Comment of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!

TruePlaya 4 Prez!!!
Old 04-09-16, 06:46 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
+1

OP, I believe you've had the F for just about 1 month. Summer is around the corner and the best days are ahead to really enjoy this car.
Exactly! Can't wait!!!!
Old 04-09-16, 09:27 AM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonrcf
Well, I actually won't be losing (that much) money now. I can (more than likely) pickup a brand new 2016 Lexus IS 200t F-Sport for a pretty good price. Or I could spend a little more for the IS 350 F Sport. But, if I get rid of my RC F, I'll get something more fuel efficient. By the way, I paid $58,085 for my RC F (not counting taxes and such) and they will give me $55K on the trade.

But, I am inclined to keep my RC F, because as others have said, I won't be happy in an IS.
3IS Owner here...

I'm inclined to say you'd only be disappointed in the IS if you jumped from the RCF to the IS200t. Not only raw power but in the perceived refinement of the 4 cylinder (smoothness). Aside from that, you can get most of the options available on the RCF on the IS models. Cooled seats, adaptive cruise, rain-sensing wipers, etc. Assuming you go with an F Sport you'll also get similar seats too. My IS350F has the same or similar 8spd auto, AVS adaptive suspension, and VGRS steering. Those features really improve the overall ride IMO. Put on some better tires and add some front camber and now you have a pretty darn good handling car too (I actually track my IS). Sure it might be missing some RCF soul, but it's still a good compromise DD car with a very nice chassis.

However, I wouldn't recommend taking a huge loss to get rid of the RCF either. I can totally understand the feeling though (after sustaining damage) as I've been there too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through cars quickly!

Keep us updated on your decision
Old 04-09-16, 10:09 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

There is something wrong with this picture. I suppose I get buyers remorse if now want an M4 or a 911 variant, but wishing you had an IS 250? Sounds like other variables or factors playing here and the car has taken the steepest hit already when you drive it off the lot. The price will actually stabilize a bit from this point forward compared to the % of loss it had just by becoming a used car with some miles on it.
Old 04-09-16, 01:12 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Comment of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!

TruePlaya 4 Prez!!!
Old 05-06-16, 10:25 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I'm in the same boat right now... but its an F80 M3 in an obnoxious color and 4 doors beckoning me

Last edited by 4everkidd; 05-06-16 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-07-16, 11:26 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I'm in the same boat right now... but its an F80 M3 in an obnoxious color and 4 doors beckoning me
My buddy picked up an M4 last week and I got to drive it. The torque is relentless and the shifts under power were a boot in the pants. The piped in sound is OK - in fact, it's necessary because outside the car it sounds like a lawn mower. Awesome track car, but I'll stick with our NA V8, lexus luxury and reliability, thank you.
Old 05-07-16, 09:25 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 7No
My buddy picked up an M4 last week and I got to drive it. The torque is relentless and the shifts under power were a boot in the pants. The piped in sound is OK - in fact, it's necessary because outside the car it sounds like a lawn mower. Awesome track car, but I'll stick with our NA V8, lexus luxury and reliability, thank you.
I'm in the same boat as you with questioning the brands reliability. I haven't driven the F80 M3 yet but I've found myself missing 4 doors. Especially with my blue Bulle believing its a necessity to come along on every car ride.

I've spent 11 months with my RCF and recently had an "experience" that makes me question keeping the car.

I see you are also at high altitude which has drastic consequence with our NA V8's, I also see you go through vehicles at a similar rate.
Old 05-08-16, 05:29 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

honestly the car that ruined everything in the RCF for me was the Mk7 Golf R DSG.

I bought it after the RCF as a daily driver, 4 doors, and nice power.

Did the bolt ons and it started flying.. everytime I drove the RCF I kinda wished I got out in the R.

so I traded in my RCF for a Gt4... the golf R for DD & Gt4 for weekends was the perfect choice for me.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-08-16, 06:10 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
honestly the car that ruined everything in the RCF for me was the Mk7 Golf R DSG.

Did the bolt ons and it started flying.. everytime I drove the RCF I kinda wished I got out in the R.

so I traded in my RCF for a Gt4... the golf R for DD & Gt4 for weekends was the perfect choice for me.

Yeah, but there is something to be said for looking good coming and going and doing it in style and comfort. Throughout the years, there has always been cheap options for performance compared to 911s, V8 Ferraris and Galardos. The sensible price conscious person would opt for the much cheaper options. Those that enjoy the intangibles and like having an incredible automobile don't mind small sacrifices in performance to get the better car. I have always had respect for VWs, but a 4 door hatch back over and RCF. Some people are just in different markets with different priorities. I get needing the geeky four door hatchback to compensate for having a true two seater as the fun car, but be damned if I would opt for a Golf over an RCF.

How is the GT4? Been seeing a few around here including a yellow the other day.

Last edited by DougHII; 05-08-16 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-08-16, 04:02 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF

Sounds cool, but what #s power wise were you gettin to make you regret the RCF.
Old 05-08-16, 06:50 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DougHII
Yeah, but there is something to be said for looking good coming and going and doing it in style and comfort. Throughout the years, there has always been cheap options for performance compared to 911s, V8 Ferraris and Galardos. The sensible price conscious person would opt for the much cheaper options. Those that enjoy the intangibles and like having an incredible automobile don't mind small sacrifices in performance to get the better car. I have always had respect for VWs, but a 4 door hatch back over and RCF. Some people are just in different markets with different priorities. I get needing the geeky four door hatchback to compensate for having a true two seater as the fun car, but be damned if I would opt for a Golf over an RCF.

How is the GT4? Been seeing a few around here including a yellow the other day.
I completely agree. I'd rather get out of a stock RCF than a highly modified golf any day.

Going to make my decision Saturday after a little trip down to AZ
Old 05-08-16, 11:13 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

I guess it's just the combination of a more practical 4 door & the fact that I got a really really good trade in value for the RCF that made me let it go.

Before selling it, I took off the gthaus exhaust and man does the stock one sound so weak.

I still miss the RCF, it was a nice stylish and powerful coupe.

Doug: the gt4 is fantastic, i'm still at 800km but I try to make as much excuses as I can to go out for a drive. The shifter, steering, exhaust, buckets, the whole feel of the car as unbelievable! I can't wait to track it.
Old 05-09-16, 10:22 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trade in value at this time for the RC F and M4 is quite similar in that each car will be down about 23-24% from their original loaded prices.

Lexus holds its value quite well.

Cars are generally terrible investments...

Quick Reply: Encourage me to keep my car?