RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

My DCTMS Carbon steering wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-16, 12:55 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Just installed one on my girls RC. Did any of you DCTMS wheel owners experience when putting it on that it was off by a tooth to line up to top dead center? I knew for a fact when I removed the stock wheel it was straight up. When I went to put on the DCTMS, it wouldnt line up straight. Either just left or just right of top dead center. After install drove it and yup, the steering wheel is just a tick off center to the left. Can this be corrected by an alignment or something other than the wheel? I've seen cars that has never had their steering wheel removed turned in one direction or the other by several degrees with the car driving straight. How does that even happen??

Just for reference the pics below. Steering column shafts is dead center straight one pic is one tooth left the other is one tooth right. Can't line it up perfect to center...

Last edited by 10lexISR6; 08-14-16 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-13-17, 09:13 AM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
Just installed one on my girls RC. Did any of you DCTMS wheel owners experience when putting it on that it was off by a tooth to line up to top dead center? I knew for a fact when I removed the stock wheel it was straight up. When I went to put on the DCTMS, it wouldnt line up straight. Either just left or just right of top dead center. After install drove it and yup, the steering wheel is just a tick off center to the left. Can this be corrected by an alignment or something other than the wheel? I've seen cars that has never had their steering wheel removed turned in one direction or the other by several degrees with the car driving straight. How does that even happen??

Just for reference the pics below. Steering column shafts is dead center straight one pic is one tooth left the other is one tooth right. Can't line it up perfect to center...

Did you ever get an answer to this question? Thanks.
Old 01-13-17, 10:06 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Just installed one on my girls RC. Did any of you DCTMS wheel owners experience when putting it on that it was off by a tooth to line up to top dead center? I knew for a fact when I removed the stock wheel it was straight up. When I went to put on the DCTMS, it wouldnt line up straight. Either just left or just right of top dead center. After install drove it and yup, the steering wheel is just a tick off center to the left. Can this be corrected by an alignment or something other than the wheel?
Yes. That's an easy adjustment with an alignment.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (01-13-17)
Old 01-13-17, 05:40 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Yes I did get this fixed finally. It was a bit of a hassle. I initially took it to Carson Toyota which was right around the crown from my GFs house. I called ahead and they confirmed they could do the RC. I asked them if an alignment should fix it and they said yes. They performed an alignment to factory spec and it didn't fix it. They charged me $80 and I had to argue that they didn't fix why I brought it in for. Long story short, got disrespected and argued with the service manager but ultimately got a full refund. Just FYI for all you So Cal folks, Lexus' are not welcome at Carson Lexus anymore, thanks to yours truly evidently.

Another member on here informed me of an old school alignment shop in Torrance and they squared it up perfect. Top notch and great customer service.
BossMoss (01-13-17)
Old 01-13-17, 07:58 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes I did get this fixed finally. It was a bit of a hassle. I initially took it to Carson Toyota which was right around the crown from my GFs house. I called ahead and they confirmed they could do the RC. I asked them if an alignment should fix it and they said yes. They performed an alignment to factory spec and it didn't fix it. They charged me $80 and I had to argue that they didn't fix why I brought it in for. Long story short, got disrespected and argued with the service manager but ultimately got a full refund. Just FYI for all you So Cal folks, Lexus' are not welcome at Carson Lexus anymore, thanks to yours truly evidently.

Another member on here informed me of an old school alignment shop in Torrance and they squared it up perfect. Top notch and great customer service.
I had the same problem but with my factory steering wheel
i went to keyes Lexus in van nuys yesterday and they were trying to charge me 175 to fix it
The car only has 3k miles on it and I was like "listen the steering shouldn't be off with so little miles"
Eventually the service advisor budged and waived the fee
Old 01-13-17, 08:08 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

LRC, I MAY have Missed it but did you say WHAT you payed for this?
Old 01-13-17, 09:08 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulwall4
I had the same problem but with my factory steering wheel
i went to keyes Lexus in van nuys yesterday and they were trying to charge me 175 to fix it
The car only has 3k miles on it and I was like "listen the steering shouldn't be off with so little miles"
Eventually the service advisor budged and waived the fee
Hey what's up bro! Met you at the toy drive. IG #@dmoreorless. Anyhow that's some bull! Your OEM wheel was off and they tried to charge you for it? I do belI've the basic warranty covers alignments and wheel balancing for the first year or first 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Even the service advisors don't know this and you have to point it out to them.
Old 01-13-17, 10:00 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey what's up bro! Met you at the toy drive. IG #@dmoreorless. Anyhow that's some bull! Your OEM wheel was off and they tried to charge you for it? I do belI've the basic warranty covers alignments and wheel balancing for the first year or first 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Even the service advisors don't know this and you have to point it out to them.
Dave! Whats up man!!! Whens the next meet?? hahaha

But yea man the guy was trying to charge me and i was like thats bs!!!! He was even trying to charge me to flash the ecu for the fuel pump issue. I was like its fine I'll just go somewhere else then.
Where did you find this though?
Old 01-13-17, 11:18 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Soon! I hope... haha. This is right off their website bro. Lexus' standard website under basic warranty.
http://www.lexus.com/warranty
Old 07-22-17, 12:06 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LRCSALES

LRCSALES, could you please upload your pics again or change your photobucket settings so they show up on this thread again? Thanks for the write up!
Old 09-01-17, 04:09 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

I finally got around to installing my CF steering wheel from Elvin Wong today, and I experienced the exact same issue. Stock wheel dead on straight - but the new one the teeth line up so that is is either off a notch to the left or to the right. Damn. I guess I'll plan on getting an alignment done next week... But the wheel is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails My DCTMS Carbon steering wheel.-cfsteering3.jpg  

Last edited by BossMoss; 09-01-17 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Pic added
The following 2 users liked this post by BossMoss:
ba2sy (09-02-17), elvin6188 (09-17-17)
Old 09-01-17, 10:41 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by BossMoss
I finally got around to installing my CF steering wheel from Elvin Wong today, and I experienced the exact same issue. Stock wheel dead on straight - but the new one the teeth line up so that is is either off a notch to the left or to the right. Damn. I guess I'll plan on getting an alignment done next week... But the wheel is awesome.
bro that wheel is ridiculously awesome! Not a DCTMS I'm assuming. And all that cf bling in the center of the wheel too. Boss man fits you well. Lol
BossMoss (09-03-17)
Old 09-02-17, 03:55 PM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I installed mine a couple weeks ago with the same issue, but since I'm waiting for some Toms suspension braces and adjustable chamber arm for the rear, have yet to align the car
Old 09-02-17, 07:30 PM
Riva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! That steering wheel looks amazing! How much and where do you order it from Elvin Wong? TIA.
Old 09-03-17, 06:59 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Riva
WOW! That steering wheel looks amazing! How much and where do you order it from Elvin Wong? TIA.
I contacted Elvin via Instagram: @elvin_6188
He responded quickly and sent me a PayPal link. I paid $1030 with no core exchange. Got the wheel in 12 days, but it took me forever to get around to doing the install.

The driving feel of this wheel makes me grin.
elvin6188 (09-17-17)

Quick Reply: My DCTMS Carbon steering wheel.