RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Best Interior Cleaning Products?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-16, 01:01 PM
RcfRey
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RCF Best Interior Cleaning Products?

I just got my RC F a few weeks ago and have been wondering what the best cleaning products are for the interior since there are so many different materials on the inside but the seats and the alcantara are my main concerns. What do you guys use for the interior or what would you recommend?
-Rey
Old 01-15-16, 01:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats on your RC F. Check out the dedicated detailing forum: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...detailing-122/
Old 01-15-16, 01:47 PM
RcfRey
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats on your RC F. Check out the dedicated detailing forum: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...detailing-122/
Oh Whoops, didn't know that existed! still kinda new here. Thank you!
Old 01-15-16, 04:15 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RcfRey
I just got my RC F a few weeks ago and have been wondering what the best cleaning products are for the interior since there are so many different materials on the inside but the seats and the alcantara are my main concerns. What do you guys use for the interior or what would you recommend?
-Rey
Scroll down to post #35 in the following thread.
Carnevino posted a product and my detailer also recommended it. Sonax line.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-tsm-uilt.html
Old 01-15-16, 04:51 PM
GGawaran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for this link! First time Lexus owner and it happens to be the RC-F.. I come from STIs and older toyotas so I am not used to the interior of this vehicle at all!
Old 01-15-16, 06:55 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GGawaran
Thanks for this link! First time Lexus owner and it happens to be the RC-F.. I come from STIs and older toyotas so I am not used to the interior of this vehicle at all!
Sonax is a solid brand overall - their Alcartera cleaner is legit. I like to use Chemical Guy InterClean as its a mild all-purpose cleaner and removes skin oils. Afterwards, I use 303 Aerospace protectant. This stuff is awesome. Ive spoken to many about using Meguries Leather foam, as detail folks in my area use this. Personally, I like that matte look and the 303 is a little too glossy at times. So, I rotate.....

Sorry, I'm overly **** about keeping a clean car. I frequent a site called ( all together ) auto geek dot net The site gives you great articles on car care as well they carry just about anything you can think of for car care ( detail wise )
Old 01-15-16, 11:16 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks! for the link. Fairly new members like me haven't explored all of CL. It's so damn big. lol!

Originally Posted by JB5674
Sonax is a solid brand overall - their Alcartera cleaner is legit. I like to use Chemical Guy InterClean as its a mild all-purpose cleaner and removes skin oils. Afterwards, I use 303 Aerospace protectant. This stuff is awesome. Ive spoken to many about using Meguries Leather foam, as detail folks in my area use this. Personally, I like that matte look and the 303 is a little too glossy at times. So, I rotate.....

Sorry, I'm overly **** about keeping a clean car. I frequent a site called ( all together ) auto geek dot net The site gives you great articles on car care as well they carry just about anything you can think of for car care ( detail wise )
Thanks! for the info. Yea, I think I like the matte black especially on the dashboard because when the sun hits the glossy black, it freaking blinds me. lol!
Old 01-16-16, 03:24 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by GGawaran
Originally Posted by ba2sy
Thanks! for the link. Fairly new members like me haven't explored all of CL. It's so damn big. lol!

You're welcome guys. If you haven't seen this, check out the FAQ/DIY thread here which includes the detailing forum among other useful links specific to the RC F.