RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Squeaky Brakes on new RC-350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-16, 03:04 PM
Hvyjet
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Squeaky Brakes on new RC-350 F Sport

I'm new to this forum and am hoping for some insight as I have apparently exhausted all my options. I leased a 2015 RC-350 F sport back in October. It is my 6th Lexus. I noticed that the brakes would repeatedly squeak (all types of conditions). It happens the final few feet while coming to a compete stop where the brakes would squeak incredibly loud. I had the car inspected at the dealership, and after my second complaint the car was inspected and a new set of rotors and pads were installed. Unfortunately, the second set is worse than the first. Another complaint to the dealership and I was told they had done everything in their power, and I should complain to Lexus Customer Satisfaction. It's been 2 weeks since my initial call to them and finally after several calls to them asking for support they told me today it is deemed "normal operation of these high performance brakes".
I am dumbfounded. I have submitted videos to Lexus of how bad it is. I honestly can't believe that I'm being told that a car in this price range is normal to have squeaky brakes. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any insights on how to deal with it? I am to the point I want to drop it off back at the dealership and never buy another Lexus again.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Files

Last edited by Hvyjet; 03-02-16 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Video attached
The following users liked this post:
Supersnake (01-13-23)
Old 03-02-16, 03:27 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

it's normal on the RC-F with the Brembo brakes, I haven't heard of it on the 350 though.

might trying bedding the brakes.

I pressure wash the rotors first to get all the excess dust off, then head out to bed them, so far it seems to have been good for 3K-4K miles before the squeal starts up again.

I've had several vehicles with the Brembo brakes and they have all had this issue, I can't speak to the standard brakes on the 350 though.
Old 03-02-16, 04:16 PM
BossHu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really can't get everything. You either get performance + squeekie, or you get less performance w/o squeekie... its a trade off.

squeekie brakes has to do with the pads mostly. Like mjeds said, you might want to try bedding it.

I've had the 3IS350F-sport, brakes were "squeekier" than my 2IS350. But it was livable.

like wise, my RCF came with brembo brakes, ridiculously squeekie to the point I cannot bare with. Lexus had a service bulletin to replace it with OEM pads. I ended up having the dealership swap it out. Immediately, I can notice a stopping performance difference from brembo pads to OEM pads, but I can live with that since I'm not really a lead foot type driver.
Supersnake (01-13-23)
Old 03-02-16, 10:25 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

To the OP - You really want to post in this sub-forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...5-present-258/

Lou
Old 03-02-16, 10:50 PM
Hvyjet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider
To the OP - You really want to post in this sub-forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...5-present-258/

Lou
How do I move it?
Old 06-14-16, 06:40 PM
Catastr0fc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Having the same problem

Have you received any resolution to this problem? I got my RC fsport in August and brought it in bc I just couldn't take the loud brakes any longer. It's actually really embarrassing. I wanted a high performance vehicle and it sounds like I have this old garbage car. I'm really upset.

I was asked if I wanted to escalate the issue to the "higher ups".. and I'm like of course! I'm not paying all of this money to have my car sound like this every single day. It's unacceptable.

I will be speaking with them again tomorrow. It seems very discouraging and I'm so disappointed. If they cannot fix the issue then I don't want this vehicle. I am hoping there is a positive resolution. I will post an update.
Supersnake (01-13-23)
Old 06-15-16, 08:27 AM
Hvyjet
Driver School Candidate

Yes, after a long tedious battle Lexus agreed to replace the brakes again. They claim it was the cleaner I used on the wheels but the problem had started before I had even cleaned them. I was annoyed as I was repeatedly told that my car has Brembo brakes but apparently it doesn't, only the RC-F does. The new set groans a lot but they don't squeak, so I'm counting it as a victory. After numerous phone calls did not produce a solution I finally just drove the car to where I bought it and told the maintenance rep to go drive it, and either I was leaving with a new set of brakes or they would have an additional car on their lot. When he returned they said they would take care of it. I don't think they liked having such a beautiful car driving on their lot making such incredible noises.
Supersnake (01-13-23)
Old 01-13-23, 08:49 PM
Supersnake
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same insane issue

Originally Posted by Hvyjet
I'm new to this forum and am hoping for some insight as I have apparently exhausted all my options. I leased a 2015 RC-350 F sport back in October. It is my 6th Lexus. I noticed that the brakes would repeatedly squeak (all types of conditions). It happens the final few feet while coming to a compete stop where the brakes would squeak incredibly loud. I had the car inspected at the dealership, and after my second complaint the car was inspected and a new set of rotors and pads were installed. Unfortunately, the second set is worse than the first. Another complaint to the dealership and I was told they had done everything in their power, and I should complain to Lexus Customer Satisfaction. It's been 2 weeks since my initial call to them and finally after several calls to them asking for support they told me today it is deemed "normal operation of these high performance brakes".
I am dumbfounded. I have submitted videos to Lexus of how bad it is. I honestly can't believe that I'm being told that a car in this price range is normal to have squeaky brakes. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any insights on how to deal with it? I am to the point I want to drop it off back at the dealership and never buy another Lexus again.

Thanks for any help.
I literally am dealing with this exact issue. Bought a 2016 RC 350 F sport and was loudly squealing a month after purchase from the front. Pads and rotors looked new but I replaced them both anyway costing hundreds, the new set were louder than the last set. I ended up buying R1 concepts drilled and slotted performance rotors and pads and they were even louder. I took it to a shop and said I don’t care what you do fix this noise and they charged me $1k in labor and changed the pads and rotors again and it’s still making the same noise. I’m going to replace the calipers tomorrow and if that doesn’t work I hope it burns to the ground and I’ll never buy another Lexus. It’s such a stupid annoying ridiculous issue for a supposedly medium luxury vehicle brand.
Old 01-13-23, 09:01 PM
Supersnake
6th Gear

Default This is a huge issue that they have the dumbest excuse for

Lexus on their website says our brakes squeal because their high performance brakes even has a video- Dumbest excuse to having brake Issues I’ve ever heard. GTRs don’t squeal, Lambos don’t squeal, Mercedes AMGs don’t squeal, Porsche’s don’t squeal.
they are trying to act like these little $40-70k half sports/luxury cars are high performance race cars or some ***** I love my RC350F but I haven’t enjoyed it since the day I bought it because of this ridiculous front brake sound issue. I’ve had the Oem pads and rotors-squealed, I’ve tried noise dampening pads- still squealing, tried R1 concepts drilled and slotted performance rotors and pads and was even worse.
never will by a Lexus again. Spent about $2300 just trying to fix a sound on a car that cost $40k… it’s insane.
Old 01-13-23, 09:05 PM
Supersnake
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Catastr0fc
Have you received any resolution to this problem? I got my RC fsport in August and brought it in bc I just couldn't take the loud brakes any longer. It's actually really embarrassing. I wanted a high performance vehicle and it sounds like I have this old garbage car. I'm really upset.

I was asked if I wanted to escalate the issue to the "higher ups".. and I'm like of course! I'm not paying all of this money to have my car sound like this every single day. It's unacceptable.

I will be speaking with them again tomorrow. It seems very discouraging and I'm so disappointed. If they cannot fix the issue then I don't want this vehicle. I am hoping there is a positive resolution. I will post an update.
same exact issue with the same thoughts- I don’t even want to drive the car because its so aggravating and embarrassing. To me if everyone is having the same Issues there needs to be a recall to fix this issue or refund everyone for selling them lemons straight from the dealer.
Old 01-16-23, 07:43 PM
blackbond
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah the squeaky brakes is unacceptable. I can’t stand how cheap it makes my car sound when pulling out of my parking space in the morning. It only does it after my car sits in park for a while. Maybe rust build up? I’m not sure but i definitely need to take it into a shop and have them clean the rotors etc. i don’t have a jack otherwise I’d do it myself.
Old 09-26-23, 01:38 AM
AussieGordo
1st Gear

Bit late to this topic but it's becoming an issue time for me again as cant stand it anymore. My 2016 RC350 F Sport I also bought from new and it never sqeaked for 3 years until my last service under warranty. Lexus mentioned that my rotors and pads needed changing and the bill would be $2,200 Aussie dollars(around US$1630 at that time in 2019). I bought Bendix pads for $89 AUD in 2019, even though a YouTube video said non-OEM pads would squeal, and they do squeal like crazy but it's only at low speed but been putting up with this for years. I am still on the same rotors 4 years later and they are probably out of Lexus spec, but still plenty of meat on them. Was about to buy R1 Concept brakes on Amazon but amazed to hear they squeal too as it was advertised as a solution somewhere. You would think a matched rotor/pad product would not squeal. Lexus here in Perth, WA want $390 for front pads only. If it did not fix the problem I would be crazy mad but if no one else other than R1 Concept is making a single piece, cheaper rotor and pad set, there is little choice. I would not say the originals feel like they are performance brakes either.
Old 09-26-23, 11:41 AM
cremaley
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought my Lexus RC350 F Sport in July of this year and have a little over 2,000 miles driven and my brakes are a quite as a church mouse. Hope they stay that way.
Old 09-26-23, 12:16 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Hey Charlie, yea bought mine at the end of June. A little over 3K miles, only time I hear brake noise is just after a good wash but quickly goes away.
Old 09-26-23, 12:29 PM
cremaley
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PeteinPA
Hey Charlie, yea bought mine at the end of June. A little over 3K miles, only time I hear brake noise is just after a good wash but quickly goes away.
One of the nice things about owing a Lexus is I can get my car washed at the dealership as often as I want. Usually go at least once a week. living in an Apartment Complex that's a very nice perk for me. Use to cost me $45 to get my Porsche Macan S washed at a local hand car wash.

Quick Reply: Squeaky Brakes on new RC-350 F Sport