RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Resonator Delete (with Videos)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-16, 06:34 PM
SaggyNutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resonator Delete

It was really windy out today, and this is shot with my phone. I will go get a Go Pro and shoot these again on a day that is a lot nicer.

Old 01-24-16, 07:21 PM
tarponman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SaggyNutz
It was really windy out today, and this is shot with my phone. I will go get a Go Pro and shoot these again on a day that is a lot nicer.

2015 Lexus RC F Resonator Delete Launch - YouTube
2015 Lexus RC F Resonator Delete - YouTube
2015 Lexus RC F Resonator Delete Cold Start - YouTube
Sounds pretty good! How's the drone?
Old 01-25-16, 07:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

SaggyNutz, sounds smooth like stock, but better as it's louder.

Looking forward to the Go Pro vids!
Old 04-16-16, 07:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Got to do it on mine and very happy with the sound, especially for the nominal cost.

Old 04-16-16, 08:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Thanks for posting. Awesome sound. Love the rumbling noise at cold start. Do you notice any power difference? Can you please post a video from within the cabin as well?

Though, you seem to be short shifting a bit with resonator delete video. Would like to hear how it sounds when the revs get close to 7300 rpm or so. I like rumbling sound at low revs that turns into a high pitched scream at high revs. I wonder if that is how it sounds when it gets close to 7300 rpm?

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Got to do it on mine and very happy with the sound, especially for the nominal cost.

RC F Exhaust Rev - Stock vs Resonator Delete - YouTube

Lexus RC F Exhaust Acceleration - Stock vs Resonator Delete - YouTube
Old 04-17-16, 04:11 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks for posting. Awesome sound. Love the rumbling noise at cold start. Do you notice any power difference? Can you please post a video from within the cabin as well?

Though, you seem to be short shifting a bit with resonator delete video. Would like to hear how it sounds when the revs get close to 7300 rpm or so. I like rumbling sound at low revs that turns into a high pitched scream at high revs. I wonder if that is how it sounds when it gets close to 7300 rpm?

Thanks! Power difference - a touch more ??? as per my butt dyno.

Yeah, I definitely short-shifted. The roads are slippery with dirt/sand from winter making the car feel loose. Might re-do it in later weeks.

As for the inside one, I'll post one soon.
Old 04-17-16, 05:51 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It's such an easy, trouble free mod.
It may be my imagination but I feel like mine has a better sound as I put more miles on it.
Old 04-17-16, 10:03 AM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely sounds way better!!! Does it still give a high pitch sound at 7300K rpm?. Another question is how about warranty issues? Will the dealership know when you take it for service? I really want to do this as it sounds awesome. I don't want my stock exhaust. It sounds terrible unless you keep revving which is annoying to the other people.
Old 04-17-16, 10:12 AM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

That sound is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Is it too noisy inside the car?
Old 04-17-16, 02:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! Power difference - a touch more ??? as per my butt dyno.

Yeah, I definitely short-shifted. The roads are slippery with dirt/sand from winter making the car feel loose. Might re-do it in later weeks.

As for the inside one, I'll post one soon.
Thanks. Looking forward to it. It would be nice to hear close to 7300 rpm to see how the sound changes from rumbling noise at low rpms.
Old 04-17-16, 02:36 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyz10
Definitely sounds way better!!! Does it still give a high pitch sound at 7300K rpm?. Another question is how about warranty issues? Will the dealership know when you take it for service? I really want to do this as it sounds awesome. I don't want my stock exhaust. It sounds terrible unless you keep revving which is annoying to the other people.

warranty on the exhaust is no longer valid, won't affect the rest of the cars warranty.
Old 04-17-16, 04:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13;9451280[B
]It's such an easy, trouble free mod.[/B]
It may be my imagination but I feel like mine has a better sound as I put more miles on it.
Agreed!

Thanks! Sounds great to redline. You be the judge (below vid). Not concerned about voiding the exhaust warranty at all as this is an extremely low risk mod at this location of the exhaust system (i.e. past the cats, O2 sensor etc)

That sound is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Is it too noisy inside the car?
It's a little louder even at low RPM, which is what I like. There's more bass with some midtones added if that makes sense. It's not bothersome at all. No drone.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks. Looking forward to it. It would be nice to hear close to 7300 rpm to see how the sound changes from rumbling noise at low rpms.
You should be able to hear it in the video below.

Recorded with windows up and down

Note: Car is either in Normal or Sport S (not in S+ which as we know amplifies the intake's sound through the speakers).

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-17-16 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-17-16, 05:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for making that video. Sounds incredible. Just perfect, I would say. Not too loud and not too quiet. It does become high pitched when it gets close to the redline.

On a side note, I could imagine all of the cars passing by at the crossing must have people staring at your car considering how rare it is and how your's is in a bright red color. That is what people has me gravitating towards the RCF the most.

You should be able to hear it in the video below.

Recorded with windows up and down

Note: Car is either in Normal or Sport S (not in S+ which as we know amplifies the intake's sound through the speakers).

Lexus RC F Resonator Delete Exhaust Sound From Cabin - YouTube
Old 04-20-16, 12:42 PM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

Old 04-20-16, 07:47 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Great Videos Guys I take it when you go to the muffler shop they will know exactly where to cut it off at & you can also save the pieces just in case you ever decide to put them back on

Quick Reply: Resonator Delete (with Videos)