Default Tanabe medalion touring axle back

http://www.kamispeed.com/Tanabe-Meda...tb.t70180a.htm

Anyone has experience or installed?

For $940 it's the least expensive axle back for the rcf
Old 03-29-16, 11:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Would you want to try it out? I'll get you a cheaper price than that!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-30-16, 04:11 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

You will get a little bit more noise changing out just the mufflers but you won't get much of a power bump. You are better off going with a full cat-back system.
Old 03-30-16, 05:54 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I installed the PTS system, the gains were noticeable in the upper RMS. If you look at the stock system, it's not a surprise why, so I'd recommend doing the entire cat back if possible.

At first, I noticed some droning at lower RPMS, but it seems to have mellowed out after a couple of weeks, or maybe I've gotten used to it. Either way, the sound is absolutely intoxicating....
Old 03-30-16, 06:11 AM
kdu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazymikie
When I installed the PTS system, the gains were noticeable in the upper RMS. If you look at the stock system, it's not a surprise why, so I'd recommend doing the entire cat back if possible.

At first, I noticed some droning at lower RPMS, but it seems to have mellowed out after a couple of weeks, or maybe I've gotten used to it. Either way, the sound is absolutely intoxicating....
Can you define lower vs upper RPMs? Do you get any noticeable gains below 4K? Also looking at this exhaust and wondering about power gains and droning.
Old 03-30-16, 08:42 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdu
Can you define lower vs upper RPMs? Do you get any noticeable gains below 4K? Also looking at this exhaust and wondering about power gains and droning.
I would say above 4-5k it's most noticeable for power gains. It almost feels like old-school VTEC where you feel the cam switchover. Except this car actually has torque.
Old 03-31-16, 10:27 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

What does everyone think of the sound (fast forward to end)

I'm not particular about hp gains. Just want some more noise
Old 03-31-16, 11:23 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

If you want more noise, you might as well get some HP/TQ gains as well

You can get the Tanabe and then find a resonated X pipe to add to it for better sound and power gain...or you can just grab a Joe-Z catback which already comes with it and is designed to work with it for a unique sound. If I hadn't gone with the Amuse Titan exhaust I ordered, my cheaper fallback would have been the JoeZ catback.

Again, the final decision is up to you but you might as well make the most of it
Old 09-13-16, 12:27 PM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone (that doesn't sell them) actually have the Tanabe axle-back and can comment on whether there is any drone? Thanks.
Old 09-17-16, 10:45 PM
jbwilmoth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nigelm5
Does anyone (that doesn't sell them) actually have the Tanabe axle-back and can comment on whether there is any drone? Thanks.
i have it and there is no drone in the cabin. It sounds great outside of the car and I get compliments on the tone all the time.
Old 09-18-16, 11:44 AM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the tanabe medallion touring on my G37, and even with no other exhaust mod, the sound is much more aggressive and I don't notice any drone in the cabin. I can only assume this will translate to the RC F.

I have the Joe Z system on the RC F. Great sound and quality of the system was impressive. It loses a cat on each side so this will be a problem in some states.
Old 09-20-16, 07:51 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to have the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust on my '01 GS430 (V8) and it was my favorite sounding exhaust aside from the Meisterschaft that I have on the RCF now. There is no drone at all at highway cruising speeds but at WOT it sounds amazing. And I also think Tanabe has the best looking exhaust tips in the industry. I am very happy with my Meisterschaft system but for someone looking to get a good system for a low price Tanabe is the way to go!
Old 09-21-16, 02:30 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Axle back to me is a waste of money no power gain. If you want it louder just remove the secondary cat for 150 bucks trust me. If not just do a full exhaust like the joe z , borla ect...
Old 03-09-17, 10:06 AM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

I bought the tanable touring axle back. Really liked the look and the sound/tone. No Drone. Much more liveable than the borla. Nontheless, I kept it on for a week and am selling it because I wanted to go back to quiet. Its on ebay (no reserve. $400). great deal.
Old 03-09-17, 12:12 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I also have one and love it. Very tame normal driving and not obnoxious when you get on it. I think it did gain a few hp but I also had my secondary cats removed. You have to figure most of the exhaust is 2.5" anyway. Save some dough and get the axle back and have the secondary cats removed like I did.. Couldn't be happier...

Quick Reply: Tanabe medalion touring axle back