RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Just had the 5k service done and active wing repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-16, 03:38 PM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had the 5k service done and active wing repair

Did anyone else see a noticeable increase in power after receiving their car back after this service? When I received my car back it felt a lot stronger than it did when I dropped it off. I do not think this is due to it being gone for a day and driving my other car as I was driving my S/c 1969 Mustang around. Just curious if it was all in my head or others noticed the same thing

Last edited by chaosrob; 04-14-16 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-14-16, 04:01 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Understanding what the 5K service entails, what would be the logic behind why you would even begin to ask this question? Just curious.
Old 04-14-16, 05:34 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosrob
Did anyone else see a noticeable increase in power after receiving their car back after this service? When I received my car back it felt a lot stronger than it did when I dropped it off. I do not think this is due to it being gone for a day and driving my other car as I was driving my S/c 1969 Mustang around. Just curious if it was all in my head or others noticed the same thing
Did they add some performance stickers?
Old 04-14-16, 05:51 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

if they disconnected the battery they yeah it's possible, the computer would have been reset.

"The ECU monitors the mass air flow meter (MAF), the oxygen sensors (O2), the knock sensor, the idle speed, and a host of other sensors. If you drive agressively and your fuel octane is low the ECU will "learn" a less agressive timing curve than the base factory setting. If you change the intake to allow more air flow the O2 sensors will signal a leaner condition again followed by the ECU adjusting. There are other conditions but suffice to say that these are all deviations from the "BASE" factory programming. Disconnecting power from the ECU erases these changes and returns to the factory settings. This may produce more power. As Lou stated the ECU will relearn over a few days of driving." - quoted from member Jbrady

Last edited by mjeds; 04-14-16 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-14-16, 09:06 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Theres a thread like this on the ISF forum. If they reset the battery, it may feel like it, since the ECU resets and is learning. Just like stated above.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-15-16, 05:31 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
if they disconnected the battery they yeah it's possible, the computer would have been reset.

"The ECU monitors the mass air flow meter (MAF), the oxygen sensors (O2), the knock sensor, the idle speed, and a host of other sensors. If you drive agressively and your fuel octane is low the ECU will "learn" a less agressive timing curve than the base factory setting. If you change the intake to allow more air flow the O2 sensors will signal a leaner condition again followed by the ECU adjusting. There are other conditions but suffice to say that these are all deviations from the "BASE" factory programming. Disconnecting power from the ECU erases these changes and returns to the factory settings. This may produce more power. As Lou stated the ECU will relearn over a few days of driving." - quoted from member Jbrady
Thank you

Theres a thread like this on the ISF forum. If they reset the battery, it may feel like it, since the ECU resets and is learning. Just like stated above.

-Josh

No, but they did remove the "Type R" sticker I put on there

Did they add some performance stickers?
If I remember my line of thinking when I asked the question correctly it was because exactly as stated in the question, it felt stronger when I received it back and apparently there is a reason as explained by a couple members who actually had something to contribute. How miserable do you have to be to try to be an *** for the sake of being an ***?
Understanding what the 5K service entails, what would be the logic behind why you would even begin to ask this question? Just curious.