Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Lexus is learning about supply and demand...but GSF :/

Total unsold units according to cars.com

GSF 477
RCF 318 (including 2015s)
2015 RCF 163
Used RCF 96

What i'm predicting is after all the 2015s are sold, the resell value of rcf will stabilize. Currently a trade-in RCF fetches 50k, and dealer lists 59-60k. So the RCF lost about 31% first year

Hopefully Lexus caps off production or else we will see a rerun at year end of 20% discount.
Old 03-25-16, 08:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

In Canada, RC F's now are only on order for MY 2016.
Old 03-25-16, 08:20 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked

GSF 477
2015 RCF 163
Used RCF 96

What i'm predicting is after all the 2015s are sold, the resell value of rcf will stabilize. Currently a trade-in RCF fetches 50k, and dealer lists 59-60k. So the RCF lost about 31% first year

Hopefully Lexus caps off production or else we will see a rerun at year end of 20% discount.
Is the 50K your cars appraisal value, or just a guesstimate?
Old 03-26-16, 08:29 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Is the 50K your cars appraisal value, or just a guesstimate?
Based on what carmax told me how much they bought the car for and listing it for (59k for 73k sticker RCF with 10k miles). Also I visited my dealer and they had one listed for 59k. Dealers always pay 2-3k less than what carmax offers, but a buyer will benefit more from the tax credit trading it in.
Old 03-26-16, 12:49 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Based on what carmax told me how much they bought the car for and listing it for (59k for 73k sticker RCF with 10k miles). Also I visited my dealer and they had one listed for 59k. Dealers always pay 2-3k less than what carmax offers, but a buyer will benefit more from the tax credit trading it in.
news flash Carmax cant certify the Lexus its worth less to them
Old 03-26-16, 03:55 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
news flash Carmax cant certify the Lexus its worth less to them
News flash it costs money to certify. At least a couple grand. New tires, all fluid change, new brakes, and any body work repairs. Therefore the dealer will always offer less for a trade in and sell higher than Carmax.
With at least 3 years basic warranty left with Lexus quality, certified warranty isn't a strong sell incentive for buyers unlike German brands
Old 03-26-16, 04:00 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GSF 477
2015 RCF 163
Used RCF 96

I love both cars, but they're priced too high with the competition creating beasts.

An ATS-V with 464HP is going for $60k brand new. You step into the $80s and you're looking at a world ending 640HP CTS-V

Hell, even the 445hp BMW 550i starts at $67k

The RCF is better priced at $60-$65 new

GSF $65-70 new.

Lexus had a great idea that they took too long to implement.
Old 03-26-16, 04:30 PM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

News flash it costs money to certify. At least a couple grand. New tires, all fluid change, new brakes, and any body work repairs. Therefore the dealer will always offer less for a trade in and sell higher than Carmax.
With at least 3 years basic warranty left with Lexus quality, certified warranty isn't a strong sell incentive for buyers unlike German brands
News flash. Lexus certification changes the warranty to 6 years, unlimited mileage on everything (bumper to bumper and powertrain), so a certified car is actually better than new as far as the warranty goes. I bought my car certified and it had 6,900 miles on it. Pretty sure it didn't cost the dealer much to certify it.

And for the record, Carmax offered me $33k for my trade and the dealer ended up giving me $38.5k, so I did better by trading it in, plus I got the tax credit on top of that. Maybe your experience is true for your region, however, most dealers I've dealt with will match Carmax offers.

And I got a good deal on my car- 2015 with all options except carbon (it was an early model, so it had a TVD and a sunroof- a combo I really wanted) and I got it for $61k in Jan. I think original sticker was $78k.
Old 03-26-16, 04:32 PM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
I love both cars, but they're priced too high with the competition creating beasts.

An ATS-V with 464HP is going for $60k brand new. You step into the $80s and you're looking at a world ending 640HP CTS-V

Hell, even the 445hp BMW 550i starts at $67k

The RCF is better priced at $60-$65 new

GSF $65-70 new.

Lexus had a great idea that they took too long to implement.
Cadillac can suck a fat one as far as I'm concerned. I will never buy another Cadillac or GM vehicle. Ever.

In the 2 years/14k miles I owned my 2011 CTS-V the piece of crap was in the shop for 8 weeks total. Cadillac customer service wouldn't do anything to make up for this except to tell me that they were "sorry the car didn't meet my expectations."

So, in this case, I think you get what you pay for. The interior of the RC-F is superior, it doesn't squeak, rattle and make weird noises that the dealer says are "normal."
Old 03-26-16, 04:37 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by crazymikie
Cadillac can suck a fat one as far as I'm concerned. I will never buy another Cadillac or GM vehicle. Ever.

In the 2 years/14k miles I owned my 2011 CTS-V the piece of crap was in the shop for 8 weeks total. Cadillac customer service wouldn't do anything to make up for this except to tell me that they were "sorry the car didn't meet my expectations."

So, in this case, I think you get what you pay for. The interior of the RC-F is superior, it doesn't squeak, rattle and make weird noises that the dealer says are "normal."
I agree, I hate GM and will never own another. That being said, we aren't most people.

Being priced $5-10k over the ATSV but $15k under the CTSV makes sense to me.
Old 03-26-16, 05:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Actually Lexus's L/Certified program was changed this Jan 4th 2016. Old warranty was 3 year / 100,000 miles. The new program is Balance of new car warranty + 2 years / unlimited miles. The LCCS Low mileage program use to cost $530 for certification is now $995, and the Standard program (6 yr/ 70K) which was $995 is now $1395. It should be noted that while last years program netted an oil change, now it comes with complimentary scheduled maintainence which covers 4 services (2 years or 20K miles). So if your certified car has 20,000 miles, the 25K, 30K (major), 35K, and 40K would be taken care of. New Lexus still only get 2 services! 5K/10K. Overall a nice improvement to the program.

Last edited by Hoovey689; 03-27-16 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-26-16, 05:56 PM
Santanas
Rookie

This is music to my ears, once my lease is up on december 2017 I might get a steal deal again...probably the LC is already out and they have again a lot of leftovers lol
Old 03-26-16, 07:48 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crazymikie
News flash. Lexus certification changes the warranty to 6 years, unlimited mileage on everything (bumper to bumper and powertrain), so a certified car is actually better than new as far as the warranty goes. I bought my car certified and it had 6,900 miles on it. Pretty sure it didn't cost the dealer much to certify it.

And for the record, Carmax offered me $33k for my trade and the dealer ended up giving me $38.5k, so I did better by trading it in, plus I got the tax credit on top of that. Maybe your experience is true for your region, however, most dealers I've dealt with will match Carmax offers.

And I got a good deal on my car- 2015 with all options except carbon (it was an early model, so it had a TVD and a sunroof- a combo I really wanted) and I got it for $61k in Jan. I think original sticker was $78k.
I would pick a new car over any certified and most likely molested sports car any day of the week. I mean, no one buys the rcf to drive it like a Prius. Some guy on here in February just negotiated a 79k sticker rcf close to what you paid. But hey if you are happy with your certified rcf and the deal, who is to judge. Dealerships are not in business to lose money. Welcome to trade-in/sales price adjustment. They inflat the trade-in to make you happy and sleep better at night then make it up on the sales price.
Old 03-27-16, 03:51 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
I agree, I hate GM and will never own another. That being said, we aren't most people.

Being priced $5-10k over the ATSV but $15k under the CTSV makes sense to me.
+1 I'd say the vast majoity people won't pick the Lexus at this price point just because it is a better built car. Especially in this class of car where owners change their car every 4-5 years anyways.

I want a GS F, but despite being a "better" car, I still think its overpriced for what you get. I'm hoping in the next month or so, the dealers realize its a repeat of what happened with the RC F. If not, I can always wait lol
Old 03-28-16, 03:50 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Therefore the dealer will always offer less for a trade in and sell higher than Carmax.
I, like crazymikie, also got about $5k more from the dealer vs CarMax. I was actually insulted by Carmax's offer and I'll never go there again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus is learning about supply and demand...but GSF :/