Just got mine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-16, 01:25 PM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got mine!

Hey Everyone

So I just picked up my 15' RCF yesterday night. Its beautiful and decently quick. I say decently because all I've driven the past six years are Shelbys and Boss Mustangs, so I'm new to the import side. I have a couple comments and want your opinions.

First, the brakes are squeaking. WTF! Take it to the dealer or just end up putting aftermarket parts? Its a lease for 36 months so I really don't want to put a lot of money into it only to turn it in.

Second, dash froze on me twice within 24 hours? Im taking it to the dealer but has anyone else experiences the same issue?

Third, I do want to put an exhaust on it. I can always sell it after. I like the Meisterschaft GTS but 3,500..... It doesn't even include the mid pipe. Can't a muffler shop build you custom pipes from the headers back to the mufflers? Also wont the check engine light come on?

Fourth, I am for sure putting my two 12s in the trunk. Anyone else having issues with the high/lo converter taking a crap on them? It has happened twice on my IS350 and the guys at JR keep saying it only happens to them with Lexus vehicles. What do you think?

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-25-16, 03:53 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ecruz0884
Hey Everyone

So I just picked up my 15' RCF yesterday night. Its beautiful and decently quick. I say decently because all I've driven the past six years are Shelbys and Boss Mustangs, so I'm new to the import side. I have a couple comments and want your opinions.

First, the brakes are squeaking. WTF! Take it to the dealer or just end up putting aftermarket parts? Its a lease for 36 months so I really don't want to put a lot of money into it only to turn it in.

Second, dash froze on me twice within 24 hours? Im taking it to the dealer but has anyone else experiences the same issue?

Third, I do want to put an exhaust on it. I can always sell it after. I like the Meisterschaft GTS but 3,500..... It doesn't even include the mid pipe. Can't a muffler shop build you custom pipes from the headers back to the mufflers? Also wont the check engine light come on?

Fourth, I am for sure putting my two 12s in the trunk. Anyone else having issues with the high/lo converter taking a crap on them? It has happened twice on my IS350 and the guys at JR keep saying it only happens to them with Lexus vehicles. What do you think?

Thanks everyone!

the apexi is too quiet the Meisterschaft is too loud and expensive. The JOEZ is the perfect exhuast
Old 01-25-16, 05:02 PM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone

So I just picked up my 15' RCF yesterday night.

Its a lease for 36 months so I really don't want to put a lot of money into it only to turn it in.
Congrats ecruz! Do you mind sharing your lease details with the rest of the community?
Old 01-25-16, 05:11 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations I can't wait to see what you do with it
Old 01-25-16, 05:53 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh No, NOT the Brake Squealing issue Again Don't forget about the Dust also This issue has guys on BOTH sides. I'm on the side that it SUX & is Embarrassing & i changed mine out when i painted my calipers (i got the CarboTech's, just as Good Stopping & NO Dust OR NO Squeal anymore) I Don't buy into the notion they are HIGH Performance Brakes & are Supposed to Squeal, just Deal with There's some guys on here that took their car back to the dealership & they changed them out with some other pads & they say they don't squeal anymore Anyway, nuff' of the Rant WELCOME to the Club & CONGRATULATIONS on your New RCF
Old 01-25-16, 06:14 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

1. brake squeal, there is a TSB for it, have the dealer fix it at your first oil change, in the mean time properly BED the brakes and it will limit the squeal.

2. the radio system freezing, there is an update (TSB) that addresses this, have it done, again at your first oil change unless it really bugs you. In the mean time pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds will reset the unit and unfreeze it.

I have both these issues and I am 230 miles away from my 5,000 mile oil change and they will be addressed then.

and congrats.
Old 01-26-16, 05:33 AM
ghoffner
Driver

My brakes were sqeaking like crazy, so I had them replaced as the TSB says. The dust issue went away completely, but they're still just as squeaky. I agree with the poster above, I'm on the side that its absolutely embarrassing and I don't by the "they're high end brakes and supposed to squeak" argument. I've seen Lexus already buy-back a few RCF's because of the brake issue.
Old 01-26-16, 06:24 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Brake squeal on high performance sports cars is not uncommon with certain types of pads. Goes away after break in, although you will hear it a bit every now and then. Can change pads if bothers you. Guess I have somewhat gotten used to it over the years when installing certain pads and they are new.

My navigation screen has reset once in 21,000 miles. Does anyone know if these things somehow update themselves or is it just an electronic gremlin. Never heard of a dash going blank. That would suck cruising down the highway.

Don't know anything but JR, but at one time was a high Audi freak having McIntosh class A, Scan Speak Revelator and etc. in all vehicles and boats. Did most of my installs and rewiring as I was extremely picky about even about wiring and cables. Sounds like a lame excuse.
Old 01-26-16, 08:40 AM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Everyone!

Im taking the car back this Saturday to have the Navi and Brakes checked out.

I leased it for 36months, 2500 out of pocket, 10k miles/yr and its costing me mid 8's.
Old 01-26-16, 08:35 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Everyone!

Im taking the car back this Saturday to have the Navi and Brakes checked out.

I leased it for 36months, 2500 out of pocket, 10k miles/yr and its costing me mid 8's.
Damn that sounds pretty high, what was the MSRP on yours and which dealer did you buy from?

JR Electronics is typically pretty good but I've had issues with them in the past. A friend of mine owns a shop called Lextech and they specialize in Lexus vehicles maybe you should have him take a look, PM me for his info if you want. They do everything there, audio, wheels, suspension, custom body work, etc.
Old 01-27-16, 12:14 PM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

I got it at Lexus of Pines. JM Lexus would go no lower than 940. Hell, they started at 1050 a month. NO WAY!

I didn't think it was too bad. Sticker price was 80k.

What else is everyone paying here?
Old 01-27-16, 01:35 PM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

What was the final agreed price / cap cost? I wouldn't worry too much about what you're paying as long as you're happy. Plus, the MF doubled in January(from Dec.) for the 2015s RC-Fs; so there was little to be done apart from negotiating a final price / steep discount.
Old 01-29-16, 03:25 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got it at Lexus of Pines. JM Lexus would go no lower than 940. Hell, they started at 1050 a month. NO WAY!

Ok well for $80k that's not too bad then. Mine was $73.5k and I'm at $699/mo $1000 down 33 mo 12k mi/yr.
Old 01-29-16, 04:27 PM
Santanas
Rookie

$659/month - $3K down - 24 months - 12k miles

It also comes down to credit rating