RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus NOT honoring Warranty on fuel pump

Old 02-08-16, 11:19 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
but it sounds as if you jumped the gun abou Lexus not honoring warranty if your case is still under review.
He didn't jump any guns man. He's having to raise all kinds of hell because they (dealer, Lexus, or both) didn't want to replace it willingly.

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
It seems like the few cars that had this issue that no matter how many replacement pumps they throw at it the issue comes back.
I already mentioned this before. One of the buyback car owners said it was something with the wiring/harness, and specifically the connector to the pump. And only makes sense. But he never came back to give further details, probably due to the lawyer crap you're forced to sign with those deals. Several of the multi-pump 'failures' kept getting the same issue back like clockwork. But agan, nobody that I know of has said they were actually stranded due to a bad fuel pump. All I've read so far is just noise, from mild to severe. Obvious it's something deeper at play here. Curious when Lexus will acknowledge the real issue, whatever it is.
Old 02-08-16, 01:39 PM
Gatie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatie
Thanks for the encouragement. Well the business day is well over now.....actually the whole day of Friday has passed. It is well after midnight and I have not received the call. I will follow up on Monday.
Well, like I mentioned previously, the Case Manager did not call me back Friday. And, no call over the weekend. Today is Monday. Someone from Lexus called me at 1:25 PM to tell me that my Case Manager is out sick today and will call me when he gets back in. I will wait 2 more days. If I do not hear from the Case Manager, I will drive over to Lexus HQ and give them one more opportunity to make things right. I might also go to the dealer to give them one last opportunity as well. Based on their responses, I will go on to my appropriate next steps.
Old 02-08-16, 01:54 PM
kdphan
Driver

damn this is getting serious...

that case manager is sick...sick of dealing with this issue
Old 02-08-16, 03:21 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The fuel pump on my F started making noise at ~6,000 miles. It comes and goes, on some occasions the noise is louder than others. I don't think it has affected the performance of the car at all. Sometimes the car does take a long time to crank up(over 5 seconds on some occasions), but I am not sure if this is related to the pump. I've documented the pump sound and long cranks at every service and will do so again at the 15,000 mile interval this weekend.

As for the OP, I feel your pain, I also had a case open with Lexus recently about another issue. They addressed the problem, but took a little over 3 weeks time. During that time, the Case Manager was sick for a couple days and went on vacation. Hang in there dude!
Old 02-08-16, 03:26 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
My uninformed lay speculation leads me to believe it is something other than the fuel pump causing the fuel pump to fail since it seems to reoccur in the impacted cars.
This totally makes sense to me. I've noticed several of you guys have had the pump replaced over and over. What a fubar for Lexus
Old 02-08-16, 06:21 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'll ask the question I haven't seen yet....

If you know the pump is junk, and Toyota is in no rush to get a replacement, why not go aftermarket? Something like this: http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...p-offset-inlet

Go to a shop, have them drop the tank, and put a new pump in.

While it won't be warrantied, it sounds a lot less painful than dealing with this crap.
Then you are really screwed if you have an issue and you gave Lexus an out, again if you have to replace the pump 2-3 times and it comes back guess what it's not the damn pump, something is causing it to fail.

I have been an engineer all my life and if the part fails over and over in less then .001% of the cars it's not that part it's something else, 2-3 cars having this issue out of several thousand is not a common issue, it's like saying getting in a car crash is common at these odds.
Old 02-08-16, 06:50 PM
Gatie
Rookie

Earlier today I mentioned that I would wait 2 days...that is not what I told them. It is what I told myself to do, to stay calm. I could not stay calm so I called Lexus HQ back in the afternoon asking to speak to someone who can provide me an update on my case. I got ahold of someone who said he does not see anything in the file to tell me. He said it looks like the Case Manager has contacted several people including the dealership and internal technicians. I told him that is nice but not a single one of them has inspected or heard my car. Not even at the dealership. The dealership never inspected my car after they replaced the fuel pump. How can the Case Manager come to a conclusion.

This guy said he will personally explain my comments to the Case Manager. I said I want to hear back from someone tomorrow (Tuesday) whether the Case Manager is there or not. We'll see what happens.
Old 02-09-16, 08:34 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

So wednesday now ?
Old 02-09-16, 09:23 AM
kdphan
Driver

We might have to wait until 5pm for the OP to hear anything from Lexus...
Old 02-09-16, 09:42 AM
UserNJ
Driver School Candidate

It's very disappointing that Lexus corp hasn't at least made an effort to contact you and discuss the case. Sounds like they keep coming up with lame reasons to just not deal with you.

However, based on my own experience, it's not very surprising how Lexus corp is acting. I've been dealing with them since Nov. on an issue. My RC F has been to the dealer SIX TIMES, and the last time a Lexus Field Tech rep even examined the car. Every visit it has been confirmed there is an issue, but they don't know how to fix it. I've even gone to arbitration over it (NCDS), however that's just a scam and waste of time, as very few people ever win in arbitration. Just like with your case, Lexus corp has been very slow in responding to my requests and providing me with information. I think they just don't care about customers anymore. It's a shame.
Old 02-09-16, 09:48 AM
Gatie
Rookie

I am suppose to receive a call today (Tuesday) from the Case Manager. If he is still out sick, someone else is still suppose to call me. I hope to post a "positive" update BEFORE 5:00 PM. It is now 9:48 AM.
Old 02-09-16, 10:48 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by UserNJ
It's very disappointing that Lexus corp hasn't at least made an effort to contact you and discuss the case. Sounds like they keep coming up with lame reasons to just not deal with you.

However, based on my own experience, it's not very surprising how Lexus corp is acting. I've been dealing with them since Nov. on an issue. My RC F has been to the dealer SIX TIMES, and the last time a Lexus Field Tech rep even examined the car. Every visit it has been confirmed there is an issue, but they don't know how to fix it. I've even gone to arbitration over it (NCDS), however that's just a scam and waste of time, as very few people ever win in arbitration. Just like with your case, Lexus corp has been very slow in responding to my requests and providing me with information. I think they just don't care about customers anymore. It's a shame.
Lemon law ?
Old 02-09-16, 04:20 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the fuel pump issue a common problem? what is the exact issue - just a humming noise when the car is in idle?
Old 02-09-16, 04:42 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
is the fuel pump issue a common problem? what is the exact issue - just a humming noise when the car is in idle?

HUGE problem, 2-3 cars out of the 1000+ sold. Most people think they hear something because they are retards, a few have a real problem.

Lexus is known for it's poor reliability.
Old 02-09-16, 08:34 PM
Gatie
Rookie

The "noise" is louder than many of you might think. It makes the noise all the time, not just when the car idles. If you are in the car idling, you would have to turn up your stereo volume to above 27, and you "might" not hear the noise. The part that worries me the most is, what if the pump fails when driving at higher speeds or when far away from home or what if the failure is something other than it just stops working. The biggest problem is getting the dealer and Lexus to replace the pump....which is a service to provided under warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus NOT honoring Warranty on fuel pump