was in the stall next to the car trying to back out.

SHE asked not to call the police.

I just did not have the heart to hold her hostage since she did not even have coverage. I just went on and sorted things out later. I guess it was my time to contribute to the cause, whatever it was. I was out a couple of grand less at the trade in the next day. Well, life goes on.
I am not above body slamming granny if she gets a bit out of line or runs into my car.
Old 05-22-16, 10:02 AM
sperez1971
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel bad for you, if people don't have insurance they should not be driving. Where I live, we have plenty of uninsured drivers and I have had to deal with the exact same issue you are now. I hope most of the damage buffs out.