RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Depreciation on RCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-16, 09:38 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
He can't. He jumps around all Lexus models and inserts his opinion without actually owning one. @coolsaber still waiting for the rcf to depreciate to the 20k range to pick up one huh??
I`m still waiting for your appraisal remember, where you car was selling for more than vehicles new :P
Old 05-22-16, 09:40 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

This thread has gone off way the rails.

Almost everything depreciates, especially new cars. Do your homework, accept its inevitability and enjoy your lives folks.
Old 05-22-16, 09:57 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frog98
How is it not in the same league exactly? Please explain in detail.
I could just point you to the various journos, but I`ll give you info on my personal experience.

In simple terms

RC-F vs M4
Suspension
-Suspension tuning is simple relaxed on the street and affords a great deal of travel making long highway trips easy. Perfect for a GT. This might also have something due to with the weight of the vehicle, but regardless my obs still stands -RC

-Suspension tuning is adjustable, but feels stiffer. The car felt like an ox cart going over a especially potholed section of road. You adjust it, but when your suspension is made out of rocks, what can you do. Perfect for the street HELL NO. But if you like take a twisty or the off ramp a bit too fast for the heck of it, amazing -M

Conclusion on Suspension:
M4=Is unforgiving and nothing like a GT/aka this car will give your back some issue
RCF= Is something that you can live with and characteristic of an GT car aka livable

Powertrain
M4 Forced Induction sounds like crap at idle, but the power on tap is mindblowing. Its always ready to kick *** and take names. Thats expect since when you develop all of the power on the lower end of the scale, each light to light, passing maneuvers are soo confident. Bad thing, is you are playin with fire. The transmission is right on point, and this car is not forgiving in anyway. Not something you want in GT car, but in an entry level rocket

RCF NA sounds amazing at idle, power is there but its delivered differently. Yes the power band comes in at the high end of the RPM range, but its soo much more smoother. Light to light is more of a pleasing affair. Passing same thing, although the transmission programming seems like it has a bit of delay built in, but the engine power delivery its suits it well. Basically on extended drives the RCF is what you want. Powertrain is forgiving, but you can switch down gears to get into the peak power band.

Conclusion on Powertrain
M4 is a "crotch rocket" that will literally make you grin, but also make you cry if your caught with your driving skills pants down which is reminiscent of the class of vehicles the M4 is,

RCF is a more of a gentle giant waiting to come out of it slumber. Its got the power but is using it differently then the M4 and best of all its forgiving. You dont need to check yourself constantly in this vehicle. Hence why I originally mentioned that the RCF does not compete in the same league as the M4s ATSV which are basically more mad then the RCF could be.
Old 05-22-16, 10:19 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
I could just point you to the various journos, but I`ll give you info on my personal experience.

In simple terms

RC-F vs M4
Suspension
-Suspension tuning is simple relaxed on the street and affords a great deal of travel making long highway trips easy. Perfect for a GT. This might also have something due to with the weight of the vehicle, but regardless my obs still stands -RC

-Suspension tuning is adjustable, but feels stiffer. The car felt like an ox cart going over a especially potholed section of road. You adjust it, but when your suspension is made out of rocks, what can you do. Perfect for the street HELL NO. But if you like take a twisty or the off ramp a bit too fast for the heck of it, amazing -M

Conclusion on Suspension:
M4=Is unforgiving and nothing like a GT/aka this car will give your back some issue
RCF= Is something that you can live with and characteristic of an GT car aka livable

Powertrain
M4 Forced Induction sounds like crap at idle, but the power on tap is mindblowing. Its always ready to kick *** and take names. Thats expect since when you develop all of the power on the lower end of the scale, each light to light, passing maneuvers are soo confident. Bad thing, is you are playin with fire. The transmission is right on point, and this car is not forgiving in anyway. Not something you want in GT car, but in an entry level rocket

RCF NA sounds amazing at idle, power is there but its delivered differently. Yes the power band comes in at the high end of the RPM range, but its soo much more smoother. Light to light is more of a pleasing affair. Passing same thing, although the transmission programming seems like it has a bit of delay built in, but the engine power delivery its suits it well. Basically on extended drives the RCF is what you want. Powertrain is forgiving, but you can switch down gears to get into the peak power band.

Conclusion on Powertrain
M4 is a "crotch rocket" that will literally make you grin, but also make you cry if your caught with your driving skills pants down which is reminiscent of the class of vehicles the M4 is,

RCF is a more of a gentle giant waiting to come out of it slumber. Its got the power but is using it differently then the M4 and best of all its forgiving. You dont need to check yourself constantly in this vehicle. Hence why I originally mentioned that the RCF does not compete in the same league as the M4s ATSV which are basically more mad then the RCF could be.
Is that what you read on numerous magazines or 5min test drive after begging the dealer?? Cause you sure don't own neither cars.

Sorry I was out enjoying my rcf and too busy to prove some dreamer wrong about appraisal value of something I don't plan to sell.
892 posts since Feb this year with your opinion about every Lexus model on this site, without owning a Lexus. Impressive.
Old 05-22-16, 10:36 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Is that what you read on numerous magazines or 5min test drive after begging the dealer?? Cause you sure don't own neither cars.

Sorry I was out enjoying my rcf and too busy to prove some dreamer wrong about appraisal value of something I don't plan to sell.
892 posts since Feb this year with your opinion about every Lexus model on this site, without owning a Lexus. Impressive.
1) Its my opinion after having the car for the day. If your opinion does not match with mine, too bad

2) Before I buy any car, I like to take an extended test drive (day or longer), and these observations were from those. I know your a big fan of dropping CC at dealers and tell them you want a price, I tend to also ask them for extended seat drive, since at the end of the day I want to know more then what a 5 minute test drive can offer. Journos are good read for the heck of it, but I dont know them so I dont base my purchasing decisions based on just some random experience or group consensus.

3) I congratulate you on enjoying your car, it seems its a good fit. Anyways if you dont intend to sell your car, then how did you arrive at your appraisal value that you vigorously defended? Thin air I guess is all one needs sometimes...
Old 05-22-16, 02:33 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

1) Its my opinion after having the car for the day. If your opinion does not match with mine, too bad

2) Before I buy any car, I like to take an extended test drive (day or longer), and these observations were from those. I know your a big fan of dropping CC at dealers and tell them you want a price, I tend to also ask them for extended seat drive, since at the end of the day I want to know more then what a 5 minute test drive can offer. Journos are good read for the heck of it, but I dont know them so I dont base my purchasing decisions based on just some random experience or group consensus.

3) I congratulate you on enjoying your car, it seems its a good fit. Anyways if you dont intend to sell your car, then how did you arrive at your appraisal value that you vigorously defended? Thin air I guess is all one needs sometimes...
Oh jeez, I thought you owned one given all the time you spend around here. Lol, someone needs to get a hobby other than obsessing about a car they don't have.

What's wrong? Didn't get approved for financing and now you gotta an axe to grind? I just cannot imagine spending so much time writing lengthy reviews and subtly bashing a car I ain't got in a forum for a car I ain't got unless I got some sour grapes syndrome.
Old 05-22-16, 05:19 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DougHII
Oh jeez, I thought you owned one given all the time you spend around here. Lol, someone needs to get a hobby other than obsessing about a car they don't have.

What's wrong? Didn't get approved for financing and now you gotta an axe to grind? I just cannot imagine spending so much time writing lengthy reviews and subtly bashing a car I ain't got in a forum for a car I ain't got unless I got some sour grapes syndrome.
Awww thanks. I dont get one thing though, were you not agreeing with the whole GT comment a couple of posts ago, and how it was not a bad thing calling the RCF a GT vehicle. The minute I mentioned the same thing you do an about face on those comments. Seeing how having an opinion on something clearly angers the world, tell me: So what is the RCF exactly to you or league it competes in? You seem to be a person who knows alot about cars from the massive amount of cars you remind us in every post but as an owner what is the RCF, cause I`m dying to know. Same thing with ssmoked, what is the RCF to you, why should one take this over a similarly equipped M4 or ATS-V and please dont say price cause we all know how ridick dealers were moving 15s at? I get talking about the M4, ATSV, C63 is a touchy subject, but its a comparison that naturally has to happen as almost everyone sees the pricing, the specs, the comparos, the drive everyone at Lexus has to make themselves a brand to reckon with in terms of performance offerings from the M and AMG division.
Old 05-22-16, 07:13 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its the Lexus halo effect kicking people in the nuts.

Low sales prices, low demand equals inability of the RCF to hold onto its value like the traditional Lexus moniker names. Its hard to grasp, but if you want an M4 like vehicle and Lexus like resale, buy a Porsche or higher.
That's it exactly. I"m a salesman. Time after time I experience this halo effect. People will pay big bucks for a German. They don't value Lexus enough to pay a premium. Many of our CL members are the same. And I Don't Consider Them Real Lexus Lovers.
People go to German car dealers and lay out 3-5K down. They come to Lexus and demand zero down leases with Honda Accord payments. Makes me sick.
Old 05-22-16, 08:36 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Awww thanks. I dont get one thing though, were you not agreeing with the whole GT comment a couple of posts ago, and how it was not a bad thing calling the RCF a GT vehicle. The minute I mentioned the same thing you do an about face on those comments. Seeing how having an opinion on something clearly angers the world, tell me: So what is the RCF exactly to you or league it competes in? You seem to be a person who knows alot about cars from the massive amount of cars you remind us in every post but as an owner what is the RCF, cause I`m dying to know. Same thing with ssmoked, what is the RCF to you, why should one take this over a similarly equipped M4 or ATS-V and please dont say price cause we all know how ridick dealers were moving 15s at? I get talking about the M4, ATSV, C63 is a touchy subject, but its a comparison that naturally has to happen as almost everyone sees the pricing, the specs, the comparos, the drive everyone at Lexus has to make themselves a brand to reckon with in terms of performance offerings from the M and AMG division.
Seriously you need a job or hobby to fill your time. Your detailed 900 opinionated posts on this whole forum is irrevalent since you are not even a Lexus owner. Let me guess, you are also on the ctsv, m3/m4, AMG forum bashing cars you can't afford.
Don't tell me the dealer let you borrow every single model for the night to test out. I call bs. Furthermore, a dealer WILL NOT lend out new sports cars for 24hr joy ride and racking up miles that cost more than a small house.
Come back in 10 years when you are finally able to afford a used one.
Old 05-22-16, 09:07 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Seriously you need a job or hobby to fill your time. Your detailed 900 opinionated posts on this whole forum is irrevalent since you are not even a Lexus owner. Let me guess, you are also on the ctsv, m3/m4, AMG forum bashing cars you can't afford.
Don't tell me the dealer let you borrow every single model for the night to test out. I call bs. Furthermore, a dealer WILL NOT lend out new sports cars for 24hr joy ride and racking up miles that cost more than a small house.
Come back in 10 years when you are finally able to afford a used one.
Just because you cant do it does not make it impossible, it just means you need to communicate better with your dealer. In 2015 RCFs were commanding sticker, and then just a year later you and I have seen how low RCFs were selling for; impossible is a possibility waiting to happen

Btw hows the "More unsold GSF than RCF on cars.com" thread going for ya. How many more GSFs are unsold? What kind of deals are you getting trading in the RCF for the GSF in a year as a serious buyer?

Anyways if you want to be mature and actually talk about your experience about whether the RCF is more GT then entry bruiser vs the M4 ATSV are, I`m all for it. If not I`m good and rather you spend your time contributing to that GSF unsold thread.
Old 05-22-16, 09:40 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't really have the time or inclination to read past your second sentence. Me saying something is comfortable, easy to drive and reliable does not box it into any class be it a GT, SUV, exotic sports car, crotch rocket or moon rover . . . okay maybe a moon rover given the alien seats. RCF is in moon rover class.

Cut to the chase . . . You are some dude or dudette, or maybe a combination of both the way things are going these days . . . that does not own an RCF but apparently gets his thrills in life out of coming to an RCF forum and telling RCF owners that their car isn't a true sports by your definition and is a GT by your definition for the sole purpose to tell us our cars ain't is cool as we think and they are over priced.

Lol, you need a hobby or a girl or something.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-22-16 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-22-16, 10:49 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Value of the RCF

I don't know why everyone is looking at value or depreciation of the car. I agree with those saying just APPRECIATE the car.

I was checking out an old motor week episode of 1993 Supra turbo (which IMO RCF has some heritage from) cost $43000. Adjusting for inflation that car would be $70k today. For all the horsepower/$, performance, power, luxury, safety features of this car. This is a great value. Sure the supra for its time was fast, had CD and cassette, big *** wing, and whopping 2 air bags. But dollar for dollar, this car is a steal! Lexus is practically giving it away to you! Haha

Last edited by LXSDO; 05-22-16 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-23-16, 07:38 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I don't know why everyone is looking at value or depreciation of the car. I agree with those saying just APPRECIATE the car.

I was checking out an old motor week episode of 1993 Supra turbo (which IMO RCF has some heritage from) cost $43000. Adjusting for inflation that car would be $70k today. For all the horsepower/$, performance, power, luxury, safety features of this car. This is a great value. Sure the supra for its time was fast, had CD and cassette, big *** wing, and whopping 2 air bags. But dollar for dollar, this car is a steal! Lexus is practically giving it away to you! Haha
Coolsaber's endless bashing of the rcf msrp and depreciation only means he can't afford it with his limited retirement fund, even with hefty msrp discounts. He is hoping and dreaming the car will depreciate to the 20s so he can upgrade his beat up rust wagon.
No rcf actual owner on this forum talk negative about the car or judge it endlessly, if they didn't like it they traded it for something else and move on. Money talks. Something coolsaber doesn't have, but he dreams and lives through the experiences of actual owners on this site while acting like he owns the beautiful machine and gives his pointless irrevalent reviews.
Old 05-23-16, 09:01 AM
mrpc12
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To give you guys a real data point. I took my car to CarMax Saturday and they offered me $48K.

My car is a 2015 and has just over 4K miles on it and was $74K MSRP but I got it for $64K. However, it just came back from the body shop after my wife got rear ended with $13K repairs with no frame damage. But the appraiser said the accident was only a few thousand hit to the value.
Old 05-23-16, 09:09 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DougHII
I don't really have the time or inclination to read past your second sentence. Me saying something is comfortable, easy to drive and reliable does not box it into any class be it a GT, SUV, exotic sports car, crotch rocket or moon rover . . . okay maybe a moon rover given the alien seats. RCF is in moon rover class.

Cut to the chase . . . You are some dude or dudette, or maybe a combination of both the way things are going these days . . . that does not own an RCF but apparently gets his thrills in life out of coming to an RCF forum and telling RCF owners that their car isn't a true sports by your definition and is a GT by your definition for the sole purpose to tell us our cars ain't is cool as we think and they are over priced.

Lol, you need a hobby or a girl or something.
Why should I care if you have the time or inclination to read? (btw who are you kiddin on the whole you not reading the whole post lol)

I`m sorry, but sharing an opinion on a forum is not limited to basically singing praises for a vehicle?? Keep on circle- on that with ssmoked. BTW if you dont have time to read etc, you should probably stop posting. And if you cannot take a differing opinion, I say avoid forums all together, because that is what a forum was designed to be.

Coolsaber's endless bashing of the rcf msrp and depreciation only means he can't afford it with his limited retirement fund, even with hefty msrp discounts. He is hoping and dreaming the car will depreciate to the 20s so he can upgrade his beat up rust wagon.
No rcf actual owner on this forum talk negative about the car or judge it endlessly, if they didn't like it they traded it for something else and move on. Money talks. Something coolsaber doesn't have, but he dreams and lives through the experiences of actual owners on this site while acting like he owns the beautiful machine and gives his pointless irrevalent reviews.
So are you still butthurt over me calling your unheard of trade in value? If you are, why not just say it? Here, for the purposes of helping your hurt ego, Your car is worth what you paid for it if you traded it in today at any dealership, maybe more. Forget that KBB, edmunds, Mannheim exist.

Quick Reply: Depreciation on RCF