BSM System Error

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-16, 05:34 PM
LAK1NGS
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BSM System Error

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

My BSM doesn't work, I have the error code w/a BIG ! and my side view, rear and front sensors don't work correctly (some sensors work, side view doesn't at all).

I was told drive around about 30 miles should reset but it has not.
Old 03-16-16, 04:50 PM
papasmurf1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had problems with my passages side mirror the indicator doesn't go on even tho clearly I can see a car there I don't have any error codes tho
Old 03-16-16, 04:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

new car, under warranty.. go to the dealer and let them fix it..

no point in screwing with it and forfeiting your warranty over it.
Old 03-17-16, 06:23 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

I had this happen within the first 5,000 miles on my car. Took it to the dealer, they re-calibrated the system and I have had no issues ever since. It was a quick and painless fix. Hope yours ends up being the same.
Old 08-23-17, 11:36 AM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Had this come up on my 21K car the other day. Shut off, started again and still didn't go away. This AM commute en route to Lexus, never came back on - everything worked as it should. Not sure what's up.
Old 08-24-17, 10:22 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CYKBC
Had this come up on my 21K car the other day. Shut off, started again and still didn't go away. This AM commute en route to Lexus, never came back on - everything worked as it should. Not sure what's up.
Out of curiousity, do you happen to run one of the more budget-y radar detectors? The ones that aren't considered stealth?
Old 02-26-18, 06:32 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

On my drive this morning, got the “!” Triangle and message stating “BSM not functioning”. Message only went away when I turned off BSM. Parked car. Turned car off. Then turned car on and waited for initial startup boot to complete. Then turned BSM back on. It started flashing in mirrors like it was calibrating or something then stopped flashing and went off. No error message. Hopefully, that doesn’t happen again. I will keep you all posted.

I also noticed that my wing didn’t auto deploy the other day but is working fine now. Hope there isn’t a glitch in the matrix
Old 02-26-18, 05:20 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I've noticed the same BSM error when it was snowing very hard. After that everything was fine.

The other time was during love bugs season where the love bugs got stuck on the bumper sensors. I just wiped them off and all ok.

The active wing was NOT deploying about a month after I got my RCF. At about the same time there was a TSB for it. I took it to a Lexus dealership and got it resolved. And then all ok.

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
On my drive this morning, got the “!” Triangle and message stating “BSM not functioning”. Message only went away when I turned off BSM. Parked car. Turned car off. Then turned car on and waited for initial startup boot to complete. Then turned BSM back on. It started flashing in mirrors like it was calibrating or something then stopped flashing and went off. No error message. Hopefully, that doesn’t happen again. I will keep you all posted.

I also noticed that my wing didn’t auto deploy the other day but is working fine now. Hope there isn’t a glitch in the matrix