Front Curb sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-16, 10:45 AM
javierrebe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Curb sensor

Hello

I am looking for the best curb sensor option for an RC-F and where should be mount it.
any suggestions?
Old 04-23-16, 11:12 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I have this one:
http://www.curb-alert.com/

I haven't quite decided where to mount it yet, I had one on my 2012 Camaro and it worked great. I would like to put it at the bottom center behind the grille, but I do not know if the grille will interfere with it, if it does I will have to mount it underneath the fascia.

I put the buzzer in the glove box on the Camaro, will probably do the same with the RCF.
Old 06-20-16, 05:21 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Any updates to this or has anyone else identified additional alternative solutions? I feel like it's only a matter of time before I damage my CF center section of the lower grill surround, especially now that I am lowered.
Old 06-23-16, 11:39 AM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
Any updates to this or has anyone else identified additional alternative solutions? I feel like it's only a matter of time before I damage my CF center section of the lower grill surround, especially now that I am lowered.
There's another solution, you can have your girl get out of the car and guide you... haha
The best part about this is that it is free.
Old 06-23-16, 12:00 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

yeah I will get around to it when I go on vacation in August.. need to do this and install the led light replacements I bought for the lower rear reflectors. just don't have the time.
Old 06-24-16, 09:08 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Beatsonic will be selling front camera switch in a few months. I have similar setup but I have to switch to A/V mode to see my front camera. This switch will let you see the image when you're at parking speed or pressing external switch.

I also had Curb alert but it wasn't very good, I kept getting false alert.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/cs5ep.html
Old 06-24-16, 11:22 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dojoman
Beatsonic will be selling front camera switch in a few months. I have similar setup but I have to switch to A/V mode to see my front camera. This switch will let you see the image when you're at parking speed or pressing external switch.

I had a curb alert on my Camaro and never had an issue. perhaps yours wasn't adjusted correctly.

I've been curious to know if additional factory front sensors could be installed on the RCF and wired in series to the existing ones.. while the computer would not be able to determine if it is a corner or the front causing the alert, you would still get an alert. in theory if you wire a left and right center to the left and right corners then the dash alert would light up both corners which would indicate that it is the front sensors being tripped. Where if it was the original corner sensors you would only get that corner.

might be worth some testing if I have time.
Old 06-24-16, 11:33 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman

Nice! I can't wait for this to come out. I have their DVD navigation bypass along with the A/V input module and it works great!
Old 06-24-16, 12:07 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Nice! I can't wait for this to come out. I have their DVD navigation bypass along with the A/V input module and it works great!
Yeah, I am very interested in the front camera...not sure why Lexus doesn't have this option. Wonder how hard the install is?
Old 06-24-16, 07:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
I had a curb alert on my Camaro and never had an issue. perhaps yours wasn't adjusted correctly.

I've been curious to know if additional factory front sensors could be installed on the RCF and wired in series to the existing ones.. while the computer would not be able to determine if it is a corner or the front causing the alert, you would still get an alert. in theory if you wire a left and right center to the left and right corners then the dash alert would light up both corners which would indicate that it is the front sensors being tripped. Where if it was the original corner sensors you would only get that corner.

might be worth some testing if I have time.
It was calibrated correctly. Sometime when I'm driving on the freeway it would beep for no reason.
The sensor also does not work with parking blocks that are offset, I found about half of parking spaces have the offset. Camera was better fit for this situation.
Old 06-24-16, 07:48 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Yeah, I am very interested in the front camera...not sure why Lexus doesn't have this option. Wonder how hard the install is?
Pretty much most luxury cars have front camera now except Lexus. Audi A4, MB C class, Jaguar XE.
Lexus is way behind.