RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What's your take?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 09:20 AM
Curtis2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's your take?

Just some thoughts I would like to get other opinions on.

Drive mode - is it just me or does the ride seem softer, smoother, less wavy in normal vs. sport & sport+?

Seat belt - does it hit any of you in the wrong area, too close to your neck? I never noticed this during my short test drive. It is driving me nuts and I can't figure out how to fix that. I hate those bulky padding things people put on the shoulder strap.

There is a plastic piece under the peddle so when you floor it, it only goes so far and you must press harder to then push that plastic piece down, which really then makes the car go. Any idea why Lexus did that?

Tires - Just purchased the car recently but how many miles do most of you get out of your tires? Should I expect only 10-15K? I see Goodyear sales a pair that has a "45K" warranty. Anyone try those and do they suck compared to the Michelin? Lexus' website makes it sound like they have the MFG make special tires just for their cars to the engineers specs. So if you go buy the same tire at a retail store like Discounttire, it supposedly may not be the same as the tire through the dealership.

Thanks for your input.

Curtis
Old 04-11-16, 09:47 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis2000
Just some thoughts I would like to get other opinions on.

Drive mode - is it just me or does the ride seem softer, smoother, less wavy in normal vs. sport & sport+?

Seat belt - does it hit any of you in the wrong area, too close to your neck? I never noticed this during my short test drive. It is driving me nuts and I can't figure out how to fix that. I hate those bulky padding things people put on the shoulder strap.

There is a plastic piece under the peddle so when you floor it, it only goes so far and you must press harder to then push that plastic piece down, which really then makes the car go. Any idea why Lexus did that?

Tires - Just purchased the car recently but how many miles do most of you get out of your tires? Should I expect only 10-15K? I see Goodyear sales a pair that has a "45K" warranty. Anyone try those and do they suck compared to the Michelin? Lexus' website makes it sound like they have the MFG make special tires just for their cars to the engineers specs. So if you go buy the same tire at a retail store like Discounttire, it supposedly may not be the same as the tire through the dealership.

Thanks for your input.

Curtis
1. The ride is the same but may feel different to you because of the way the transmission behaves. Also in Sport + the steering wheel becomes stiffer.

2. My seatbelt feels perfect, make sure you have it through the magnetic loop on the side of the seat. Maybe that will help position it better for you?

3. It was designed that way to give you more feel as to how far you are pushing the pedal. My guess is they want to make sure you are aware of when you are going WOT.

4. Michelin PSS should get you between 10k-20k miles depending on the way you drive and whether the car is lowered or not. You can pretty much put any tires you want on the car, but with cheaper/lower performance tires the car will handle/ride differently. There is no difference between tires you buy at the dealer and tires you buy at let's say tire rack, as long as they are the same tires.
Old 04-11-16, 10:44 AM
Curtis2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried the leather strap and it creates more of an inconvenience. Is my seat belt twisted? I've attached some demo videos, hopefully you can see them.

Curtis
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
rcf.wmv (4.23 MB, 30 views)
Old 04-11-16, 12:04 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks normal to me, maybe it's just your seating position? try moving the seat forward, higher or lower to see if it helps.