RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Who has baby seats in RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-16, 11:25 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Who has baby seats in RCF?

I am selling my ISF this week, and yes silly question very interested in the RCF. Who has two baby seats in the rear, forward facing? How tight, or not tight of a fit is it, with any pics is awesome! Thank you...
Old 02-24-16, 11:58 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I have done this numerous times. I will see about getting some pics. It is very doable, but you will be tight in the drivers seat, depending on your tolerance of having a little one kick your seat. I always make sure to take their shoes off prior to getting in.

I have my son's Recarro seat behind me, and my daughter in a booster seat behind the passenger.

The biggest pain honestly is just getting the damn things in there! The way the seats angle back creates more room, but makes it harder to attach the anchors. The ISF was definitely easier.

Hell, I had two car seats for a brief time in my TT RS, talk about a tight fit!

Good luck!
Old 02-24-16, 12:30 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds awesome..yeah I will have to take my seats to the dealer and test fit then. PICS are welcome! Thanks
Old 02-25-16, 05:58 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I use one for a 4 year old. No issues, but it is behind the passenger seat so does not impact driver. Wife seems content with room in passenger seat and she does not move seat back as far as it could go.
Old 02-25-16, 06:41 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
I have done this numerous times. I will see about getting some pics. It is very doable, but you will be tight in the drivers seat, depending on your tolerance of having a little one kick your seat. I always make sure to take their shoes off prior to getting in.

I have my son's Recarro seat behind me, and my daughter in a booster seat behind the passenger.

The biggest pain honestly is just getting the damn things in there! The way the seats angle back creates more room, but makes it harder to attach the anchors. The ISF was definitely easier.

Hell, I had two car seats for a brief time in my TT RS, talk about a tight fit!

Good luck!
Is your Recaro rear-facing baby seat? Thanks.
Old 02-25-16, 07:03 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Is your Recaro rear-facing baby seat? Thanks.
Nope, this one is front facing. The kids were too big by the time I had the RC F, and were out of the rear facing ones. There seems to be more room there than you would think, given the way the seats angle down. If the car seat is wide though, you can't take advantage of it.

Here is the only picture I have of both car seats in, isn't the best for giving perspective unfortunately. Currently only have my daughter's booster in but this is two full seats, not a seat and a booster.
Attached Thumbnails Who has baby seats in RCF?-rcf-kids.jpg  
Old 02-25-16, 08:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Nope, this one is front facing. The kids were too big by the time I had the RC F, and were out of the rear facing ones. There seems to be more room there than you would think, given the way the seats angle down. If the car seat is wide though, you can't take advantage of it.

Here is the only picture I have of both car seats in, isn't the best for giving perspective unfortunately. Currently only have my daughter's booster in but this is two full seats, not a seat and a booster.
Thanks for the info. Very cute kids!

By the time I get an RCF, more than likely my daughter would be out of rear facing baby seat. But, it is good to know rear facing baby seat can also fit in the RCF (we have a Graco travel system and the base platform is not wide at all. It fits very in my small C-XRS so I am hopeful the width can work for the RCF). I also noticed how the rear seats are angled backwards (looks to me like about a 75 degree angle), which works great for fitting a baby seat.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-25-16 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-25-16, 12:22 PM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my newborn's baby seat behind the passenger seat and my wife sits behind me. I'm 6'1'' and its a little tight when she is back there. As others have said the hardest thing is getting the damn chair in there but it isn't as bad as some might think.