RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

GTHaus vs Joe z

Old 04-16-16, 09:20 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Yes those were are consistent numbers the end consumer can expect.. After repeated independent testing..

We also had many Peak runs of well over 35 Rwhp gains as well..

But we safely put our 34 Peak RHWP out there for the Dynojet SAE Corrected # , as tested by D Sport magazine.

PTS Exhaust - Joe Z Series Catback for RC F • Two Month Review • Install Pics & Video

Another good read here as well..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...nd-pics-2.html

Any who.. They are all making similar power and I doubt one will edge out more than another at a 1/4 mile track / trap speed.

Happy Modding

Joe Z

yeah the JOE Z will bring at least 30. You cant really re invent the wheel either the exhaust flows or it dos not flow. 5 rcfs on the same dyno will bring 5 different numbers with the same mods. JOE Z is by Far the best option.

I will have less than $6000 in my entire Exhaust with my PPE headers and Joe Z exhaust not just a catback for the same money and im having my headers installed by Lexus tech.
Old 04-16-16, 12:24 PM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosrob
I can honestly say that you will not be sorry. I went for the Joe Z because I just couldn't justify the extra money for the other, I could have easily afforded it but I have an issue with a purchase where I feel I am throwing money away. I am not saying the other exhaust is not worth the money, just not to me.

After I installed the exhaust I knew I made the right decision. It sounds great, but I can still use my hands free without annoyance and the cabin is still quiet while highway cruising. My mpg went up almost 2 mpg on the highway as well, not sure if it was all exhaust or the car finally breaking in but my average on the hwy is 26.8 mpg @ an average cruising speed of 75 mph and I NEVER run it in dedicated eco, it lives in normal on long trips.

Great exhaust, great customer service, fast shipping and more than fair price for what you receive. Installation was simple, quick and fit was excellent. Only thing I can "complain" about is I wish all new bolts were provided rather than reusing two of the factory ones, small gripe but it's just my preference.
can you tell me what bolts they were that you had to reuse of the factory ones?

thanks,
Old 04-16-16, 01:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mrsardar
can you tell me what bolts they were that you had to reuse of the factory ones?

thanks,
Only your like new front 4 oem bolts & 2 crush gaskets are reused.

From the manifold to X-pipe connections

There is no need to replace them with identical new parts..

Here's a pic during our extensive R&D sometime last year..

Joe Z
Old 04-17-16, 11:28 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
The stock system is very restrictive, any aftermarket complete exhaust system will yield 30+ RWHP. As for the GTHaus exhaust system, the gain is about 37 RWHP, the other 9 RWHP is from my Rotora carbon ceramic brake system, dyno sheet below. I also dyno it again on the dynojet and got 413 RWHP.

You speak in terms of hp, but increased area under torque curve is really the relevant concern here based on what most here seem to seek. In past, I have done build outs on various NA 911s and 993s I used on the streets and have actually sacrificed or settled with far less gains on the hp side to optimize area under the torque curve. Back pressure, primary, secondary and cat bypasses can can cause impact torque even though showing gains in peak ho. Unlike the RCF ECU, I generally had the benefit and flexibility of using stand alone fuel management or Lenz systems. Now it is a completely different story when setting up cars hat i used primarily on the track.

Perhaps focus less on peak hp and peak torque also. Optimization of area under the curve might be more satisfying to most on here concerned about straight line acceleration in the 0 - 60 or 100 range.

How does Joe Z stack up as far as area under torque curve would be the relevant question.
Old 04-17-16, 05:26 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the full Meisterschaft system ($4500) and love it, but if someone wants to buy it so that it's quiet sounding like stock when closed, this isn't the system for you. It's still louder than stock when fully closed, but fully open just sounds SO SICK..........I drive with it open most of the time unless I'm taking a phone call or using cruise control.

Another option would be to buy just the Q-tip valves and have a muffler shop install them for much less. HP/LB FT won't be as much, but it will give you flexibility in tuning your sound (also remove your resonators).
Old 04-17-16, 09:23 PM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Only your like new front 4 oem bolts & 2 crush gaskets are reused.

From the manifold to X-pipe connections

There is no need to replace them with identical new parts..

Here's a pic during our extensive R&D sometime last year..

Joe Z
Thank You Joe Z for the clarification.
Old 04-17-16, 10:28 PM
NKFANDI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JoeZ

Is the exhaust available in catback only? Reason I am asking is because it look as though in the RCF installation video you put on a full exhaust for the RCF. Thanks
Old 04-17-16, 11:53 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

A full exhaust is a catback exhaust. Maybe you mean axle back
Old 04-18-16, 07:18 AM
NKFANDI
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sal11585
A full exhaust is a catback exhaust. Maybe you mean axle back
Excuse me that is what I meant.
Old 04-19-16, 06:49 AM
Santanas
Rookie

Default My experience

I got my RCF in december and got the PTS Joe Z in january, couldn't be happier about the change, I like the sound and quality of the system. Had a chance to listen to the GT-Haus, it sounds great but I wouldn't choose it for daily driving. Unfortunately I will posting my Joe Z for sale since I might be trading the car for something else..SUV