RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Thinking about getting an RC-F can anyone tell me about

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-16, 01:04 PM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting an RC-F can anyone tell me about

Anyone tell me about how much monthly payments are (if you're doing that), maintenance costs? Does it give you any issues? I heard the weight is a problem but also heard it's not so I don't know.
Just want to know how you guys feel about it!

I've been wanting one of these for a while and saw the RC-F when it came out and I saw it in person but nowe I'm really considering buying one!

Thanks!
Old 04-21-16, 01:15 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

You can just use the search on here for issues. As for the car itself, best to go for a test drive to see if it is right for you or not.
Old 04-21-16, 01:22 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

payments are subjective. all depends on the deals you get, interest rates, years you finance, and your down payment or whether you purchase or lease.

weight is an issue if you plan on tracking the car, if it is a daily driver who cares?

maintenance is going to depend on whether you get the Lexus Maintenance contract or not, but the 5,000 and 10,000 oil changes are free with or without a contract.
brakes will be expensive do to then being Brembo, figure $800 or more for turning rotors and changing pads, probably closer to $2,000 if you replace the rotors. Unless you are able to do them yourself.
oil changes after 10,000 might reach into the $200 range as the car requires 9.8 quarts.

it's all a matter of choices and preference.

There are some good deals on left over 2015s right now, some as much as $15K off MSRP maybe more.

everything is subjective based on a lot over variables.

me personally I love the car, my payment is pretty low because of how much down I put, I only financed for 4 years and got an interest rate of 1.25%.

Last edited by mjeds; 04-21-16 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-21-16, 03:14 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by isMAYOan
Anyone tell me about how much monthly payments are (if you're doing that), maintenance costs? Does it give you any issues? I heard the weight is a problem but also heard it's not so I don't know.
Just want to know how you guys feel about it!

I've been wanting one of these for a while and saw the RC-F when it came out and I saw it in person but nowe I'm really considering buying one!

Thanks!
Just get it! Pawn a kidney if needed haha
The prices you can purchase left over 2015s are insane for the overall package you are getting.
Old 04-21-16, 05:29 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple minds in the auto world revert to the fictitious weigh issue--what issue? The car is capable on the road and the track.

Does this car look like it has problems on a track?

If you are like the rest of the world--tracking 6-12 times per year--there is no better compromise for a road and track car.

It's a great ride and a lot of fun. I am keeping mine for another 2 years and then moving up the Lexus food chain to the next flagship.

Egos tend to get in the way of reality when it comes to cars.

Last edited by ISF001; 04-21-16 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-21-16, 06:00 PM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mjeds
payments are subjective. all depends on the deals you get, interest rates, years you finance, and your down payment or whether you purchase or lease.

weight is an issue if you plan on tracking the car, if it is a daily driver who cares?

maintenance is going to depend on whether you get the Lexus Maintenance contract or not, but the 5,000 and 10,000 oil changes are free with or without a contract.
brakes will be expensive do to then being Brembo, figure $800 or more for turning rotors and changing pads, probably closer to $2,000 if you replace the rotors. Unless you are able to do them yourself.
oil changes after 10,000 might reach into the $200 range as the car requires 9.8 quarts.

it's all a matter of choices and preference.

There are some good deals on left over 2015s right now, some as much as $15K off MSRP maybe more.

everything is subjective based on a lot over variables.

me personally I love the car, my payment is pretty low because of how much down I put, I only financed for 4 years and got an interest rate of 1.25%.
Got it haha so an arm and a leg if you did all maintenance at once 😑but it seems worth it for this beast.
The one I was looking at was around and the only ones I found in white that I wanted were around $75k and $76k, definitely going to see about a test drive.

Damn how much of a down payment did you put down if you don't mind me asking? I'll probably try to get maybe $20k down on it haha and max years I can to get the lowest payments possible so I can upgrade parts every now and then👌
Old 04-21-16, 06:03 PM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF001
Simple minds in the auto world revert to the fictitious weigh issue--what issue? The car is capable on the road and the track.

Does this car look like it has problems on a track?

Testing the new Lexus RC F with RingTaxi.de - YouTube

If you are like the rest of the world--tracking 6-12 times per year--there is no better compromise for a road and track car.

It's a great ride and a lot of fun. I am keeping mine for another 2 years and then moving up the Lexus food chain to the next flagship.

Egos tend to get in the way of reality when it comes to cars.
I was doing a lot of research and everything said it was "too heavy" then I came here and no one said it so I wanted to make sure.
I'll probably end up going to the track but mostly use it as my DD.
I can't wait to buy mine and begin the fun!
Old 04-21-16, 06:05 PM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Just get it! Pawn a kidney if needed haha
The prices you can purchase left over 2015s are insane for the overall package you are getting.
Hahaha right?!
And I wish I could find a 2015 all I can find are brand new 2016 models but oh well it'll be worth it to get it brand new!
Old 04-21-16, 06:07 PM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
You can just use the search on here for issues. As for the car itself, best to go for a test drive to see if it is right for you or not.
Looking the issues up is what led me to this site haha but I was distracted by everyone's beautiful rides!!
Definitely going to have to test drive it once... or seven times...
Old 04-21-16, 09:51 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Got it haha so an arm and a leg if you did all maintenance at once 😑but it seems worth it for this beast.
The one I was looking at was around and the only ones I found in white that I wanted were around $75k and $76k, definitely going to see about a test drive.

Damn how much of a down payment did you put down if you don't mind me asking? I'll probably try to get maybe $20k down on it haha and max years I can to get the lowest payments possible so I can upgrade parts every now and then👌

I will PM you, don't want to put up my financial details on the interwebs.
Old 04-22-16, 06:52 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I have an ultra white RC-F too. Love it.

Before I bought mine, I test drove all variations of the entire RC line up with all various options, including the TVD carbon.

I did this at multiple Lexus dealers in SoCal. Don't be bashful. After all, they want your money!!! Make sure you get a feel of what you want to buy and happy with it.

After multiple test drives over a couple of days, I settled on a non TVD/carbon RC-F since I don't track much. Plus I wanted a sunroof and it is not possible in the carbon TVD edition. Plus the TVD will just add another complexity to an already complex car.

I, too, waited and waited until last October for an excellent deal. Now you can get an even better deal for the left over 2015 RC-F, if any are left.

Weight is not an issue for me. The car is well planted in all driving situations. Plus it has plenty of power to speed up to get out of dangerous situations. And those giant Brembo brakes will come in handy when you need to stop on a dime. I rather be in a heavier car for safety reasons. There are still laws of physics when the unfortunate accidents occur. Usually the larger and heavier vehicle wins.

I like the crazy polarizing exterior styling of the car. Sure turns heads anywhere I go. People wanted to know if this is a 'REAL" Lexus? Some wondered if I had just taken some emblem off and stick on the "L", LOL😃. One guy I work with was wondering if it was a "Mitsubishi"? I guess he had seen one of those "Evos' with a crazy trunk mounted wing. I assured him it was not a Mitsubishi Evo. 😀

Gas milage on highway in eco cruising at 70 is 26 mpg+. As long as you don't go over 80, the active wing will not deploy in eco and gas mileage is 26 mpg+. I usually drive around in Sport +, So highway milage is around 14 mpg. Sometimes it dips down to 12 mpg. The active wing will auto deploy at around 50 mph in modes other than eco. Or you can manually deploy the wing with the button. I deploy the wing in rain and windy bad weather for more downward force on the rear tires. Oh well, I did not buy this car to compete with my CT200H in the milage department, haha😆.

As for monthly payments. .... it depends on a number of variables. If you have top flight credit, you can get by with no money down and still get rock bottom interest rate. So it all depends. I would recommend get preapproved at the lowest rate you can find, usually at a credit union. Then when you are ready to buy at the Lexus dealer. ...... the financing manager WILL ask YOU. So you turn the table around by asking if the Lexus dealer can beat what you have. Also I have learned over the years to turn down any additional optional whatever the dealer will try to sell you. Unless, of course, you feel either you needed it or it is truly an exceptional deal (usually not). I did go for the officially sold by Lexus wheel and tire protection package knowing that either myself or my wife will run the wheel to the curb SOMETIME. I initially said no until they cut the price substantially.

I hope my 2 cents helped.

Go buy a RC-F. You won't regret it.

Enjoy the ride.

Last edited by lexusrus; 04-22-16 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-22-16, 11:10 AM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I have an ultra white RC-F too. Love it.

Before I bought mine, I test drove all variations of the entire RC line up with all various options, including the TVD carbon.

I did this at multiple Lexus dealers in SoCal. Don't be bashful. After all, they want your money!!! Make sure you get a feel of what you want to buy and happy with it.

After multiple test drives over a couple of days, I settled on a non TVD/carbon RC-F since I don't track much. Plus I wanted a sunroof and it is not possible in the carbon TVD edition. Plus the TVD will just add another complexity to an already complex car.

I, too, waited and waited until last October for an excellent deal. Now you can get an even better deal for the left over 2015 RC-F, if any are left.

Weight is not an issue for me. The car is well planted in all driving situations. Plus it has plenty of power to speed up to get out of dangerous situations. And those giant Brembo brakes will come in handy when you need to stop on a dime. I rather be in a heavier car for safety reasons. There are still laws of physics when the unfortunate accidents occur. Usually the larger and heavier vehicle wins.

I like the crazy polarizing exterior styling of the car. Sure turns heads anywhere I go. People wanted to know if this is a 'REAL" Lexus? Some wondered if I had just taken some emblem off and stick on the "L", LOL😃. One guy I work with was wondering if it was a "Mitsubishi"? I guess he had seen one of those "Evos' with a crazy trunk mounted wing. I assured him it was not a Mitsubishi Evo. 😀

Gas milage on highway in eco cruising at 70 is 26 mpg+. As long as you don't go over 80, the active wing will not deploy in eco and gas mileage is 26 mpg+. I usually drive around in Sport +, So highway milage is around 14 mpg. Sometimes it dips down to 12 mpg. The active wing will auto deploy at around 50 mph in modes other than eco. Or you can manually deploy the wing with the button. I deploy the wing in rain and windy bad weather for more downward force on the rear tires. Oh well, I did not buy this car to compete with my CT200H in the milage department, haha😆.

As for monthly payments. .... it depends on a number of variables. If you have top flight credit, you can get by with no money down and still get rock bottom interest rate. So it all depends. I would recommend get preapproved at the lowest rate you can find, usually at a credit union. Then when you are ready to buy at the Lexus dealer. ...... the financing manager WILL ask YOU. So you turn the table around by asking if the Lexus dealer can beat what you have. Also I have learned over the years to turn down any additional optional whatever the dealer will try to sell you. Unless, of course, you feel either you needed it or it is truly an exceptional deal (usually not). I did go for the officially sold by Lexus wheel and tire protection package knowing that either myself or my wife will run the wheel to the curb SOMETIME. I initially said no until they cut the price substantially.

I hope my 2 cents helped.

Go buy a RC-F. You won't regret it.

Enjoy the ride.
I'm definitely going to test drive the hell out of the car and go to different dealers (only 2 of them are close to me at all though) and while I get the money for the down-payment I'm going to let me credit score build for a little bit then get the RC-F boy is my girlfriend going to be mad when she sees it
Old 04-22-16, 05:56 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, RUN, don't just go, and get one of the remaining 2015 RC-F with a hefty discount!!!

When the credit union or the dealer run your credit (soft hit versus hard hit) it COULD have a negative impact on your overall credit score. So watch out. I'm not sure what is the exact cut off time window period wise, maybe 14 days to 30 days??? IDK? Meaning if you apply at multiple places for car financing during a time widow period of , say, 14 days....... I don't think you will get multiple dings against your credit score. It will just count as one ding, I think. Just ask the bank you trust and do business with.

So with a preapproved check from your favorite credit union for an amount a little higher than what you plan on buying the RC-F for........haha, you got bargaining POWER BABY! !! 😃😆

GOOD LUCK!!

I'm definitely going to test drive the hell out of the car and go to different dealers (only 2 of them are close to me at all though) and while I get the money for the down-payment I'm going to let me credit score build for a little bit then get the RC-F boy is my girlfriend going to be mad when she sees it
Old 04-22-16, 07:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

You'll get great deals these days so now's the time to pull the trigger. As for weight, it's more nimble than my 300 lb lighter IS so weight is just a number...

As for maintenance, this is where Lexus excels. It's your regular oil changes and occasional tire and brake service.

For issues or any other common topics in this forum, see the sticky FAQ thread.
Old 04-24-16, 03:50 PM
isMAYOan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Yes, RUN, don't just go, and get one of the remaining 2015 RC-F with a hefty discount!!!

When the credit union or the dealer run your credit (soft hit versus hard hit) it COULD have a negative impact on your overall credit score. So watch out. I'm not sure what is the exact cut off time window period wise, maybe 14 days to 30 days??? IDK? Meaning if you apply at multiple places for car financing during a time widow period of , say, 14 days....... I don't think you will get multiple dings against your credit score. It will just count as one ding, I think. Just ask the bank you trust and do business with.

So with a preapproved check from your favorite credit union for an amount a little higher than what you plan on buying the RC-F for........haha, you got bargaining POWER BABY! !! 😃😆

GOOD LUCK!!
Downside is no 2015 RC-F's are left in my state that I've seen! It's really sad, I might have to go all out and get it brand new but I'll wait until a 2015 pips up and save more money or save up more money for the 2016 down payment from that long wait😂

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting an RC-F can anyone tell me about