RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-16, 02:17 AM
RCFan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC-F Facelift

I currently live abroad but am going to be picking up a new car in the US shortly. An M4, RS5, or RC-F. I prefer the RC's styling but have a few qualms- I think that 2 of the exhausts are just for show (like the Ferrari 360) and the body design of the regular RC actually looks a bit better, (with the rear fenders and exhausts) Also, I recall hearing the engine noise might be partly synthetic in the interior. This would be a 100% road car, something to park next to some broken man in a minivan at the supermarket. Does anybody know about any alterations coming like a weight reduction or a rear styling fix? I'd love a BMW but it's a little me-too and the RS5 while great is a bit bland.
Old 04-21-16, 06:01 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

So what are you asking?

The RS5 has a great mechanical engine wail and AWD (great for a winter environment) however the design hasn't changed since 2008 and they are coming up on a generation change.

The M4 is highly modifiable and a great drivers car, but the interior I found to be bland and I did not enjoy the power delivery or the reliability aspect.

The RCF has a great engine note, and does not have fake exhaust tips/diffusers like the ISF. I personally love the styling, wide flanks, and interior of the RCF (except for the small nav screen).

Don't expect a drastic mid model change, expect small little changes to improve suspension geometry and handling and infotainment improvements. Definitely no change in rear styling.
Old 04-21-16, 07:21 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exhaust tips are inherently, by design, ornamental. So all these people that made fun of the ISF tip aren't really thinking clearly which is expected because stupidity dwarfs intelligence in society today.

Corvette, R8, RS6... there are many makes/models out there that take liberty with their exhaust setup from a visual standpoint. No biggie. smh
Old 04-21-16, 09:04 AM
RCFan
Driver School Candidate

So I could effectively have the two dual exhausts and rear styling altered to look like the RC-sport? Also, I think you may be confusing stupidity with ignorance.
Old 04-21-16, 10:03 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFan
So I could effectively have the two dual exhausts and rear styling altered to look like the RC-sport? Also, I think you may be confusing stupidity with ignorance.
I'm 98% sure you can replace the bumper cover. I don't know about the fake vents though. But if it's what you like, do it.
Old 04-21-16, 10:37 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

there are several companies making rear diffusers for the RCF, which is all you need to change to accommodate a different exhaust setup.

FWIW the 4 tips on the RCF exhaust are all functional, they are all plumbed from the muffler and have exhaust flowing through them.
Old 04-22-16, 09:47 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

???? So you want an RC-F with fully functional quad exhaust set up to look like the regular RC's dual exhaust? Or do you just want one exhaust coming out at the end the size of a watermelon like some of the Civic ricers? Hummmm, IDK?

BTW, the rear fender "vents" on the regular RC'S are FAKE and non functional, but looks nice.

Originally Posted by RCFan
I currently live abroad but am going to be picking up a new car in the US shortly. An M4, RS5, or RC-F. I prefer the RC's styling but have a few qualms- I think that 2 of the exhausts are just for show (like the Ferrari 360) and the body design of the regular RC actually looks a bit better, (with the rear fenders and exhausts) Also, I recall hearing the engine noise might be partly synthetic in the interior. This would be a 100% road car, something to park next to some broken man in a minivan at the supermarket. Does anybody know about any alterations coming like a weight reduction or a rear styling fix? I'd love a BMW but it's a little me-too and the RS5 while great is a bit bland.

Last edited by lexusrus; 04-22-16 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-22-16, 02:42 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I traded a 2013 RS5 on my F. The RS5 sounds awesome; the throttle blip at any speed is just ferocious. The grip is phenomenal and allows a earlier on the gas exit on turns. The MMI system beats the hell out of the F's trackpad (which is close to being disfunctional when driving, IMO). I was able to mount very concave 20 x 10.5 wheels on the RS5 with 285's all around - looked badass. The downside of the RS5 is low end torque. At 313 ft/lbs, you need to be high in the rev range (redline = 8250) for the car to perform. On a track staying north of 6,000, it's great. On the street, not so much. I agree with above comments about the model looking dated at this point. The F is a real head-turner.
I didn't have any mechanical problems with the RS5 and it had just over 50K when I traded it. The RS5 audio system needed a bit more bass so I swapped the subwoofer. I'm happy with the F's ML system as is (except for the stinkin' trackpad).
Old 04-22-16, 03:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
there are several companies making rear diffusers for the RCF, which is all you need to change to accommodate a different exhaust setup.

FWIW the 4 tips on the RCF exhaust are all functional, they are all plumbed from the muffler and have exhaust flowing through them.
Not to many Rear Diffusers out there & the ones that are, are Very Over Priced (how much is this one). To ME this is the Best Looking one i've seen so far, though i Do like the ones i put one my car & you'll Never Beat that Price $100