RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Need help making RCF louder and sound better!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 01:33 PM
RcfRey
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need help making RCF louder and sound better!

I am currently leasing a 2015 RCF and have been disappointed with my muffled exhaust sound.

My questions to you all is,
-Would I be allowed to do a muffler delete?
-Will I have any problems with Lexus in the future, during maintenance or at the end of my lease?
-How about secondary cat delete? Is this procedure even possible? (Friend did it to his 2014 C63 and it made it much louder for a few hundred bucks)

I am not too good with mods and am new to it all. I want to do something relatively cheap to the exhaust and sound of the car overall but at the same time not putting my lease contract at jeopardy.

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you!
Old 03-16-16, 01:37 PM
papasmurf1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you live anywhere near Orange County you can hear my custom exhaust set up local muffler shop did it sounds louder and deeper they do good work not very expensive either......let me know if you want to meet up and hear my car
Old 03-16-16, 01:39 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by papasmurf1
If you live anywhere near Orange County you can hear my custom exhaust set up local muffler shop did it sounds louder and deeper they do good work not very expensive either......let me know if you want to meet up and hear my car

I do.. pm me your info and what it cost you..
Old 03-16-16, 01:42 PM
RcfRey
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am interested also. I live in Los Angeles but will be down there in the OC this Sunday..
PM me your info
Old 03-17-16, 04:43 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Hey,

Feel free to text the number in my signature below.. (213) 394 2886. I can answer your questions about the RCF exhaust noises. I can also get you an exhaust for a great price. I wouldn't recommend doing a muffler delete on a lease, I would rather buy a catback exhaust. That way you can always sell the exhaust back to the market for a good amount of your money back and it sounds a lot better..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-18-16, 09:48 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I met up with papasmurf and heard his system, he took me for a ride on the highway and went thru the different drive settings (eco thru Sport+) very minor drone around 1,500 - 2,000 rpm in eco/normal but with the radio on and windows up you can't hear it.

his setup is very nice, cleanly done and sounds great.
Old 03-22-16, 03:49 PM
look595
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a mid pipe which removes the secondary cats and resonator. I tired to search for any sounds clips of either just the mid pipe or axel back exhaust but couldn't find any. So i ended up going with just a mid pipe and stock exhaust.

See blow for some sound clips.

Cold Start Stock Exhuast

Cold Start Mid Pipe w/ Stock Exhuast

Old 03-22-16, 06:01 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ Sounds good, thx for posting.
Old 03-22-16, 11:02 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Originally Posted by look595
I did a mid pipe which removes the secondary cats and resonator. I tired to search for any sounds clips of either just the mid pipe or axel back exhaust but couldn't find any. So i ended up going with just a mid pipe and stock exhaust.
Nice! How much did your mid-pipe run you?
Old 03-23-16, 03:22 AM
look595
Driver School Candidate

it was a little under $1800
Old 05-28-16, 07:45 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I would like to hear it. What exactly did you do?
Old 06-07-16, 06:15 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GTHAUS sent me the mid-pipe last Friday (the axle back portion still isn't finished ordered in January) and I got it installed the same day. The sound is incredible with a mid-pipe only swap and makes the car 1000x more enjoyable to drive. It actually sounds so good that I have been debating selling the axle back portion when I receive it. I also prefer the look of the stock exhaust with the cans blacked out and if I do keep the Meister I will use high heat black paint on the back portion of the cans.

The guys at the tuning shop also remarked that they have never seen a stock mid-pipe design (on a performance car) kill as much sound as ours does. Its also ridiculously heavy and I had to use my wife's CT200H to get the thing home.

(picture of stock mid-pipe below)
Attached Thumbnails Need help making RCF louder and sound better!-img_1317.jpg  
Old 06-08-16, 05:52 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it remove any of the cats? Do you get any CEL?
Old 06-08-16, 06:23 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
GTHAUS sent me the mid-pipe last Friday (the axle back portion still isn't finished ordered in January) and I got it installed the same day. The sound is incredible with a mid-pipe only swap and makes the car 1000x more enjoyable to drive. It actually sounds so good that I have been debating selling the axle back portion when I receive it. I also prefer the look of the stock exhaust with the cans blacked out and if I do keep the Meister I will use high heat black paint on the back portion of the cans.

The guys at the tuning shop also remarked that they have never seen a stock mid-pipe design (on a performance car) kill as much sound as ours does. Its also ridiculously heavy and I had to use my wife's CT200H to get the thing home.

(picture of stock mid-pipe below)
That's funny, I have the axle back portion installed but not the mid pipe and I LOVE the sound right now as is. I was originally considering getting the mid pipe as well but after hearing just the axle back I'm having second thoughts lol.
Old 06-08-16, 07:04 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

If you want more noise, upgrade the mufflers...that way you get a louder sound but still have the resonators to help with reduction in droning.

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 06-08-16 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help making RCF louder and sound better!