RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Disappointed with Lexus reliability on the RCF

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-16, 08:39 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I had my wing raised and turned it off in the settings for months and wanted it to go up and down. It did for about 2 weeks. now it is stuck up and dosent respond to the button

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Did you turn off the ability to lower/raise in the settings?

I purposely leave my wing in the up position and it was back down after the 5k service and fuel pump TSIB fix. Had to raise it w/ button then go into settings to disable. That is temporary until I get my new CF wing which seems to be stuck in customs at the port in CA.
Old 08-09-16, 09:41 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Sooooo, this is another fuel pump thread, since the check engine was user-related?
Old 08-09-16, 11:40 AM
NotADood
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
I had my wing raised and turned it off in the settings for months and wanted it to go up and down. It did for about 2 weeks. now it is stuck up and dosent respond to the button
IIRC, there is a fix for this, and is a known issue.
Old 08-09-16, 11:41 AM
NotADood
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

BTW, for all fuel pump related issues, there is an ECM update available from Lexus that increases the voltage going to the fuel pump to prevent the buzzing issue.
Old 08-09-16, 01:14 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Every brand of car has lemons, even Lexus. Lexus just has fewer of them. But some people are going to be unlucky. Someone has to get the short end of the stick, there's no way around it. If it were me I would probably feel as you do.

So far my RC F hasn't had any of the problems I've read about (fuel pump, stuck wing, LCD odometer anomalies, axle noises, strange noises in the triple digits, etc...) other than the ventilated seats problem. I would certainly not want to return my RC F just because of the seat issue. I would like it fixed though.

My RC F has 13,622 miles (I just looked at my Enform app).
Old 08-09-16, 02:01 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NotADood
BTW, for all fuel pump related issues, there is an ECM update available from Lexus that increases the voltage going to the fuel pump to prevent the buzzing issue.
I wonder if any fuel pumps actually failed. Dealerships were replacing them due to noise because they wanted to make customer happy, but turns out pumps were behaving normally within the parameters set in ECM.
Old 08-10-16, 07:43 PM
cmhuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hit 25800 no issues... at 20000 service replaced tires then did a 5000 cross country road trip my only issue is that I can't stop driving it!
Old 08-11-16, 02:35 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cmhuk
Just hit 25800 no issues... at 20000 service replaced tires then did a 5000 cross country road trip my only issue is that I can't stop driving it!
Getting close to me. I am between 29k and 30k and no issues. I was driving the wheels off it for business trips up until about 6 months ago. I am putting way less miles per month on it now.
Old 09-25-16, 09:37 AM
malecrod
Driver School Candidate

New to site. I have the 2015 RCF and my check engine light also just came on at just 4160miles. Going to the dealers on October 8th to see what the problem is. I have also had the radio and navigation just stop responding to inputs soon after I bought the car and driving on the highway. It was hot summer day, so don't know if this has something to do with it. It has not happened since though.
Old 09-25-16, 11:31 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

One key word that covers all the problems on new cars these days. Out sourcing !! Like have those high priced parts made in china etc.
Old 09-25-16, 12:54 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I agree with some of the problems is with "out sourcing". But disagree with you that NOT ALL BAD THINGS ARE MADE IN CHINA. It is a matter of quality control and at what price point. If the vendor is willing to pay for top quality stuff made in China, this is possible. But if the vendor just want to pay to the lowest bidder, then quality suffers and this maybe the end result we are seeing as end product consumers. Unfortunately I think Lexus is beginning to go in this direction as the pressure is on in order to compete in the market place with "pricing pressures". I really hope Lexus reverse the trend immediately.

Originally Posted by dicer
One key word that covers all the problems on new cars these days. Out sourcing !! Like have those high priced parts made in china etc.
Old 09-25-16, 12:58 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about your check engine light with so few miles.

Make sure your gas cap is securely closed. I would open the gas cap and take it off and put back on until I hear the usual clicks. And then drive it around (I think it will take like 100 miles or so if this was the problem in order for the car to clear itself.)

Of course, I would still have the Lexus dealer check it out and connect to their computer and see what is happening.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by malecrod
New to site. I have the 2015 RCF and my check engine light also just came on at just 4160miles. Going to the dealers on October 8th to see what the problem is. I have also had the radio and navigation just stop responding to inputs soon after I bought the car and driving on the highway. It was hot summer day, so don't know if this has something to do with it. It has not happened since though.
Old 09-25-16, 05:31 PM
malecrod
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tip. Will check the gas cap.
Old 09-26-16, 03:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Could be the cap, but you're just guessing. Buy an OBD code reader, and read the code. You don't need an expensive one, and it could be something you can fix. I any case, when taking your F to the dealer, knowing the problem in advance will help you and not allow the dealer to put anything over on you. If you don't want to buy your own code reader, take it to an AutoZone, they will read the code for free.

Lou
Old 09-26-16, 03:24 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Could be the cap, but you're just guessing. Buy an OBD code reader, and read the code. You don't need an expensive one, and it could be something you can fix. I any case, when taking your F to the dealer, knowing the problem in advance will help you and not allow the dealer to put anything over on you. If you don't want to buy your own code reader, take it to an AutoZone, they will read the code for free.

Lou
The car should be under warranty so not much issue about anyone pulling a fast one on him and probably should not be trying to fix anything or erasing any codes or turning off lights on a car covered by warranty . . . just in case. This could cause issues.

Autozone will run a free OBD code check, but its just a check engine light and under warranty. Check engine lights are typically not a huge deal. Just drop it by Lexus and call them in advance to let them know the light is on just to get their endorsement on the record that it is safety drive and does not need to go in ASAP.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with Lexus reliability on the RCF