RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Picked up damn nail at 1400 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 03:29 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Picked up damn nail at 1400 miles

Just my luck... Good thing it's not on sidewall. Discount tire co. is taking care of it free for me
Old 03-24-16, 04:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

That's too bad. Did you call Lexus Roadside Assistance or you were able to safely drive to the garage?
Old 03-24-16, 05:58 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I picked up a machine screw when I had 2,000 miles, plugged the tire and 14,500 miles later no issues. Don't sweat it too much, s%#t happens.
Old 03-24-16, 07:44 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I was able to drive home. Knowticed it on dash right away when the tire pressure was 5psi less than the rest.
My question is if I did call Lexus roadside, what would they do? Add more air or pump that goo into the tire? Is the tire destroyed after the goo is pumped in?
Old 03-24-16, 08:10 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I was able to drive home. Knowticed it on dash right away when the tire pressure was 5psi less than the rest.
My question is if I did call Lexus roadside, what would they do? Add more air or pump that goo into the tire? Is the tire destroyed after the goo is pumped in?
I've never used the roadside service, maybe someone else can clarify what they would do exactly. I would say that once we put that goo into the tire that would be the end of its life, along with the tpms.
Old 03-24-16, 08:14 PM
keithS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know about the tire, but I've heard that goo really does ruin the tpms.
Old 03-24-16, 08:15 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a nail in my rear tire around 2000 miles...it was too close to the sidewall to repair per Lexus dealership and discount tire. $400 bucks out the pocket...
Old 03-24-16, 09:23 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Are we even able to find a spare that would clear all brake caliper and disk? Is that why Lexus equipped with this lame goo? I took the package apart today, the whole setup is inefficient. The air pump would only work with the goo. It does not pump normal air.
Old 03-24-16, 09:28 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by equalme
I got a nail in my rear tire around 2000 miles...it was too close to the sidewall to repair per Lexus dealership and discount tire. $400 bucks out the pocket...
That stinks. I quoted road hazard from discount tire for about 1/4 the cost of all 4 PSS. But the kicker is its on back order for 2 month so they will/can only replace with a compatible tire, in the case of side wall puncture. Then you would have to replace/match the other tire or else its going to be dangerous with miss matched tires per axle
Old 03-25-16, 11:09 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the wheel and tire package. Had a screw in my right rear and Lexus replaced the tire for free.
Old 03-25-16, 11:54 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ghoffner
I bought the wheel and tire package. Had a screw in my right rear and Lexus replaced the tire for free.
is the package good for any number sets of tires for certain years or just the oem that came with the car?
what other restrictions does it come with? deductible?
Old 03-25-16, 12:10 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the package good for any number sets of tires for certain years or just the oem that came with the car?
what other restrictions does it come with? deductible?
It covers all tire punctures by nail/screw. Lexus will replace the tire absolutely free of charge as long as there is a certain tread amount on it. Lexus will also repair any/all rim damage, even if it is my fault, for free. I think it was $1700 and covers my 3 year lease.
Old 03-25-16, 12:39 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

It covers all tire punctures by nail/screw. Lexus will replace the tire absolutely free of charge as long as there is a certain tread amount on it. Lexus will also repair any/all rim damage, even if it is my fault, for free. I think it was $1700 and covers my 3 year lease.
oh only for lease?
Old 03-25-16, 01:02 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

same here, service found a nail in my left rear tire at my 5,000 mile service and just replaced the tire.

and no not just for lease. I purchased my RCF
Old 03-26-16, 08:28 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a license plate screw in my Driver/Front tire w/ 3,500 miles on it. No psi drop and I've been driving with it in the tire until I have time to go and get it patched/plugged.

Would you guys recommend patch or plug for long-term reliability. I drive rather fast quite often if that makes a difference lol.

Quick Reply: Picked up damn nail at 1400 miles